Event The S35 SFA Players Association MVP - The Beez - Trophy

Remove this Banner Ad

5th - 1084 votes - Falconista (GUM)
Beez35 5.png

Season Highlights:
  • lawyered his way out of a suspension due to a timezone technicality to start the season
  • captain of the LIGHT side in The Decider III

By Jabba73

Falconista comes in the top 5 with 1084 votes, he took over as co-captain of the Gumbies at the start of his third SFA season and has improved on every statistic except marks ... where he has managed to avoid troubling the scorekeeper in any game.

His first act as captain was to invoke the wrath of the Admin by failing to follow the clearly mandated guidelines for submitting the Gumbies Squad, a mere one minute after the deadline (AEDST). In a masterstroke worthy of a seasoned committee veteran, Falconista not only used his flexibility to beat the charge, he forced a change in how deadlines are administered. Thus, a legend was born.

As co-captain he has provided some much needed credibility to a club that has been lacking a backbone for its entire existence, taking on all comers and those wanting to stick the boots into what they thought was a soft target. Well, not on his watch. Much like his career win/loss ratio, Falconista is very even, not much ruffles his feathers. His forays into the SFA media landscape are not limited to his work on match thread OPs, they also include informative threads for rookies and analysis of statistics.

It seems Falconista is making his mark on the SFA.

Content:

I should melt
Bloody oath you should. But first read the following quote:

"Wait until the rest have been announced in case any of them are good." - Azif.

Season Highlights:
  • lawyered his way out of a suspension due to a timezone technicality to start the season

By Jabba73

Falconista comes in the top 5 with 1084 votes, he took over as co-captain of the Gumbies at the start of his third SFA season and has improved on every statistic except marks ... where he has managed to avoid troubling the scorekeeper in any game.

His first act as captain was to invoke the wrath of the Admin by failing to follow the clearly mandated guidelines for submitting the Gumbies Squad, a mere one minute after the deadline (AEDST). In a masterstroke worthy of a seasoned committee veteran, Falconista not only used his flexibility to beat the charge, he forced a change in how deadlines are administered. Thus, a legend was born.

As co-captain he has provided some much needed credibility to a club that has been lacking a backbone for its entire existence, taking on all comers and those wanting to stick the boots into what they thought was a soft target. Well, not on his watch. Much like his career win/loss ratio, Falconista is very even, not much ruffles his feathers. His forays into the SFA media landscape are not limited to his work on match thread OPs, they also include informative threads for rookies and analysis of statistics.

Content:

He is no Barrybran

Season Highlights:

By Jabba73

Content:
only 5th?
disappointed come on GIF

4th - 1256 votes - TheInjuryFactory (CIW)
Beez35 4.png
Season Highlights:
- Waking up, looking in the mirror and remembering he is TheInjuryFactory

By manangatang (and a little bit by me)

TheInjuryFactory even in self-proclaimed 'semi-retirement' is polling more votes in a single season than most would see in an entire SFA career. He breezes past Kennedy Parker into second place on the all-time Beez total votes tally.

What do you call a guy who delivers consistently excellent standards of media content and posting across a long range of consecutive seasons? A guy who brings these standards to his match thread posting as well?

A guy who shares his skillset of visual design and media content ideas to other posters in the league, in the hope of lifting quality standards for the enjoyment of all?

Well, around these parts, we call such a person TheInjuryFactory.

His well-deserved fourth-place finish in Season 35 comes off the back of a number of engaging media threads, including his Power Rankings, Three Things I Learnt This Week (S35 edition) and his self-fluffing TheMediaFactory thread.

He’s a treasure around these parts and we look forward to the next chapter of TiF ‘house of media’ content in seasons ahead. Congratulations!

Content:

Season Highlights:

TheInjuryFactory even in self-proclaimed 'semi-retirement' is polling more votes in a single season than most would see in an entire SFA career. He breezes past Kennedy Parker into second place on the all-time Beez total votes tally.

What do you call a guy who delivers consistently excellent standards of media content and posting across a long range of consecutive seasons? A guy who brings these standards to his match thread posting as well?

A guy who shares his skillset of visual design and media content ideas to other posters in the league, in the hope of lifting quality standards for the enjoyment of all?

His well-deserved fourth-place finish in Season 35 comes off the back of a number of engaging media threads, including his Power Rankings, Three Things I Learnt This Week (S35 edition) and his self-fluffing TheMediaFactory thread.

He’s a treasure around these parts and we look forward to the next chapter of TiF ‘house of media’ content in seasons ahead. Congratulations!

Content:

Would have been 12th in S23.

because he is BC!

Season Highlights:

Content:
YEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW BOSSMAN!!!!!!

sidetalk-sidetalknyc.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1688119267371.png

[waits for NaturalDisaster to shut the hell up about season 23 already]

Greetings everyone, trust you’re enjoying the evening. Well allow me to fix that, as we now turn our attention to one of the more awkward moments of beez night. That’s right punters, it’s the seventh running of the Le Grille-gym4life Award.

Far from being a steroid-filled French BBQ, the Le Grille-gym4life Award is something that NaturalDisaster conceived in a fever dream back in season 27 by recognising the desperate and dateless among us. If you’ve ever been the last one picked in a schoolyard team despite saying “Pick me! I’m over here!” over and over again to the team captains, then this award will hit close to home.

As the eligibility criteria more accurately states, it's the award for people to both have a match thread posting average at least 25 per week and have received zero points from the beez voting community. It's named after two SFA posters of yore who were experts at talking into the void – Le Grille who went voteless in season 23 despite averaging more than 100 posts a week and gym4life who had zero votes in season 26 despite having an active season.

