The Summer transfer rumor thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not what I was asking.

The point I was making is that he's not really very good.

The point I am making is with so many cashed up clubs looking to making purchases compared to how many clubs are refusing to sell, there are going to be huge prices paid for some "not so talented" players...

That said, I rate Valencia...

The point I am making is with so many cashed up clubs looking to making purchases compared to how many clubs are refusing to sell, there are going to be huge prices paid for some "not so talented" players...

That said, I rate Valencia...

I wish Liverpool had 16m to spend... even if it is on an average player.

That's not what I was asking.

The point I was making is that he's not really very good.

He's very good in an average team (since they lost Heskey and Palacios anyway). He'll be good but 16m??
I think transfer figures for players is getting ridiculous. Has been an issue for years, but with Man City with an endless supply and Real deciding to throw serious amounts of money in the summer window again it could rise to stupid levels this year.

He's very good in an average team (since they lost Heskey and Palacios anyway). He'll be good but 16m??
I think transfer figures for players is getting ridiculous. Has been an issue for years, but with Man City with an endless supply and Real deciding to throw serious amounts of money in the summer window again it could rise to stupid levels this year.

This for a winger who has scored 7 goals in 83 league appearances for a club?

I know he's young and all that, but he's been playing in an average team, he doesn't have a good goal scoring record for a winger... he's just plain average

The fact is that Valencia is coming from a club with absolutely no real desire to sell. Thus the supply curve from basic economics would be higher, meaning the price is going to be higher then a player from a club who want to get rid of/refuse to play such as Babel...

Bleh, economics sucks man.

This for a winger who has scored 7 goals in 83 league appearances for a club?

I know he's young and all that, but he's been playing in an average team, he doesn't have a good goal scoring record for a winger... he's just plain average
I didn't word it correctly. He's an average player I agree. He's made to look like a very good player in a very average team. He has potential and I think he looks ok(buzzword of my life) so I guess that's why they want to pay a high fee for him. Still way too much money being thrown around for him.
I feel the same way about Santa Cruz. I don't think he's that good but Blackburn will make 15-20m if he goes.

I'd be happy with that. Now buy another CB Wenger. It's been talked about for a few years, but I'd prefer Kolo Toure play as a DM and buy two rock solid CB's rather than a good DM and CB and leave one of the suspect CB's we have in the middle of defence. Hope that makes sense. I'm not 100% confident in any of the players we have for central defence.

Wenger thinks he doesn't have the stamina to play in DM. Back in last preseason ...

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-toure-will-not-move-into-midfield

There is talk of Nasri being converted into a DM (both Wenger and Domenech can see him as one) but I definitely don't see that happening effectively over one preseason ...

[YOUTUBE]QcJTTdeT7xk[/YOUTUBE]

I didn't word it correctly. He's an average player I agree. He's made to look like a very good player in a very average team. He has potential and I think he looks ok(buzzword of my life) so I guess that's why they want to pay a high fee for him. Still way too much money being thrown around for him.
I feel the same way about Santa Cruz. I don't think he's that good but Blackburn will make 15-20m if he goes.

Agreed with RSQ. Serviceable for Blackburn, may be better with better service from midfield, doesn't have age on his side and has knee problems. Will still command (I say 12-18m) and he will go. They'll take the money that someone offers, whether or not it's Mark Hughes, but he'll go.

Wenger thinks he doesn't have the stamina to play in DM. Back in last preseason ...

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-toure-will-not-move-into-midfield

There is talk of Nasri being converted into a DM (both Wenger and Domenech can see him as one) but I definitely don't see that happening effectively over one preseason ...

Typical Wenger isn't it.

Buy a great young attacking player for 10m+ and convert him into a DM. Buy another young attacking player for similar money to fill Nasri's previous position.

You know, instead of buying a defensive midfielder player in the first place.........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TIG's doesn't watch anyone but Liverpool.

And at most he would've seen 3 or 4 of Wigan's games this season.

Coming from someone who tries to watch the smaller, lower profile clubs from time to time (as most don't like doing) I can say he is a good player (far better than ****ing Babel).

When you start bringing up stats to present your argument instead of evaluating the players strengths and weaknesses (as you've seen) then your argument is pathetic and irrelevant.

Try watching Wigan from time to time some of you.

Valencia actually plays well surrounded by inferior quality teammates. Passing to them and getting quality service back to you is an irregularity. He plays well with what he has to play with. He's no worse than Park, or Nani - definitely no worse than Riera, or Babel.

I don't rate him as highly as Embers does but to go on as you have, when clearly you don't watch Wigan unless they're playing Liverpool is just ****ing stupid.

