Event The S35 SFA Players Association MVP - The Beez - Trophy

Remove this Banner Ad

3rd - 1260 votes - Hate (DEM)
Beez35 3.png
Season Highlights:
- Watch this space :eyes:

By Headless

League darling and crowd favourite Hate again treated Sweet to a season of posting excellence. After finishing a career-high 2nd in Season 34, Hate only reinforced their contribution to the league this season, notching up another top-five finish in the Sweet FA Players' Association MVP - beez Trophy.

In Season 35, Hate was once again a match thread mainstay, averaging more than 35 posts per match thread of pure wit, qooty lore, and Sweet-related banter. Hate is truly an asset to each and every match thread - even those that only feature a Hate OP. Of course, Hate once again stepped up to the plate in that regard this season, putting together match thread OPs such as this one at short notice.

Although we didn't see quite as much Hate investigative journalism this season - probably because it tends to be consistently under-appreciated by voters :cautiousv1: - Hate still made a mark on the media landscape (see here), and was looking out for the community in true Hate style (see here). Hate also kept us entertained with running updates on okeydoke7's progress toward the 1,000 goal milestone on Sweet FA+.

Sweet FA+, of course, continued to develop through Season 35, with many new updates and features. It remains, in my correct view, the single biggest contribution to this community since Mobbs actually created the place. Being able to casually peruse the resource and find what you're looking for (amongst many other interesting rabbit holes) is such a huge convenience. It's easy to forget what life in Sweet was like before Sweet FA+ existed, but we shouldn't forget how much value Hate has provided this place time and time again.

Congratulations, Hate, on yet another spectacular season contributing to the fabric of the Sweet FA. Here's hoping the voting public votes properly next season to suitably reward your efforts. :thumbsupv1:

Content:

View attachment 1725714

[waits for NaturalDisaster to shut the hell up about season 23 already]

Greetings everyone, trust you’re enjoying the evening. Well allow me to fix that, as we now turn our attention to one of the more awkward moments of beez night. That’s right punters, it’s the seventh running of the Le Grille-gym4life Award.

Far from being a steroid-filled French BBQ, the Le Grille-gym4life Award is something that NaturalDisaster conceived in a fever dream back in season 27 by recognising the desperate and dateless among us. If you’ve ever been the last one picked in a schoolyard team despite saying “Pick me! I’m over here!” over and over again to the team captains, then this award will hit close to home.

As the eligibility criteria more accurately states, it's the award for people to both have a match thread posting average at least 25 per week and have received zero points from the beez voting community. It's named after two SFA posters of yore who were experts at talking into the void – Le Grille who went voteless in season 23 despite averaging more than 100 posts a week and gym4life who had zero votes in season 26 despite having an active season.

The inaugural winner was cooney in season 27, nobody was eligible in season 28, nobody gave a crap about it in season 29, Matt_352 won in season 30, Cap saluted in season 31, season 32 was all about Rioli8217, Gumby time travelling feline CatToTheFuture took home the chocolates in season 33 and Soggy2112 saluted the judges last season.

This is all well and good, but surely there's something in it for the winners apart from niche online infamy? Well sure there is, it wouldn't be a shonky online award without a shonky online trophy. And the winner of the Le Grille-gym4life Award picks up an absolute doozy - The Golden Shittruck!

Four people met the eligibility criteria this season which is up one from last season but well short of the nine a couple of seasons previous. Before I get to them though I’ll give a shout out to the five people that in many ways represents the next generation of sh*tposters. Landing between the arbitrarily-positioned active poster threshold of 20 posts per week and the equally arbitrarily-positioned eligibility entry point for this here award were three rookies and two not so rookies - SaintsSeptember (23.69), Power Raid (23.25), Cubs2Lions (22.88), rappin’ RonnieRaven (20.88) and @kennyswarriors (20.56). Well done, looking forward to seeing what you bring next season.

Now to the podium. In moral third place but actual fourth place on 27.19 posts per week is the Bob Dylanesqe medieval troubadour from Las Vegas in Electronic_Renaissance.

Third place in actuality goes to someone who had the good sense to exit stage right before the horrors of a premiership befell them, it’s Old Boy Over The Post with 27.62 PPW. Saying that though, third place is daylight as the top two were north of 50 PPW.

In second place - some would say the first loser but there's no actual winners here let's be honest – is another Bear who is no stranger to copping the wrong end of the stick given he’s a former Big Spoon winner for most free kicks conceded in a season, it’s the minimally-named Cap on 52.94 PPW. Close but no shittruck.

