The Pies future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Presti

Rookie
Sep 10, 2003
Tasmania
Other Teams
Collingwood
Well lets take a look at what may lay ahead in the future. Granted our list will need some changes at the years end, a couple of the youger players are not GOOD ENOUGH and dont kid ourselves, Richard Cole needs to lift and quickly and Rhyce Shaw the same. I would like peoples opinon on what players are required to fill some of the large gaping holes that we have, Anthony Rocca since his stupid mistake last year is struggling. Does anyone know what players from other clubs could be available at the end of the year. If Collingwood ever contemplated moving Mick on who could be the next coach, I personally think he must coach out his contract. Interested in peoples feedback as we must go back to move forward the thing is it will take time to recover again.

Originally posted by Presti
Interested in peoples feedback as we must go back to move forward the thing is it will take time to recover again.

Be bloody hard to go any further back surely.

Collingwood hasn't got any depth, while it's a good idea having a team full of kids, most of the one's playing senior football aren't good enough to play AFL football. Collingwood needs to try and get some players that aren't rookies, as we have enough of them right now.

MM has tried to bring some of the rookies (Cloke, King, Mullins, Nixon, Richards.) in and get them ready to step into the side once we lose some of our senior players. But right now we need some more senior players to help carry the load, because there is only so long some of our older players start to wear out.

Originally posted by The Scarecrow
Collingwood hasn't got any depth, while it's a good idea having a team full of kids, most of the one's playing senior football aren't good enough to play AFL football. Collingwood needs to try and get some players that aren't rookies, as we have enough of them right now.

MM has tried to bring some of the rookies (Cloke, King, Mullins, Nixon, Richards.) in and get them ready to step into the side once we lose some of our senior players. But right now we need some more senior players to help carry the load, because there is only so long some of our older players start to wear out.

What's going on? They are the Second highest paid list in the league.

Originally posted by taff wa
And if you know that to be a fact you must be the players accountant.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,9489932%5E12270,00.html

Yet Collingwood paid its players just $422,000 less than Brisbane in 2003 but $1.233m more than the Kangaroos and $1.452m more than the Bulldogs.

Collingwood, whose president Eddie McGuire continues to fight for a level playing field, is second to Brisbane in salary cap payments.

I just read the paper.

One thing I will know for sure, is that they will still remain as arrogant as they ever were despite thier position.

P.S. We deserved to win today, Carlton were rubbish, we got out to a lead representative of our dominance after half time, yet the umpires single-handedly influenced the outcome of the contest in the last quarter - no question about it. Macaburny is scum! (Lonie's and Clements' kicks from D50 in the 1st and 3rd quarter didn't help).

I got this quote from Nick's. I'll be laughing at them, but not at some Collingwood posters here. Because they have class, humility, honesty and respect to opposition sides.

Certainly not like garbage like the quote above. Whoever DaicosMagic is, I hope it hurts. Sour grapes ya git.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Thrawn
One thing I will know for sure, is that they will still remain as arrogant as they ever were despite thier position.

I got this quote from Nick's. I'll be laughing at them, but not at some Collingwood posters here. Because they have class, humility, honesty and respect to opposition sides.

Certainly not like garbage like the quote above. Whoever DaicosMagic is, I hope it hurts. Sour grapes ya git.
they failed to mention in the 1st qtr where the blues certainly got the raw deal from the umps on a number of occasions.but of coarse the umps we ok then.

cheers!

collingwood definitely got the better end of the deal from the umps in the first half. several terrible decisions went against carlton.

Being at the game today, I saw the Collingwwod players coming to the huddle at 3/4 time (the defenders in particular) smiling and congratulating each other. Checking the scoreboard they were only 21 points up. I thought it was a bit premature and if Pagan had noticed it I'm sure he would have used it in his 3/4 address. Sure enough the body language coming into the last 1/4 was indicating that Carlton was still hungry and the Pies weren't.

I think we dominated for most of the game today except for that obvious last quarter and we just played stupid ****ing football

still think well finish 10-12

P.S. We deserved to win today, Carlton were rubbish, we got out to a lead representative of our dominance after half time, yet the umpires single-handedly influenced the outcome of the contest in the last quarter - no question about it. Macaburny is scum! (Lonie's and Clements' kicks from D50 in the 1st and 3rd quarter didn't help).

Unbelievable. :rolleyes: What a load of crap - umpires had pretty much no significant influence on the last qtr outcome.

Being at the game today, I saw the Collingwwod players coming to the huddle at 3/4 time (the defenders in particular) smiling and congratulating each other. Checking the scoreboard they were only 21 points up. I thought it was a bit premature and if Pagan had noticed it I'm sure he would have used it in his 3/4 address. Sure enough the body language coming into the last 1/4 was indicating that Carlton was still hungry and the Pies weren't.

I think putting Rocca into the ruck in the last QTR was a big mistake. Richards was doing a great job. When the ball went down to the there was no one to make a contest at CHF.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*LOL*

:D

I love it!!!!!!!

The Pies need to stop promoting inbred rubbish....The Cloke experiment(They all play like their ol man, which is handy if we rewind football 20 years)and the Shaw experiment should not be repeated in a hurry.

If the Pies badly want a player in the Draft period, why do they tell the world, then refuse to let go of mediocre player/s to get him? The problem is the Pies get too precious about existing players.

And start to think passed the Buckley era, cause as good as the dude is, he ain't gonna play in a flag with the Pies.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Pies future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back