The inaugural winner was cooney in season 27, nobody was eligible in season 28, nobody gave a crap about it in season 29, Matt_352 won in season 30, Cap saluted in season 31, season 32 was all about Rioli8217, Gumby time travelling feline CatToTheFuture took home the chocolates in season 33 and Soggy2112 saluted the judges last season.

This is all well and good, but surely there's something in it for the winners apart from niche online infamy? Well sure there is, it wouldn't be a shonky online award without a shonky online trophy. And the winner of the Le Grille-gym4life Award picks up an absolute doozy - The Golden Shittruck!

Four people met the eligibility criteria this season which is up one from last season but well short of the nine a couple of seasons previous. Before I get to them though I’ll give a shout out to the five people that in many ways represents the next generation of sh*tposters. Landing between the arbitrarily-positioned active poster threshold of 20 posts per week and the equally arbitrarily-positioned eligibility entry point for this here award were three rookies and two not so rookies - SaintsSeptember (23.69), Power Raid (23.25), Cubs2Lions (22.88), rappin’ RonnieRaven (20.88) and @kennyswarriors (20.56). Well done, looking forward to seeing what you bring next season.

Now to the podium. In moral third place but actual fourth place on 27.19 posts per week is the Bob Dylanesqe medieval troubadour from Las Vegas in Electronic_Renaissance.

Third place in actuality goes to someone who had the good sense to exit stage right before the horrors of a premiership befell them, it’s Old Boy Over The Post with 27.62 PPW. Saying that though, third place is daylight as the top two were north of 50 PPW.

In second place - some would say the first loser but there's no actual winners here let's be honest – is another Bear who is no stranger to copping the wrong end of the stick given he’s a former Big Spoon winner for most free kicks conceded in a season, it’s the minimally-named Cap on 52.94 PPW. Close but no shittruck.

And so to the winner. With 54.81 unrequited posts per week and hailing from the leadership group of the Baghdad Bombers, the season 35 Le Grille-gym4life Award is none other than kickthething! Mazel tov buddy, here's your miniature novelty Golden Shittruck trophy!

1688119354709.png

View attachment 1725714

Greetings everyone, trust you’re enjoying the evening. Well allow me to fix that, as we now turn our attention to one of the more awkward moments of beez night. That’s right punters, it’s the seventh running of the Le Grille-gym4life Award.

Far from being a steroid-filled French BBQ, the Le Grille-gym4life Award is something that NaturalDisaster conceived in a fever dream back in season 27 by recognising the desperate and dateless among us. If you’ve ever been the last one picked in a schoolyard team despite saying “Pick me! I’m over here!” over and over again to the team captains, then this award will hit close to home.

As the eligibility criteria more accurately states, it's the award for people to both have a match thread posting average at least 25 per week and have received zero points from the beez voting community. It's named after two SFA posters of yore who were experts at talking into the void – Le Grille who went voteless in season 23 despite averaging more than 100 posts a week and gym4life who had zero votes in season 26 despite having an active season.

The inaugural winner was cooney in season 27, nobody was eligible in season 28, nobody gave a crap about it in season 29, Matt_352 won in season 30, Cap saluted in season 31, season 32 was all about Rioli8217, Gumby time travelling feline CatToTheFuture took home the chocolates in season 33 and Soggy2112 saluted the judges last season.

This is all well and good, but surely there's something in it for the winners apart from niche online infamy? Well sure there is, it wouldn't be a shonky online award without a shonky online trophy. And the winner of the Le Grille-gym4life Award picks up an absolute doozy - The Golden Shittruck!

Four people met the eligibility criteria this season which is up one from last season but well short of the nine a couple of seasons previous. Before I get to them though I’ll give a shout out to the five people that in many ways represents the next generation of sh*tposters. Landing between the arbitrarily-positioned active poster threshold of 20 posts per week and the equally arbitrarily-positioned eligibility entry point for this here award were three rookies and two not so rookies - SaintsSeptember (23.69), Power Raid (23.25), Cubs2Lions (22.88), rappin’ RonnieRaven (20.88) and @kennyswarriors (20.56). Well done, looking forward to seeing what you bring next season.

Now to the podium. In moral third place but actual fourth place on 27.19 posts per week is the Bob Dylanesqe medieval troubadour from Las Vegas in Electronic_Renaissance.

Third place in actuality goes to someone who had the good sense to exit stage right before the horrors of a premiership befell them, it’s Old Boy Over The Post with 27.62 PPW. Saying that though, third place is daylight as the top two were north of 50 PPW.

In second place - some would say the first loser but there's no actual winners here let's be honest – is another Bear who is no stranger to copping the wrong end of the stick given he’s a former Big Spoon winner for most free kicks conceded in a season, it’s the minimally-named Cap on 52.94 PPW. Close but no shittruck.

And so to the winner. With 54.81 unrequited posts per week and hailing from the leadership group of the Baghdad Bombers, the season 35 Le Grille-gym4life Award is none other than kickthething! Mazel tov buddy, here's your miniature novelty Golden Shittruck trophy!

View attachment 1725715
So harsh after single-handedly saving the Bombers from being deregistered.

View attachment 1725714

View attachment 1725715

Hey! I only get you the rights for this for my admin reign! not for you to run keep it for yourself!

(Thanks though, I had completely forgotten. Oh and Le Grille would have won this in S23)

View attachment 1725714

View attachment 1725715
Damn, that means that some idiot voted for me.

Congrats on winning the award I coveted most kickthething!

View attachment 1725714

View attachment 1725715

Bad luck, HARPS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back