Radio The SEN Thread 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was about to ask where you found the overnight ratings, but I take it you meant "overall"? Wouldn't have thought the All Night Appetite would be rating a 3.5!

No I do not, overnights are in column 1 of the time breakdowns. No overall figures are provided on the Neilsen PDF's.

No I do not, overnights are in column 1 of the time breakdowns. No overall figures are provided on the Neilsen PDF's.

Column 1 is the overall audience - not the overnight.

http://au.nielsen.com/site/documents/Metro809.pdf

Unusual ratings. They dropped in the 25-55 which is their core audience but gained in the 18-24 (which is good news). TripleJJJ got slammed by the 18-24yo's. I have no idea why. :confused:

By the way, this survey period covered all of Doran's tenure.

I really think they should have an program one night - Peaky and Howard and the Gladiators of Sport VS The Four Diegos association football fans with regards to the AFL V FIFA World Cup debate ..

I loathe the Four Diegos, but it would be so great to listen to Peaky's pomposity and tendency to use his own personal opinions as 'FACTS' vs The Diegos hyperbole.

I have to admit, every time Peaky mentions the term FACTS to boost his opinion makes me think that he's losing the argument :D
Also I believe once he got offended by someone calling up and saying 'bloody hell' and he described it as 'unneccesary vulgar language' ...
He's a strange beast Peaky, he's very annoying and pompous, but you just can't stop listening to him :)

I really think they should have an program one night - Peaky and Howard and the Gladiators of Sport VS The Four Diegos association football fans with regards to the AFL V FIFA World Cup debate ..

I loathe the Four Diegos, but it would be so great to listen to Peaky's pomposity and tendency to use his own personal opinions as 'FACTS' vs The Diegos hyperbole.

I have to admit, every time Peaky mentions the term FACTS to boost his opinion makes me think that he's losing the argument :D
Also I believe once he got offended by someone calling up and saying 'bloody hell' and he described it as 'unneccesary vulgar language' ...
He's a strange beast Peaky, he's very annoying and pompous, but you just can't stop listening to him :)
The problem is you can't get aword in! Peaky's falsehoods and distorted facts in the issue make the arguement mute. He's embarrased himself and the station on the whole issue. Just digressing SEN are in overdrive promoting Muscat's 500th game. Gee wait for it on SEN digital! But hang on they've got Lowther having to do his exciting Premier league Cricket show!! What a Joke:rolleyes:

I would be still getting worried about the future of SEN. Other forums are suggesting either a switch in station location to 3MP's current dial location (1377) or even SEN to go totally Digital with the new talk station at 1116 and music at 1377. The thing is that apparantly 1377 isn't as strong as the transmitter at Rowville doesn't give great reception for Northern and Western subs due to 3XY (The Greek station, not the former 3XY which is now Magic 1278).

I would be still getting worried about the future of SEN. Other forums are suggesting either a switch in station location to 3MP's current dial location (1377) or even SEN to go totally Digital with the new talk station at 1116 and music at 1377. The thing is that apparantly 1377 isn't as strong as the transmitter at Rowville doesn't give great reception for Northern and Western subs due to 3XY (The Greek station, not the former 3XY which is now Magic 1278).

So why would they switch the dial then ?:confused:

Mate, SEN is rating great for the demographic they want. They are as safe as houses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Singleton is serious about his new talk station succeeding then obviously he'll want the clearest reception possible. Don't be surprised if this happen.

Will not happen.

Singleton is not an idiot. He won't mess with an existing, successful format.

Annoying: yes. Pompous: yes. Two out of three ain't bad. :thumbsu:

Agree peaky has his selective articles in the New ltd paper in which he churns out . He know something will be nutted out re. World cup bid and yet he just whips up more hysteria that Matt ''Hysteria'' Thompson. laughable his ignorance of any sports,he's one of those people who just tries to win an arguement by just continually bellowing and talking over people who dare have a differing view. Yes he is a pompous twat :rolleyes:

Is it really that much of a success? The rumours persist that SEN will either move or even disappear altogether.

What rumours ?
The ones on Big Footy. Lol. :D

The station is rating great in the 25-55 male demo's. That is a great demographic to have in your pocket as you can only imagine the amount of advertisers wanting to get a crack at that sort of audience profile.

So long as SEN keeps its AFL broadcast rights its as safe as can be.

The B teams on SEN - Richo, Harf, Granland, Dr Turf, Allen - are going pretty well considering there's not much to actually talk about at this time of year. I've switched back across from FM as their B line ups are hideous.

What rumours ?
The ones on Big Footy. Lol. :D

The station is rating great in the 25-55 male demo's. That is a great demographic to have in your pocket as you can only imagine the amount of advertisers wanting to get a crack at that sort of audience profile.

So long as SEN keeps its AFL broadcast rights its as safe as can be.

Pleassse no more henious Pancake parlour ads ,it's killing me!! While your at no more continental tyre ads if I have to hear that young chick say ""My family wont go near the road if I'm on it'' ''I'll show them'' I will violently vomit !!!:eek:

Pleassse no more henious Pancake parlour ads ,it's killing me!! While your at no more continental tyre ads if I have to hear that young chick say ""My family wont go near the road if I'm on it'' ''I'll show them'' I will violently vomit !!!:eek:

those tyre ads are seriously wrong. correct me if im wrong here but doesnt that feature.....wait. sorry i got mixed up.

the one im referring to is the ud trux ad featuring the daughter and father having a conversation that borders on incest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back