And so to the winner. With 54.81 unrequited posts per week and hailing from the leadership group of the Baghdad Bombers, the season 35 Le Grille-gym4life Award is none other than kickthething! Mazel tov buddy, here's your miniature novelty Golden Shittruck trophy!

View attachment 1725715
Finally! An award worth winning.

So proud of you kickthething

Hey! I only get you the rights for this for my admin reign! not for you to run keep it for yourself!

(Thanks though, I had completely forgotten. Oh and Le Grille would have won this in S23)
1688119823704.png

View attachment 1725714

[waits for NaturalDisaster to shut the hell up about season 23 already]

Greetings everyone, trust you’re enjoying the evening. Well allow me to fix that, as we now turn our attention to one of the more awkward moments of beez night. That’s right punters, it’s the seventh running of the Le Grille-gym4life Award.

Far from being a steroid-filled French BBQ, the Le Grille-gym4life Award is something that NaturalDisaster conceived in a fever dream back in season 27 by recognising the desperate and dateless among us. If you’ve ever been the last one picked in a schoolyard team despite saying “Pick me! I’m over here!” over and over again to the team captains, then this award will hit close to home.

As the eligibility criteria more accurately states, it's the award for people to both have a match thread posting average at least 25 per week and have received zero points from the beez voting community. It's named after two SFA posters of yore who were experts at talking into the void – Le Grille who went voteless in season 23 despite averaging more than 100 posts a week and gym4life who had zero votes in season 26 despite having an active season.

The inaugural winner was cooney in season 27, nobody was eligible in season 28, nobody gave a crap about it in season 29, Matt_352 won in season 30, Cap saluted in season 31, season 32 was all about Rioli8217, Gumby time travelling feline CatToTheFuture took home the chocolates in season 33 and Soggy2112 saluted the judges last season.

This is all well and good, but surely there's something in it for the winners apart from niche online infamy? Well sure there is, it wouldn't be a shonky online award without a shonky online trophy. And the winner of the Le Grille-gym4life Award picks up an absolute doozy - The Golden Shittruck!

Four people met the eligibility criteria this season which is up one from last season but well short of the nine a couple of seasons previous. Before I get to them though I’ll give a shout out to the five people that in many ways represents the next generation of sh*tposters. Landing between the arbitrarily-positioned active poster threshold of 20 posts per week and the equally arbitrarily-positioned eligibility entry point for this here award were three rookies and two not so rookies - SaintsSeptember (23.69), Power Raid (23.25), Cubs2Lions (22.88), rappin’ RonnieRaven (20.88) and @kennyswarriors (20.56). Well done, looking forward to seeing what you bring next season.

Now to the podium. In moral third place but actual fourth place on 27.19 posts per week is the Bob Dylanesqe medieval troubadour from Las Vegas in Electronic_Renaissance.

Third place in actuality goes to someone who had the good sense to exit stage right before the horrors of a premiership befell them, it’s Old Boy Over The Post with 27.62 PPW. Saying that though, third place is daylight as the top two were north of 50 PPW.

In second place - some would say the first loser but there's no actual winners here let's be honest – is another Bear who is no stranger to copping the wrong end of the stick given he’s a former Big Spoon winner for most free kicks conceded in a season, it’s the minimally-named Cap on 52.94 PPW. Close but no shittruck.

And so to the winner. With 54.81 unrequited posts per week and hailing from the leadership group of the Baghdad Bombers, the season 35 Le Grille-gym4life Award is none other than kickthething! Mazel tov buddy, here's your miniature novelty Golden Shittruck trophy!

View attachment 1725715
Baghdad nearly escaped with nothing, **** you kickthething !

Season Highlights:
- Watch this space :eyes:

By Headless

League darling and crowd favourite Hate again treated Sweet to a season of posting excellence. After finishing a career-high 2nd in Season 34, Hate only reinforced their contribution to the league this season, notching up another top-five finish in the Sweet FA Players' Association MVP - beez Trophy.

In Season 35, Hate was once again a match thread mainstay, averaging more than 35 posts per match thread of pure wit, qooty lore, and Sweet-related banter. Hate is truly an asset to each and every match thread - even those that only feature a Hate OP. Of course, Hate once again stepped up to the plate in that regard this season, putting together match thread OPs such as this one at short notice.

Although we didn't see quite as much Hate investigative journalism this season - probably because it tends to be consistently under-appreciated by voters :cautiousv1: - Hate still made a mark on the media landscape (see here), and was looking out for the community in true Hate style (see here). Hate also kept us entertained with running updates on okeydoke7's progress toward the 1,000 goal milestone on Sweet FA+.

