The premiership race is not wide open

Remove this Banner Ad

Big lols that people think guys like Stanley, Miers, Blicavs, Cameron, Z Guthrie, Close and Rohan won't go to water in September

July 2007: Big lols that people think Geelong can get it done in September!

July 2017: Big lols that people think Richmond can get it done in September!

July 2021: Big lols that people think Melbourne can get it done in September!

Cats could barely beat Richmond. Not even close to premiership certs.
Very true, you guys are trash.

If you look over this thread, there are very few Geelong supporters who think we are certainties. The people claiming we are, are opposition supporters.

Melbourne are still favourites for mine with a multitude of other teams capable of winning on their day.

I will await Chris Scott's press conference remarks on the complexities of life. Just how fortunate he is to be in the profession despite millions of people around Australia doing it tough. He will even throw in some on field observations on how far some youngsters have come and that will be all she wrote for another wasted year under this man.

Well we are the best side at the moment but it’s still July :(
We have experienced 2008 and to a lesser extent 2016, 2019 and last year when it looked we were the best side at different stages. Teams can fly at the back end of the year or you can cop injuries.

I still believe we don’t like byes and it can halt our momentum. I think we can win it but footy changes often.

Opposition teams should be embarrassed they can’t knock us off. We hardly have anyone in their prime. Anyone who thinks we have a side full of stars is kidding themselves. Plenty of good players still but we shouldn’t be winning flags.
Chris Scott is a master just getting us anywhere near it.

Cats are in best form atm but it’s July?! Too much can happen between now and finals.

3 ingredients to win a flag.
1. Finish top 4. (Not impossible to win outside it but it’s the exception.)
2. Hit best form at the right time. (Still early just yet.)
3. You need some luck.

Given these metrics any of the top 7 clubs are a shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

luck...???

If they do, its because they are a *ing good team. Not sure what you mean by luck.
Luck has a a massive part, sure you also need to be a *ing good team. Luck is the difference between a fit and healthy team, and the walking wounded (and this year a covid calamity)

There's been a lot of flavours of the month. The current one is Geelong. Not to say that they can't win it, but things are constantly changing.

Geelongs run though is far and away better than any other team's run this year.

Melbourne's first 10 games weren't very inspiring, Brisbane is too flakey, Freo is losing games they shouldn't, and Collingwood is 6 goals away from having a worse record than Essendon.

It's a "any given Sunday" sort of year, Melbourne have to be favourites when they have their best 22 out on the park.
I think Brisbane are the dark horse this year. They could get on a roll and force a lot of teams into a shoot out, not many will win in a shoot out with Brisbane.

If this was the same Geelong play style as previous years then I would lol.

But they've finally realised and changed, they're different this year which might be enough.

Geelongs run though is far and away better than any other team's run this year.

Melbourne's first 10 games weren't very inspiring, Brisbane is too flakey, Freo is losing games they shouldn't, and Collingwood is 6 goals away from having a worse record than Essendon.
You're ignoring the fact our games against Brisbane, Geelong and West Coast could have easily gone the other way too. Our form has been at a consistent level all year.

Are the AFL having the stupid pre-finals bye again this year?

If so, it will probably result in some bizarre and ridiculous finals series, with St Kilda somehow fluking 8th spot and going on to win the premiership.

The best team in July doesn't always win in September.

And the fact that it's Geelong- with their last decade of finals fails- should give extra pause for thought.

Melbourne still deserving favourite for mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

The premiership race is not wide open

Remove this Banner Ad

Back