Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I'm back home what a cluster, my IT engage din the literal definition of insanity.

I watched as our supposed IT took control of the work system to try and fix VPN issues, my phone went from 91% to single digit power with the f'ery and all they did was copy files over, click a button, note error, rinse and repeat.

Then I got to discuss with 4 of them at once, that left me with resetting the PC 6x, this time we got different errors as I was plugging s**t in and plugging s**t out, then when she pissed off, she left me with her admin access, so whoopsie.

Then the head guy who was trying to push it along threw me into a chat with 8 people, most of them Indian, and at 4:01 after I left the house at 7:48am, I told them to GAGF, we can do it next week. And here I am, haven't eaten anything all day, stuck in a literal air conditioned office since recirculating air as the only one in that office for most of that time period.

And they tell me to waste money in feeding myself an hour before my shift finishes? After they literally ditch me and say "soz" after an hour in the morning when meeting was missed but hold tight, it'll be fine...

Is for me as I got paid to spin in a chair and press a couple of buttons, look forward to it Monday where I can also eat chips and make a three course meal for lunch. s**t you not, it was raining, I looked up the Indian place same block as work and $9 delivery for a $16 biryani dish, all because 20mins turned into 8 hours and I didn't bring anything except what was required.

#rant

My son is studying for a Bachelor of IT, he's going to have so much fun when he finishes and gets a job .

That is, until they leave the cesspits that are schools/universities and realise they’re not really. The spike in “gays” over the last 10 years is laughable.

My Niece went to Uni, she became gay, then she had a boyfriend, now she's my Nephew.
She looks cute with a beard.

If you think the only angle for the “gay afl player” is virtue signaling or morbid curiosity you’re missing the point.

There is an organisation called stand up run by a wonderful woman named Angie Greene, her dad Russel and her brother Steven you might have heard of from their hawks days.

Her organisation holds events at local footy clubs that highlight how rampant casual and overt homophobia is and I can tell you that we are all guilty of it. At every level. Even now.

Is the AFL at every level doing enough to allow homosexual players to feel comfortable enough to be open about their sexuality (which is a core part of a human beings entire identity). If so then how have none come out yet.

That’s the point.

If you think the only angle for the “gay afl player” is virtue signaling or morbid curiosity you’re missing the point.

There is an organisation called stand up run by a wonderful woman named Angie Greene, her dad Russel and her brother Steven you might have heard of from their hawks days.

Her organisation holds events at local footy clubs that highlight how rampant casual and overt homophobia is and I can tell you that we are all guilty of it. At every level. Even now.

Is the AFL at every level doing enough to allow homosexual players to feel comfortable enough to be open about their sexuality (which is a core part of a human beings entire identity). If so then how have none come out yet.

That’s the point.
Why only homosexuals? What about every other “disadvantaged” group. Looking forward to outing all the gambling addicts and those who have sneaky fridge snacks at 3am.

Yes, I think so. I doubt any player wants to be the first, given they'll be given that title for the rest of their lives. Ian Roberts can't get brought up without someone mentioning his sexuality. Why would anyone want that?

Don't blame players for not wanting to have that put on them.

Why only homosexuals? What about every other “disadvantaged” group. Looking forward to outing all the gambling addicts and those who have sneaky fridge snacks at 3am.
Probably argue with its current sponsorship suite it’s doing everything possible to support the gamblers.
Yes, I think so. I doubt any player wants to be the first, given they'll be given that title for the rest of their lives. Ian Roberts can't get brought up without someone mentioning his sexuality. Why would anyone want that?

Don't blame players for not wanting to have that put on them.
Fair. I’ve done a bit with Stand Up and for the most part it looks like clubs are doing far more than the league.

Exactly. Why are some so interested in who/what people are rooting?
Almost like they’re virtue signalling.
Couldn’t care less.
Kinda agree. Time for the players to stop bringing their girlfriends and wives to the brownlow and instead start bringing the bros who never made it to the top level. How the brownlow medal night got turned into a night for the women is beyond me, leave them at home, bring the boys and make the night special again.

Couldn’t care less.
The types that feed off rumour and gossip like that make me laugh. Sad sad existence for some

We've had how long for indigenous individuals being apart of the AFL and whoops, racist commentary here, our bad.
We've had numerous instances of "don't do X" only for X to be done, quite often, in public, our bad.
We've had numerous instance of "hey, HEY, nice ****" being bad, only, you know, see above.
Why does anyone think the AFL would do any better if someone says "I like other men more than platonic"?
They'll shit the bed as often or more, it's what they do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've had how long for indigenous individuals being apart of the AFL and whoops, racist commentary here, our bad.
We've had numerous instances of "don't do X" only for X to be done, quite often, in public, our bad.
We've had numerous instance of "hey, HEY, nice ****" being bad, only, you know, see above.
Why does anyone think the AFL would do any better if someone says "I like other men more than platonic"?
They'll s**t the bed as often or more, it's what they do.
Lol what. When has anyone made disparaging comments about homosexuals, intentional or otherwise, on a broadcast?

Nobody actually cares who sleeps with who or what anyone does in their private lives. I couldn't give a stuff and don't want to hear about it either.

Lol what. When has anyone made disparaging comments about homosexuals, intentional or otherwise, on a broadcast?

Nobody actually cares who sleeps with who or what anyone does in their private lives. I couldn't give a stuff and don't want to hear about it either.

The AFL, meaning the commission and clubs, thought it obvious when using that phrasing I was speaking about the entity that governs the game and makes / creates things like illicit drug use forms and violence against women for example in the code.

Apparently you took this as broadcasters, dunno how or why TBH, so please direct your Lol what to a mirror.

BT called one of the Geelong players a pouf a few years ago lol

Couldn’t care less.
It is also disingenuous. 'Only male sport not to have an openly gay player'.

It is played in one country. How many South American soccer players are openly gay? How many in the Middle East?
How many openly gay players in Pakistani cricket?
It is typical ABC virtue signalling, that all this is.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

It is also disingenuous. 'Only male sport not to have an openly gay player'.

It is played in one country. How many South American soccer players are openly gay? How many in the Middle East?
How many openly gay players in Pakistani cricket?
It is typical ABC virtue signalling, that all this is.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Australia has had an openly gay Basketballer, Soccer player, Rugby player so it would seem its not the country.

Gotta say the weird backlash to the ABC doing an investigation probably shows exactly why it’s needed. If you don’t care then why get defensive about the doco?

Australia has had an openly gay Basketballer, Soccer player, Rugby player so it would seem its not the country.

Gotta say the weird backlash to the ABC doing an investigation probably shows exactly why it’s needed. If you don’t care then why get defensive about the doco?
As boring as the whole thing is, I’ll ask, what do you want to be done about it?
Keep prodding until someone outs themselves?
Is one enough?
Will “they” be happy until 20% of the league is gay?
Who gives a sh*t.

As boring as the whole thing is, I’ll ask, what do you want to be done about it?
Keep prodding until someone outs themselves?
Is one enough?
Will “they” be happy until 20% of the league is gay?
Who gives a sh*t.
I think the league could do more in terms of education and awareness especially about casual homophobia at grass roots levels but all the way through.

Footy clubs are really important places for vulnerable young people, which would include young gay or queer men, if they don’t feel welcome they either don’t stay or stay in the closet.

That's why I agree with SaintsSeptember - the AFL will fix this now. Ita Buttrose is on the case ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back