Sweet FA+, of course, continued to develop through Season 35, with many new updates and features. It remains, in my correct view, the single biggest contribution to this community since Mobbs actually created the place. Being able to casually peruse the resource and find what you're looking for (amongst many other interesting rabbit holes) is such a huge convenience. It's easy to forget what life in Sweet was like before Sweet FA+ existed, but we shouldn't forget how much value Hate has provided this place time and time again.

Congratulations, Hate, on yet another spectacular season contributing to the fabric of the Sweet FA. Here's hoping the voting public votes properly next season to suitably reward your efforts. :thumbsupv1:

Content:
Literally when will people learn?

2nd - 1305 votes - Tigerturbulance (OOB)
Beez35 2.png
Season Highlights:
  • brought in a team, more premierships than the Coney Island Warriors in just the second season
  • SFAEW Tag Team Champions with Mrs Turbo
  • Pranked everyone with a fake merger
By Elton Johns Wig

What can you say about Tigerturbulance that hasn't already been said? Turbo is an absolute Sweet FA dynamo, and has been for many, many seasons now. A former winner of the beez (S30), Turbo's consistency is a marvel. Two top 5 finishes, a top 10, and 2 top 20 finishes, and here we are yet again.

There is not an area that can be described as a weak spot in Turbos game.

An outstanding match thread poster with a vociferous style, Turbo will hold his ground in a banter battle as well as anyone, giving as good as he gets, yet he also has a fine understanding of where the invisible line is that you just shouldn't cross. He consistently does a great job of marshalling the troops and engaging the whole club on a weekly basis, and OOBs match threads are better as a result of his ongoing work.

Of course a big part of Turbos visibility in particularly these last two seasons has been in the establishment of the Ophidian Old Boys FFC as the expansion team. And whether you're for or against expansion, I think we can all agree he's done a sterling job there in terms of brand, visibility and lore creation. We know what the OOBS stand for, and no one quite encapsulates an OOB like Turbo.

Turbo has again been a powerful media presence this season with the much loved Turbos Hot Seat again featuring prominently. It's a little known fact that Turbos podcast career nearly stalled before it started, but it was only the technical intervention of Mrs Turbo that ensured the series got off the ground back then (I heard it, believe me). Also, his shoop and gif work is excellent, if not endearingly a little rustic.

Another outstanding season from the consistently excellent Turbo, I'm sure it's far from the last, he shows no signs of slowing down. Well done Turbo, again.

Content:
A shit tonne - see below

The quoted posting stats in the award are highly dubious. Nevertheless, well done. o_O
Hang on, let me double check the maths...

* maths checking noises *

Nah they're good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Membling should have been 6th in the beez

Blah blah blah
I Love It Idea GIF by CBS
Nbc I Concur GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

1st - 1339 votes - Tonga Bob (CIW)
Beez35 1.png
Season Highlights:
  • actual cannibal Tonga Bob
  • minor premiership captain

By TheInjuryFactory

Having joined the competition in S29 as a first year phenom, Tonga Bob made an immediate impact on the league enjoying an outstanding debut season that saw him earn universal acclaim despite being unduly robbed of an EKA in one of history's great inexplicable mysteries.

But ultimately he who laughs last, laughs loudest. Cue the Lucas Leiva.

The beauty of Tonga Bob is that he perfectly combines his razor sharp wit with a remarkable flair for prose, his media whilst popular and well engaged often goes underappreciated due to the sheer brilliance of his command of the Sweet FA vernacular and rainman-esque grasp of popular culture references too often going over the head of the average Sweet FA punter and yet they love him for it anyway.

From his Bob's Stats - Free Kick Table to the (shockingly named) McInnes Prize, to his highly coveted milestone threads adoringly celebrating his club's players, when Bob produces, you can guarantee it's of the highest quality and rivals the very best media producers in the game.

Having led a powerhouse Coney Island side packed with some of qooty's biggest names to an historic minor premiership in Season 35,, Bob has consistently led from the front for his Warriors since assuming the captaincy in S34, with his Know Your Opponents segment a highlight for Wazzas and opposition alike this season, showcasing the very best that Bob has to offer.

It was only a matter of time before Bob reached the lofty heights he has always promised to reach, having finished in the top 5 of the beez Trophy on 3 previous occasions from his just 6 seasons in the competition. In fact, he's never finished lower than 11th in the beez... a mark of his quality and consistency.

So please, charge your glasses to some 'champagne' qootying by our mate and Season 35 beez Trophy winner, Bob from Tonga.

