Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know the collective noun for a bunch of farken anchors?
Is it a heave ho of w***ers... sorry I misspelt anchors
View attachment 1885393

Funnily enough, the collective is a fleet of anchors, just as the ones that put them there were fleet of foot after lugging that crap there.

Also, get a smelter also, can melt it down to fill that pothole once you grab one of them.

Does anyone know the collective noun for a bunch of farken anchors?
Is it a heave-ho of w***ers... sorry I misspelled anchors
View attachment 1885393
It's just a "Freo" of anchors, because most of the time you'll find them stationary and useless, or at the bottom. No need for further explanation.

So, I gots a letter in the mail. Yay me right.
I look at the letter, from the AEC. So OK, maybe not a yay but has to be something right?
Has my fathers name on it. Now why would that be I wonder...
So I open the letter as legalities be damned about letter opening, I am the only one here so deal with it and it turns out the AEC in all their wisdom decided:

To fine my father for not voting with the yes/no vote. Unless... he has a good reason not to.

First time and probably the last time I will have written to a governmental agency that, when prompted that: "I did not vote because..." I died.

I'm now sitting here wondering if they got the point and if they'll accept that and the obvious preceding hospitalisation dates stated as enough reason for why he might not have been signed off in an arbitrary friggen book almost 2 weeks after he was admitted.

I eagerly look forward to their next letter...
AEC never follow up on their fines.

I was looking at flights to the GWS vs St Kilda game later this year.

Apparently the last plane out of Canberra to Melbourne is at 4.45PM. Does no one want to leave after 4PM up there to MEL?

I am looking at the West Coast game as well. Dard Ball Get Where's a good hotel?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was looking at flights to the GWS vs St Kilda game later this year.

Apparently the last plane out of Canberra to Melbourne is at 4.45PM. Does no one want to leave after 4PM up there to MEL?

I am looking at the West Coast game as well. Dard Ball Get Where's a good hotel?
I reckon you'd find a hotel in the city just quietly

So I had breakfast then mowed the yard, felt a couple drops thought it might rain, cleaned up and packed up. A neighbour of mine then got his out and started as I was just walking inside.

10mins later..

It is now raining consistently, he got stuck in it to rush a little, and his is petrol, mine was battery so yay fuel mixing issues on combustion with water, WOOO. Sucked in mate.

So I had breakfast then mowed the yard, felt a couple drops thought it might rain, cleaned up and packed up. A neighbour of mine then got his out and started as I was just walking inside.

10mins later..

It is now raining consistently, he got stuck in it to rush a little, and his is petrol, mine was battery so yay fuel mixing issues on combustion with water, WOOO. Sucked in mate.
35 degrees here today. I was so fed up with my aircon not working I got up there to have a look. I stupidly presumed my cooling pads were disintegrated, they weren't. 2 of the 4 water outlets were fully blocked with gunk.
That'll teach me to not clean the unit out at the end of Summer.

35 degrees here today. I was so fed up with my aircon not working I got up there to have a look. I stupidly presumed my cooling pads were disintegrated, they weren't. 2 of the 4 water outlets were fully blocked with gunk.
That'll teach me to not clean the unit out at the end of Summer.

That's on my to do once title changes happen; get an aircon for summers. I'd rather have that problem than half busted ceiling fans distributing hot air around.

But yeah, always the way isn't it, it's a thing that works until it doesn't and then requires immediate solution because everything is horrible.

10mins later..

The weather was strange today.

DougalHoward you dealt with Queensland fruit flies? These shit campaigners have infested a couple of my chillies. Hole in it and rotting on the inside. One of them had a bloody bug in it. The aphid problem fixed itself as some other bugs came and ate them all though so that’s good.

I’ve only had one ripe chilli so far which I ate whole. Hottest food I’ve ever eaten in my life 15-20 minutes of misery

So, I got lazy and ordered a calabrese penne from a local joint, it showed up;

As a white sauce.
Instead of a Napoli.

I am summarily confused how you can confuse red and tomato with white and cream.

I also dunno how that is going to be with capsicum, chili and salami, that does not at all appeal as a tasty combination.

So, I got lazy and ordered a calabrese penne from a local joint, it showed up;

As a white sauce.
Instead of a Napoli.

I am summarily confused how you can confuse red and tomato with white and cream.

I also dunno how that is going to be with capsicum, chili and salami, that does not at all appeal as a tasty combination.
Unfortunately this is the world we live in

I did a leg of lamb on the spit tonight and we had no mint sauce.

Why do I even bother

DougalHoward you dealt with Queensland fruit flies? These s**t campaigners have infested a couple of my chillies. Hole in it and rotting on the inside. One of them had a bloody bug in it. The aphid problem fixed itself as some other bugs came and ate them all though so that’s good.

I’ve only had one ripe chilli so far which I ate whole. Hottest food I’ve ever eaten in my life 15-20 minutes of misery
Are those the little white grub larvae looking things? Had a lot of them last year idk what you do about them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back