Mega Thread The "Random" Footy Thoughts Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: The random "footy" thoughts thread

andrew schauble was traded to sydney at the end of 1999,
we received mark kinnear who walked,
i keep reading we also got pick 34 which we used on leon davis,

but if we had picks 1(priority),3(pick 1 of proper draft),18(15 picks later as carlton lost thier pick) in the draft we would have already had 34 as our next pick?

andrew schauble was traded to sydney at the end of 1999,
we received mark kinnear who walked,
i keep reading we also got pick 34 which we used on leon davis,

but if we had picks 1(priority),3(pick 1 of proper draft),18(15 picks later as carlton lost thier pick) in the draft we would have already had 34 as our next pick?
wasnt carlton allowed back in the second round? I dont remember the exact specifics of their sanctions

He was my Supercoach captain last week - scored a miserable 88.

Where and how did the expression "laces out" originate. I know what it means, but why does it mean what it means?:confused:

It's to do with kicking it so well you've made sure the laces of the football are facing out, making it easy for your teammate to mark. Obviously impossible, but implies that the kick was absolutely perfect.

It's to do with kicking it so well you've made sure the laces of the football are facing out, making it easy for your teammate to mark. Obviously impossible, but implies that the kick was absolutely perfect.

Thanks, buzzbuzz. I thought it was to do with your boot-laces.:p Are there still laces on a football?

Had a dream last night that Collingwood won the Grand Final, had a clear picture of Malthouse standing next to Buckley near the interchange bench watching the clock run down, I had an overwhelming feeling that Mick was still head coach.

The weird part was that we were playing Melbourne, Oh and I was watching the game on a huge screen near a train station.

membership pickup?

Hi all,

My cousin purchased one of the 3 game memberships which includes Anzac day reserved seating however it hasn't arrived in the mail. Any idea whether he's able to pick it up at the ground? i tried the membership line however it only seems to be open monday to friday..

Cheers

Re: membership pickup?

Hi all,

My cousin purchased one of the 3 game memberships which includes Anzac day reserved seating however it hasn't arrived in the mail. Any idea whether he's able to pick it up at the ground? i tried the membership line however it only seems to be open monday to friday..

Cheers

Best bet is to go to one of the membership tents outside the ground today (There is at least one outside Southern Stand), they should be able to work it out for you there.:thumbsu:

r16 1998 v hawthorn - help please

guys

i am trying to get hold of a copy of r16 1998 collingwood v hawthorn at vfl park, it was a twilight game and a big win to collingwood, 19.11.125 to 4.14.38

i have tried name a game, but they tell me that they do not have it, so if anyone on here can help me, i will try to come up with a suitable trade.

thank you

Re: r16 1998 v hawthorn - help please

guys

i am trying to get hold of a copy of r16 1998 collingwood v hawthorn at vfl park, it was a twilight game and a big win to collingwood, 19.11.125 to 4.14.38

i have tried name a game, but they tell me that they do not have it, so if anyone on here can help me, i will try to come up with a suitable trade.

thank you
i think i went to that game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: r16 1998 v hawthorn - help please

Imagine how Eddie's wife must feel!

Probably glad to be rid of him. I'd say he'd get a bit stressed at times.

Anyway, did anyone hear the "Harry, Harry, Harry" chant when Harry O went for one of his runs during the game on Sunday?

Tony Shaw Reads BigFooty

I was watched this weeks "AFL TEAMS" and Liam Pickering what Revving up Gary Rohan and the NEXT BIG THING and then Tony Shaw brought up Elijah Edwards up and said how good this kid is. Showed some video of him and just said we have a Future Superstar with Elijah Edwards.

I wonder where he got that from;)

Re: Tony Shaw Reads BigFooty

People, many Pie people, bag Tony Shaw for how he performs in the media.

He tries his best to be unbiased towards us ( take note Walls & Tim Lane) and perhaps sometimes goes the other way.

But let's not forget that he is a premiership captain and Norm Smith medalist for our great club. He has earnt our respect irrespective of what he may or may not say about the club.

I just can't find in my heart to dislike the man.

Re: Tony Shaw Reads BigFooty

I just can't find in my heart to dislike the man.

I love Tony Shaw, but for the life of me can't bring myself to watch anything he is either commentating on or talking on now.

Even when we aren't involved he isn't that good of a commentator, so i just try and ignore everything he does in the media now.

That way I can still remember him for what he truly is, a COLLINGWOOD GREAT.:)

2010 VFL Seniors
Gold Coast 3.3 7.4 8.6 10.9 (69)
Casey Scorpions 3.5 5.9 8.14 10.17 (77)

GOALS:
Gold Coast: Shreeve 2 Stanley 2 Ablett Ah Chee Shaw Iles Dixon Patrick
Casey Scorpions: Miller 3 Petropoulos Johnson Newton Hughes McGough Watts Healey

BEST:
Gold Coast: Stanley Iles MATERA SWALLOW Dixon Ablett
Casey Scorpions: Miller Johnson Cheney McNamara Gysberts McGough

Good to see the Ex Pies doing well

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread The "Random" Footy Thoughts Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back