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

Content:

Full Votes
Full Votes Season 35:

PLAYERTEAMVOTESRank
Tonga BobCIW13391
TigerturbulanceOOB13052
HateDEM12603
TheInjuryFactoryCIW12564
FalconistaGUM10845
CadskyGCR8386
HeadlessDEM8157
WoshDEM7848
Kennedy ParkerSCS7389
BrokenLVB62710
damickyWON61811
philreichSCS58812
tonyLVB49113
FootyGuy13CIW48814
Grand Uncle HoraceWON47315
GWS GooseGUM46916
DingsterLVB44617
James ColoradoFUR40918
RobertioOOB40619
nahnahGCR40220
BLUEALLTHRUBOM38421
manangatangDEM38122
BonzOOB38023
thewizardmelonPHX35124
okeydoke7SCS34325
omgfridgeFUR32726
por_please_yaPHX30127
LigmaOOB29528
MWPPLVB28329
The Filth WizardCIW28130
MobbsOOB27431
TedDougChrisROY27132
Elton Johns WigOOB27033
serial_thrillaDRA26234
Sun RaBOM25035
JoshWoodenSpoonLVB24336
PugsleyBOM21737
PhenomenalV1DRA21438
KilroyBOM20539
pantskyleCIW19740
spudmasterCIW17641
NaturalDisasterFUR17442
sausagerollDEM16443
T2B_DRA15944
DinsdaleCIW14145
ClarkeMWON14046
hotchilliGCR13647
GreeneryOOB13148
ZevonROY12449
Jabba73BOM12449
BarrybranGUM11951
GreyCrowGCR11652
The MajesticPHX10853
DragoDelphDRA10354
santeDEM10155
gab213BOM10155
BrakletOOB10057
StrigoiDRA9958
HARPSichordWON9759
MP_PHX8860
Mrs TurboOOB7561
ShaunDugganFUR7362
MemblingGCR7362
SarahSmilesGCR7164
Pie 4 LifeDRA6765
Callums_GunsDEM6666
jackster83SCS5567
Frederico_WAFUR5567
U2TigersOOB4969
MoochROY4969
UlahoopskiGCR4871
grumblegutsGCR4871
Smartys PowerGCR4773
ArdentEagleBOM4474
CursingFijianCIW4474
PickittFUR4376
Tarkyn_24DEM4277
DenieDGUM4277
Senor MLVB4277
KohPhiBOM4080
VeinGloriousBOM4080
tigs2010ROY3882
CakeEaterGCR3783
beezGUM3684
krakouersGCR3385
JustaBattlerBOM3286
DERRINALPHILROY3286
MrPremiershipGCR2988
snozuluBOM2789
ChiefDRA2789
Ljp86DRA2591
JyeDyeFUR2591
RaveneyesCIW2193
Elmer_JuddROY2193
lomasGCR2193
GravSCS2096
brahjGCR2096
Kapow!!!GCR1998
SupersunsLVB1799
Rodney DangerfieldGUM15100
MemphisGCR15100
JT_the_ManWON15100
kananooksOOB14103
DazjackBOM13104
Millky95LVB13104
PMBangersDEM12106
Aristotle PickettROY11107
Brenton DavyWON11107
dogs105WON9109
Frothies McveighWON7110
GolumlessGCR7110
NinjaSwanWON7110
Agent93CIW7110
MayTheNorthBeWithUWON6114
The JesusOOB5115
BlackyGCR5115
SMWON5115
Van_DykeDEM5115
AnUltimateRessieWON4119
BovoFUR4119
SBYMCIW3121
RunkROY3121
SaintBillyOOB3121
GrinLVB1124
Matera92LVB1124
I Dont CareLVB1124
spookismSCS1124

Season Highlights:
- Waking up, looking in the mirror and remembering he is TheInjuryFactory

By manangatang (and a little bit by me)

TheInjuryFactory even in self-proclaimed 'semi-retirement' is polling more votes in a single season than most would see in an entire SFA career. He breezes past Kennedy Parker into second place on the all-time Beez total votes tally.

What do you call a guy who delivers consistently excellent standards of media content and posting across a long range of consecutive seasons? A guy who brings these standards to his match thread posting as well?

A guy who shares his skillset of visual design and media content ideas to other posters in the league, in the hope of lifting quality standards for the enjoyment of all?

Well, around these parts, we call such a person TheInjuryFactory.

His well-deserved fourth-place finish in Season 35 comes off the back of a number of engaging media threads, including his Power Rankings, Three Things I Learnt This Week (S35 edition) and his self-fluffing TheMediaFactory thread.

He’s a treasure around these parts and we look forward to the next chapter of TiF ‘house of media’ content in seasons ahead. Congratulations!

