The SEN Thread 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to get a couple things off my chest. Whoever was singing Ernie Sigley's praises you need your head read.:eek: He gets the worst ratings on AW and his interviews are awful. Never listens to the answers and repeats the same question or just talks over his guests. Herald Sun did a story on how bad Ernie is cause they were getting record number of letters complaining about him. He has no credentials to do a show either, at least hinch and mitchell were journos at one time.

Heres the article
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22972327-5006123,00.html
EGOTISTICAL, annoying, full of himself and a big-noter. These are just some of the comments irritated readers have made about 3AW afternoon radio warbler Ernie Sigley.
The trickle of barbs has become a torrent lately, listeners venting their frustration at Sigley's perceived lack of interest in his own show and contempt for his audience.

AW has really dropped the ball in the summer with their sports programming, i tuned in today after on the rise finished and heard rowan connolly hosting with todd woodbridge, it was really awful stuff. Felt sorry for Todd cause connolly just couldn't host and his voice is so awful that even if he had something interesting to say you wouldn't want to listen. Switched back to SEN after 5 mins.

If only it was.

Yesterday during Mark Dorans show with Rota and Harf, although Harf wasn't there Ben someone was his replacement. The three were discussing Harfs nickname and the self indulgent BS was boring me so I switched to 3AW and Ernie for the 7th wicket I think as soon it the guy was out. I went back to SEN and it them another 5 minutes before they thought they would bother sharing that news with the listeners. This is what I mean by Unprofessionalism, they prefer to talk to themselves instead of us the Listeners. Yet they claim to be a talk back station.... Doran was also talking to someone, I can't think of his name. Mark sounded like a kid talking to his hero, he didn't ask for calls nothing, and the guy was in the studio. I know this because he took one call live but seriously, either no-one bothers calling his show or.... he arrogantly decides who can talk to his guests.

Something 3AW does better, 100% better!

talkback is good when the caller knows what he's on about but when you get feral after feral ringing up and talking rubbish i much prefer the hosts talking amongst themselves

its not self indulgent either its just quality banter and very few shows on sen are able to have it, morning glory go way over the top with it imo but i think the spotlight boys and casual fridays are examples of when it works well

Quite surprised a few people are cutting up rough about SEN not doing live crosses to the Hewitt vs Bahgdatis match. IT was live on another station and on FTA TV. OWAAT is 6 hour show and when it finished at 1 am i was quite happy to head home and watch the remainder of the match on telly.

I figure if poeple were wanting live coverage of the game they would have been watching at home or if they only had access to the radio listen to 3LO.

I was the one who posted first here about the fact that SEN finished up and then went to replays while the Hewitt match was on.
You say " I was quite happy after 6 Hour show and others could have heard it on 3LO" are you involved in the show at SEN that ended and then went to replays?.

If so do you not understand the reasons we couldnt understand it
Image ..what does it say about the home of sport going to KB replays when the biggest tennis match is on.
Matty Thompson..you had a person there at the tennis and he said he was staying to watch it anyway.
SEN Sport 24/7 how can this be if you have old replays when huge sport is on at the same time
Talkback... I called in before the match with my thoughts on it and I am sure you would have got plenty of calls when it was over or on with peoples thoughts on it
You guys seem to love your American sport , what if a baseball match in the world series was delayed because of rain would the American 24/7 sports radio stations not worry about it just becuase it was at 1am.

And you thought it was on 3LO so that wouldnt matter if SEN went to replays.
The 20 20 match coming up is on Triple M so maybe you should tell all the SEN listeners who like music as well that they dont need to come back to 1116 next week.

SEN is a good station but it will never be great if you take the attitude you did by saying it was elsewhere so it doesnt matter .
Mosts of the posts here seem to point out the deficiencies where the station could take the next step and be even better.
Otherwise do me a favour and get the station to change the ads where it calls itself covering sport 24 hours a day because thats not true .

Can't believe people here think SEN should've made an effort to be live during the Hewitt Baghdatis match:confused:....it was on channel seven (FTA) live...why would anyone who was up be tuned in to a radio station instead of watching on tv?:confused::confused: How many homes do not have a tv?:confused: Why would SEN want to cover tennis (which is awful on radio) when it was live on channel seven?:confused: And if a few hundred people were not near a tv and interested in the match the ABC has the rights and has ball by ball coverage of the game so again why would SEN want to make a special effort to be on for the match?:confused:

talkback is good when the caller knows what he's on about but when you get feral after feral ringing up and talking rubbish i much prefer the hosts talking amongst themselves

its not self indulgent either its just quality banter and very few shows on sen are able to have it, morning glory go way over the top with it imo but i think the spotlight boys and casual fridays are examples of when it works well

PLSC I agree with you on all three points!:) Talkback is no good if its a bunch of idiots who just want to hear their own voices. Also agree that Casual Fridays and Saturday Spotlight have quality banter better than any other shows on SEN.

