Mega Thread The Port Store Mega Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Available Friday 5pm which is the port stores closing time. Geniuses.

They are open until 9 tonight.

Which is annoying as I’m off today and it would have been perfect for me to pop down.

Won’t be able to this evening.

Very happy to get my jacket tonight. It's a beauty.

I got there at about 4.45 and there were probably 30 people in line ahead of me. They let people in in spurts so the store wasn't overcrowded. Probably about 70-100 people had come through by the time I left at 5.30.

I had a chat to our merchandise manager while in the line and he impressed me quite a lot. Feels like someone who gets it. He said this jacket was one of his main goals when taking on the role, and he talked about the fairly meticulous process of getting it accurate, rejecting several early iterations.

He said they had about 200 in stock for the release, with 100 more coming in a couple of weeks and the ability to order more of there is demand.

He also said he's expecting a call from the AFL as they didn't run this by them, because they don't own any of the logos etc. Really liked his attitude about giving the people what they want.

If you're on the fence, get one, it's brilliant. Soft vegan leather on the sleeves, really nice quality, it's pretty warm, probably runs very fractionally small based on speaking with people trying them on, so if you're between sizes go for the bigger size.

Interestingly his other goal was to get Gavin Wanganeen to design an indigenous guernsey for us, but nothing that Gav's art doesn't come cheap.

Very happy to get my jacket tonight. It's a beauty.

I got there at about 4.45 and there were probably 30 people in line ahead of me. They let people in in spurts so the store wasn't overcrowded. Probably about 70-100 people had come through by the time I left at 5.30.

I had a chat to our merchandise manager while in the line and he impressed me quite a lot. Feels like someone who gets it. He said this jacket was one of his main goals when taking on the role, and he talked about the fairly meticulous process of getting it accurate, rejecting several early iterations.

He said they had about 200 in stock for the release, with 100 more coming in a couple of weeks and the ability to order more of there is demand.

He also said he's expecting a call from the AFL as they didn't run this by them, because they don't own any of the logos etc. Really liked his attitude about giving the people what they want.

If you're on the fence, get one, it's brilliant. Soft vegan leather on the sleeves, really nice quality, it's pretty warm, probably runs very fractionally small based on speaking with people trying them on, so if you're between sizes go for the bigger size.

Interestingly his other goal was to get Gavin Wanganeen to design an indigenous guernsey for us, but nothing that Gav's art doesn't come cheap.

I rang 20 times from Sydney and finally got through to get myself this jacket and the 94 premiers t-shirt in black & white ($49).

Spent over $300 on the merchandise. Hopefully it sends the retail team a message that this is NOT only popular in Adelaide but all over the country!

BTW for interstate members they are giving free postage for this sale it might be for any over the phone sale just ask.

Heritage matters!

VNdTDxF.png

thanks david

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread The Port Store Mega Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back