Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it was a once off, I mean, I'm used to things coming over here given the proximity to the pine tree reserve and river system running through it as yeah, when you wake up to a random ibis on the roof all "what are these tiles?" having a peck, randomly see kangaroo, kookaburra, lizards, snakes, ducks, frogs, possums well, let's just say we made friends with the local magpies so they could fight the snakes and be done with it yes.

When I mentioned it to the sister today as she called since was my birthday yesterday for a dinner date tomorrow to celebrate, she mentioned that it might have come in when she visited as she has them at her place as yes, she breeds them for her snake and geckos.

It was just more so, that cricket would have then been around for maybe 8 hours before it got noticed if she was the one that brought it over.
Hmmm hope the Cricket plague doesn't lead to a snake plague.

I've heard if you have Kookaburra's around you are less likely to have snakes, ( they eat the babies ).
I've also heard that if you have blue tongue's around you are less likely to have snakes. ( don't know which keeps the others away).

Had a few myself the last few days. Instead of chuck em outside I squash their heads in with a shoe and then flush em down the dunny though 😎

squished.gif

Just walked past a woman who smelt like 1975. What's the fascination with the insufferably strong perfumes? Ffs
They always over-spritz for an office environment. Nah Janice I don’t fancy the world’s supply of potpourri under my snout cheers.

I’ve just ordered a sample of a fragrance that smells of blood, concrete, iodine and gunpowder however hahaha

Hmmm hope the Cricket plague doesn't lead to a snake plague.

I've heard if you have Kookaburra's around you are less likely to have snakes, ( they eat the babies ).
I've also heard that if you have blue tongue's around you are less likely to have snakes. ( don't know which keeps the others away).

Burras do nibble on them, but it's less likely than you might think for the adults, is why we made nice with magpies as generally;

Crows give you gifts as thanks for the food, bath and things.
Magpies, come in groups, look at a thing they might like to eat, posse up and slap a bitch.
Burras have a little play, laugh a lot, generally a little timid depending on how big/aggressive something is.

As we've also got rando galahs and cockatoos that ransack our fruit trees, fair to say we have a team of birds to tell snakes to GTFO and stay out with their carrion calls.

But on that track, whilst yeah the brown met a shovel, we did also have a rando rattle of some descript that was just chilling in the yard copping a suntan, so as he wasn't hissing up a storm in a garden all "my land now", he got to slither back to his life previously as no harm no foul.

The cricket, I accept the sisters explanation on how it came to be, it was only one of them and it was the type that come in cases at pet shops going by what it looked like, so makes sense. Haven't seen or heard another since so, is acceptable.

Burras do nibble on them, but it's less likely than you might think for the adults, is why we made nice with magpies as generally;

Crows give you gifts as thanks for the food, bath and things.
Magpies, come in groups, look at a thing they might like to eat, posse up and slap a bitch.
Burras have a little play, laugh a lot, generally a little timid depending on how big/aggressive something is.

As we've also got rando galahs and cockatoos that ransack our fruit trees, fair to say we have a team of birds to tell snakes to GTFO and stay out with their carrion calls.

But on that track, whilst yeah the brown met a shovel, we did also have a rando rattle of some descript that was just chilling in the yard copping a suntan, so as he wasn't hissing up a storm in a garden all "my land now", he got to slither back to his life previously as no harm no foul.

The cricket, I accept the sisters explanation on how it came to be, it was only one of them and it was the type that come in cases at pet shops going by what it looked like, so makes sense. Haven't seen or heard another since so, is acceptable.

This one is way less timid than i am.

Its good we don't need to worry about the plague of crickets.

The mutant crickets breeding in the sewers may be a different thing.
Talking of sewers and tunnels , i found a hatch under some carpet in a basement office , boy is there some weird sh1t under old buildings in the city, haven't grow a set big enough to see how far they go yet

fa98f6e0-2596-4f0e-ab23-28ef1549c25b.JPG 1c8c78d8-96e5-49a1-8b07-b8cddae38fb4.JPG 6b54517b-8fb7-4ce0-9ac9-9291c8beafc0.JPG 6b54517b-8fb7-4ce0-9ac9-9291c8beafc0.JPG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey lads,

Anyone interested in representing St Kilda in the BigFooty Chess Competition? I am the only St Kilda poster in it at the moment so I keep getting absorbed into other teams. You would have to play approximately 1 game of chess every two weeks against another BF poster and on the free chess forum Chess.com

It's a fun no pressure competition and a good way meet other BF posters and play against other chess enthusiasts of all levels.Anyone interested let me know here and I'll send you the sign up link. Only need 1 more poster to setup our own team, but the more the merrier and we can share the games out.

Talking of sewers and tunnels , i found a hatch under some carpet in a basement office , boy is there some weird sh1t under old buildings in the city, haven't grow a set big enough to see how far they go yet

View attachment 1916804View attachment 1916805View attachment 1916806View attachment 1916806

Don't do it, illegal and likely dangerous as not maintained by anyone really.

I like space and by association, I like the unknown like deep sea things, so have chatted to some peeps in Melb re the tunnels under Melbourne and some previous tour things going around like back in the 90's. Yeah generally well known that under some buildings you might stumble into a bowling alley under ground, or a bath house, or a tunnel connecting to a tunnel so someone could see their mistress or some such.

Also for consideration, some sites might have aboriginal heritage to it, cause as the years pass and time ages things, dust and dirt could have just covered things for others to build over.

So you would need to be very sure if you go poking around in such areas, as shit could get real legal and real dark and dangerous real quick. I've also a work colleague that cave dives in rando plots around Victoria by essentially diving down holes in the ground, so if they get flooded also, good luck if you aren't prepared and good luck even if you are.

So yeah, don't risk it would be my advice, past Australia was not a nice place.

View attachment 1916804View attachment 1916805View attachment 1916806View attachment 1916806
I always pictured you to be living in a cardboard box underneath a bridge so this fits perfectly. Got a mental image lined up already;

images

This is all too perfect 🥰

Saw a post where literally the only way they could generate a result containing white people was to ask for a family eating fried chicken lmao. Disgusting.

* It also fails to recognise Trump as a previous President ffs. Toddler areas
Same as any other Computing process - shit in = shit out.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back