But have to say I was a little disappointed to learn last Friday that Ben Dixon (who was filling in for Daniel Harford) had lost his license on 3 separate occassions.:eek: He was my favourite player up until he retired and I had no idea he was a habitual license loser. At least he can admit what an idiot he'd been and impart his lessons to the younger players on our list.

Can't believe people here think SEN should've made an effort to be live during the Hewitt Baghdatis match:confused:....it was on channel seven (FTA) live...why would anyone who was up be tuned in to a radio station instead of watching on tv?:confused::confused: How many homes do not have a tv?:confused: Why would SEN want to cover tennis (which is awful on radio) when it was live on channel seven?:confused: And if a few hundred people were not near a tv and interested in the match the ABC has the rights and has ball by ball coverage of the game so again why would SEN want to make a special effort to be on for the match?:confused:
A lot of people listen to SEN in bed at that hour of night.............oh, and by the way, you ask why would SEN make the effort?........Maybe because they call themselves a SPORT station...

A lot of people listen to SEN in bed at that hour of night.............oh, and by the way, you ask why would SEN make the effort?........Maybe because you call yourself a SPORT station...

Macmum i call myself sammy, never referred to myself as a sports station yet.;) IF you are listening to the tennis in bed than listen to the station that has the rights, ABC have live commentary of every point so why listen to a talkback station.
Most people who were up at that time of morning would've turned their tv on if they were interested in the game. Its not eveyday that a big game is on at that hour.:rolleyes:

Macmum i call myself sammy, never referred to myself as a sports station yet.;) IF you are listening to the tennis in bed than listen to the station that has the rights, ABC have live commentary of every point so why listen to a talkback station.
Most people who were up at that time of morning would've turned their tv on if they were interested in the game. Its not eveyday that a big game is on at that hour.:rolleyes:
You obviously got in quick...as you can see, I edited my original post...

anyone know if bp is back tonight doing all night sport
i am a bit tired of mark and was thinking bp might be back.
one thing is for sure bp wont be doing boring pizza store votes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally Posted by a-rod
It all started on the 19th October 1988 . I am working 5 days a week at radio station 1116 SEN - Melbournes Home of Sport on Hungry for Sport from 9am to midday. I get some gooood money for producing.

Status:SingleHere for:Networking, Friends, the stray rootOrientation:Straight, unless you have a better offerHometown:Near Goldspink's NewsagencyBody type:155cm / AverageEthnicity:White / CaucasianZodiac Sign:LibraSmoke / Drink:No / YesChildren:Someday, possibly alreadyOccupation:producer at SEN 1116Income:Less than $30,000
No offense to the kid he does a decent job, but you would think SEN would try to get a producer who isn't just out of high school. Although when your paying less than 30 grand a year you get what you pay for.

well brother maybe they are lots of people who would do that job is they left just to be in radio station i think most of the producers do it just so as they can get some on air time dude

Mark Franklin is doing a shift from 6PM tonight until 6AM tomorrow morning.

Our friend the Program Manager Mark Johnston really knows how to manage his staff doesnt he.
12 hours in a row thats a bit over the top isnt it
Didnt someone say he was in charge of music radio for many years , maybe he thinks that Mark Franklin is playing music and not doing much else.
Real man manager and peoples person is this Johnston
6pm to 6am thats quite absurd its not a dance marathon like they use to have when i was a kid till last person faints

I know of a couple of people on fiveaa who have done a 12 hour shift or so but from memory half of that was producer and half was talkback. But I have a feeling that was 6pm to 6am. It was something like 12midday to 12midnight.

-Ben

Our friend the Program Manager Mark Johnston really knows how to manage his staff doesnt he.
12 hours in a row thats a bit over the top isnt it

maybe franka needs the coin brother

the stuff up to midnight he gets dough from johnson the stuff after midnight he gets the dough from the adverts so he probably wants to do that he can just whack on some replays through the night johnson doesunt listen then anyway

As predicted by many, Mark Fine gets on the front foot and smacks the Indian cricket team and their hypocrisy - for six: "if they don't like it, they know the way to Tullamarine." :thumbsu:
Roebuck, Bertrand, Tendulkar, and few others I’ve missed; Fine’s taking no prisoners tonight.

As predicted by many, Mark Fine gets on the front foot and smacks the Indian cricket team and their hypocrisy - for six: "if they don't like it, they know the way to Tullamarine." :thumbsu:

Predictable and boring.:thumbsdown: With very little thought put in to his arguments. Its always easy to appeal to the mass bogan aussie aussie aussie oy oy oy listners.:rolleyes:

Predictable and boring.:thumbsdown: With very little thought put in to his arguments. Its always easy to appeal to the mass bogan aussie aussie aussie oy oy oy listners.:rolleyes:

maybe he just agrees with the masses brother and if that is what the masses think what is wrong with them saying that?

do we always just have to listen the loud minority and assume they are right and ignore the silent majority and say they cant have theyre opinion and they are wrong

what about the indians dude one of theyre players gets done for saying racist stuff and then they try to cover it up by attacking the australians

good on you finey brother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back