The Precinct at Alberton (Formerly The Port Club)

Remove this Banner Ad

Did they have a special 10 year cabinet with 'air' for 'Kenny's Cabinet'

Kenophobia is the fear of empty spaces, empty rooms, or voids.
Kenophobes are afraid of empty rooms and empty stretches of landscapes. They get an eerie feeling upon seeing such wide spaces. They expect to see walls, mountains, or people, and when these are not present, they tend to have panic attacks. Empty rooms and landscapes trigger disorientation in the individual and they develop a sense of detachment or ‘unreality’ upon seeing these places. Needless to say; life can get very difficult for a Kenophobe.

There is only one real Thomas Seymour Hill trophy and it’s currently at Oval Avenue
Yeah, people don't get that it is a perpetual trophy. It's not like the AFL Premiership Cup where a new one is created every year.

I agree about the positioning of the valuable trophies. The sun will damage them.
The same way the display light in the cabinet of the 2004 premiership display has damaged one half of the match day football donated by Choco.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Yeah, people don't get that it is a perpetual trophy. It's not like the AFL Premiership Cup where a new one is created every year.
Since 1959.

Before that the clubs got flags. So when you see Carlton an Essendon with 16 and Collingwood 15 trophies, more than half are replicas.

Only Hawks' 12 snd North's 4 are 100% original cups of the 10 vic clubs.

Since 1959.

Before that the clubs got flags. So when you see Carlton an Essendon with 16 and Collingwood 15 trophies, more than half are replicas.

Only Hawks' 12 snd North's 4 are 100% original cups of the 10 vic clubs.

And St Kilda batting at 100% genuine trophies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha HA, the Hinkley Precinct would be more fitting.
It's not named the Hinkley Precinct but 5% of all revenue goes to the Hinkley Family Trust.*

* may or may not be true

And St Kilda batting at 100% genuine trophies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha that threw me. I was thinking who has a whole lot of trophies, not singilar.

I think it's great that they have left three empty spaces to accommodate the three premiership cups Matthew Richardson promised us two years ago.

When they are still empty in three years from now, it will become a shrine to his failure.

The same way the display light in the cabinet of the 2004 premiership display has damaged one half of the match day football donated by Choco.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Those sanfl trophies are reproductions but I would still attempt to avoid needing to restore them. The plaques however are the real deal. Hopefully they are protected.

I haven't had a chance to go and have a look yet but I have heard from others that have been that the presentation is superb.

Looking forward to getting there and basking in some glorious memories.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Precinct at Alberton (Formerly The Port Club)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back