Content:
Couple of legends on the tools here, thank you Kennedy Parker & manangatang :praying:

Would have been 12th in S23.

because he is BC!

TTC.png
Second most votes of all time is some achievement, TheInjuryFactory. Brilliant as always.
To the font chat!! 😍

YEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW BOSSMAN!!!!!!

sidetalk-sidetalknyc.gif

Zkxvzvt.gif

TheInjuryFactory is another poster that over time I’ve really got to like. Well done mate!
Thank you sir. We've come a long way. :thumbsu:

Full Votes Season 35:

PLAYERTEAMVOTESRank
Tonga BobCIW13391
TigerturbulanceOOB13052
HateDEM12603
TheInjuryFactoryCIW12564
FalconistaGUM10845
CadskyGCR8386
HeadlessDEM8157
WoshDEM7848
Kennedy ParkerSCS7389
BrokenLVB62710
damickyWON61811
philreichSCS58812
tonyLVB49113
FootyGuy13CIW48814
Grand Uncle HoraceWON47315
GWS GooseGUM46916
DingsterLVB44617
James ColoradoFUR40918
RobertioOOB40619
nahnahGCR40220
BLUEALLTHRUBOM38421
manangatangDEM38122
BonzOOB38023
thewizardmelonPHX35124
okeydoke7SCS34325
omgfridgeFUR32726
por_please_yaPHX30127
LigmaOOB29528
MWPPLVB28329
The Filth WizardCIW28130
MobbsOOB27431
TedDougChrisROY27132
Elton Johns WigOOB27033
serial_thrillaDRA26234
Sun RaBOM25035
JoshWoodenSpoonLVB24336
PugsleyBOM21737
PhenomenalV1DRA21438
KilroyBOM20539
pantskyleCIW19740
spudmasterCIW17641
NaturalDisasterFUR17442
sausagerollDEM16443
T2B_DRA15944
DinsdaleCIW14145
ClarkeMWON14046
hotchilliGCR13647
GreeneryOOB13148
ZevonROY12449
Jabba73BOM12449
BarrybranGUM11951
GreyCrowGCR11652
The MajesticPHX10853
DragoDelphDRA10354
santeDEM10155
gab213BOM10155
BrakletOOB10057
StrigoiDRA9958
HARPSichordWON9759
MP_PHX8860
Mrs TurboOOB7561
ShaunDugganFUR7362
MemblingGCR7362
SarahSmilesGCR7164
Pie 4 LifeDRA6765
Callums_GunsDEM6666
jackster83SCS5567
Frederico_WAFUR5567
U2TigersOOB4969
MoochROY4969
UlahoopskiGCR4871
grumblegutsGCR4871
Smartys PowerGCR4773
ArdentEagleBOM4474
CursingFijianCIW4474
PickittFUR4376
Tarkyn_24DEM4277
DenieDGUM4277
Senor MLVB4277
KohPhiBOM4080
VeinGloriousBOM4080
tigs2010ROY3882
CakeEaterGCR3783
beezGUM3684
krakouersGCR3385
JustaBattlerBOM3286
DERRINALPHILROY3286
MrPremiershipGCR2988
snozuluBOM2789
ChiefDRA2789
Ljp86DRA2591
JyeDyeFUR2591
RaveneyesCIW2193
Elmer_JuddROY2193
lomasGCR2193
GravSCS2096
brahjGCR2096
Kapow!!!GCR1998
SupersunsLVB1799
Rodney DangerfieldGUM15100
MemphisGCR15100
JT_the_ManWON15100
kananooksOOB14103
DazjackBOM13104
Millky95LVB13104
PMBangersDEM12106
Aristotle PickettROY11107
Brenton DavyWON11107
dogs105WON9109
Frothies McveighWON7110
GolumlessGCR7110
NinjaSwanWON7110
Agent93CIW7110
MayTheNorthBeWithUWON6114
The JesusOOB5115
BlackyGCR5115
SMWON5115
Van_DykeDEM5115
AnUltimateRessieWON4119
BovoFUR4119
SBYMCIW3121
RunkROY3121
SaintBillyOOB3121
GrinLVB1124
Matera92LVB1124
I Dont CareLVB1124
spookismSCS1124

Some super bizzare voting here.

As I predicted in S23, Blacky wouldn't even get 10 votes in S35, how did he even get a vote?

Onya Tonga Bob, who said good guys can't come first!?!

Thanks for a fun night Kennedy Parker and all those who contributed with graphics, write ups and comments.

Remove this Banner Ad

Event The S35 SFA Players Association MVP - The Beez - Trophy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back