Mega Thread The "Random" Footy Thoughts Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: The random "footy" thoughts thread

does anyone think the club should make all future captains wear the number 5 after bucks and maxy .... a bit a richmond/jack dyer thing?

I don't think so.
Bucks made it his and not by being Captain. he was happy to pass it to Maxie who coincidentally became Captain.

I'm sure Heater will want to keep his current number if he were made Captain as would most of the players.

When it comes to Captaincy a number means nothing.

In a pointed statement, Carlton small forward Eddie Betts pointed out that his job was to get the ball from one point to another point.
"At some point supporters are going to point at every player, but I think the point is I never got kicked out of Wrest Point" Betts said.
Asked if he thought there was a point where he felt he may have out-pointed his detractors he said "I don't see the point in pointing that out. The point is that such discussion is pointless."
Asked to comment on Betts' point Carlton Coach Brett Ratten declined to comment saying any attempt to comprehend it was pointless.

In a pointed statement, Carlton small forward Eddie Betts pointed out that his job was to get the ball from one point to another point.
"At some point supporters are going to point at every player, but I think the point is I never got kicked out of Wrest Point" Betts said.
Asked if he thought there was a point where he felt he may have out-pointed his detractors he said "I don't see the point in pointing that out. The point is that such discussion is pointless."
Asked to comment on Betts' point Carlton Coach Brett Ratten declined to comment saying any attempt to comprehend it was pointless.

some interesting points there..

Re: Membership Question - can I get one today?

Hi all,

I don't have my 2010 Pies membership yet, can I buy one at the ground today?
You may be able to pay for the membership today at the Club, but I doubt you'll get it processed until Tuesday at best. They may give you a barcode for today's game, possibly but I would not count on it.

Re: Membership Question - can I get one today?

I'm pretty sure that if you buy one today you will get a temporay card and a members pack (hat, stickers etc), but you won't get your actual or "proper" card for a few days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love the Collingwood Football Club.

me too, they can make me stop breathing and have my heart racing within the space of milliseconds

Clearances really count, don't they? Felt sorry for Hawthorn today, with their problems in the ruck and the gross finger incident. Jolly to have a big one this week.:thumbsu:
That was our biggest f***up against demons. lucky we played a shit side. we need to improve on this.

I read here that Daicos once kicked 13 goals. Would that be possible these days? What's the most anyone has kicked over the past 3 years?
J.Brown kicked 10 vs Carlton in 2007.

Fevola kicked 9 vs Richmond in 2009.

Buddy kicked 9 vs Essendon in 2008.

So, Daicos>>>all of them.:p

Whats the most anyones kick in one game from their junior days onwards?

i kicked 6 last year in u18s :)

Lol, good question!

I kicked 5 goals in a half playing CHF when I was in year 7. But then the coach played me at FB in the third quarter and on the bench the whole last quarter to give others a go!:mad::p

I'm hoping someone here has had an absolute day out? Like 8+ goals or something?

I read here that Daicos once kicked 13 goals. Would that be possible these days? What's the most anyone has kicked over the past 3 years?

I was there... 1991/92 i think, Carrara??? He apologized to John Gastev after Daics got tackled and slung to the ground and Daics just dropped the ball and swung his foot towards it as he was getting polaxed in a tackle... straight through! That guy just knew where the big sticks were:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread The "Random" Footy Thoughts Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back