2 new transfers in the German Bundesliga:

Lukas Podolski goes back to Koln for 7.5M

Mario Gomez goes to Bayern for 30M euros. That is a HUGE transfer fee (biggest in Bundesliga). They sure are putting alot of their eggs in the one basket.

(well, these happened a while back but they will go into effect now).

The Invincibles.

Undefeated League season says hi...

EDIT: Beaten to it...
i said "unless you can hold onto them". after 2006 the likes of henry and pires went elsewhere.

arsenal has a known history of being stubborn with wage demands. which i kind of like, as players are mostly overpaid, but some demands you have to give in to for the good of the club.

arshavin is the only player that wenger has signed that goes against his youth policy and wage structure. perhaps a sign times are a changing down at emirates.
2 new transfers in the German Bundesliga:

Lukas Podolski goes back to Koln for 7.5M

Mario Gomez goes to Bayern for 30M euros. That is a HUGE transfer fee (biggest in Bundesliga). They sure are putting alot of their eggs in the one basket.

(well, these happened a while back but they will go into effect now).
i rate podolski highly ... wouldn't mind him as a squad striker at barca. ah well, gl 2 him.

Valencia for 16 million in todays market is about right.

Compare it to some of the other transfers over the last 12 months and it's hard to call it a ridiculous asking price.

Considering Tottenham still want 12 mill for David Bentley well 16 mill for Valencia is a bargain whose twice the player. I rate him easily in the top 3 RW in the league. His crossing really is quite brilliant as are his free kicks but for some reason Bruce never gives him the chance. I guess he wants him on the outside of the box because he does have a powerful shot on him. His goal vs Man City was all class. Probably one of the goals of the year

This year I saw him absolutely rip Gael Clichy and Patrice Evra two brand new assholes each. His performances against top 4 opposition are what stood out and what have put other clubs on notice. Clichy ass is probably still sore from the reaming Valencia gave him. Hes got great skill, trickery, great cross and a powerful shot. What more do you want? In reality hes a rich mans Aaron Lennon. Would suit Real Madrid better IMO. I hope he goes there instead of Man United who will waste him

Considering Tottenham still want 12 mill for David Bentley well 16 mill for Valencia is a bargain whose twice the player.
That's what makes the transfer fees ridiculous in the current market. The shit players getting overvalued which then works it's way up to the awesome players. Bentley at 12 mill is a joke! Once again second rate English players getting overvalued.

That's what makes the transfer fees ridiculous in the current market. The shit players getting overvalued which then works it's way up to the awesome players. Bentley at 12 mill is a joke! Once again second rate English players getting overvalued.

You of all people should realise how good Valencia is. Tore Arsenal to shreds twice this year. People dont actually realise how quick he is. Apart from Lennon no winger in the leage is quicker then Valencia. Unlike Lennon though he already has the final ball in place to take his game to that next level. Valencia is everything you hope Walcott can end up being.

Also ive been saying Santa Cruz is a one year wonder for a while now. Wouldnt pay more than 6 mill for him personally. Infact id prefer Benni McCarthy to him. Apart from getting spoon fed easy headers in his first year hes shown no signs of being a top grade striker. The year before this one he had at Blackburn, I think even a bloke like Daniel Cousin could of snagged 10-15 goals with the service the Blackburn wingers were providign

Why did you write that after quoting me saying Bentley is overrated. I don't want Walcott to be like Valencia, I want him to be like Henry. Walcott's a striker not a winger. Sometimes I think pace can cause players to be overrated. Lennon as a pure footballer is a bit average but his pace seems to bring him into the national team equation.

Why did you write that after quoting me saying Bentley is overrated. I don't want Walcott to be like Valencia, I want him to be like Henry. Walcott's a striker not a winger. Sometimes I think pace can cause players to be overrated. Lennon as a pure footballer is a bit average but his pace seems to bring him into the national team equation.

Quoted the wrong post. Meant to quote the one about Valencia and Santa.

I dont think many people equate Valencia with pace. Most people probably think off him for his close ball control and good crossing. Theres a reason Emile Heskey went from uber hack to half decent in his spell with Wigan and it wasnt because Heskey learnt how to play football all of a sudden. Only weakness id say in Valencias game is he has no left foot but in all honesty ive never seen him ever having to use it cos he beats almost everyone the first or 2nd time around and uses his right foot anyway. I did say he was a RICH mans Aaron Lennon. Hes got similar pace but the final ball to go with it. If Lennon continues to improve his final ball as he has done this year he could end up on a similar level to Valencia I think

well.. looks like we continue to trump United even after the Champs League final

- Ribery has rejected a move to England. He said he will most definitely not be playing in England.

- We're reportedly after Vidic.. offered 22,000,000 for him allegedly

basically seems like we're after Ibrahimovic, David Villa, Ribery, Mascherano, Maxwell and Vidic and Laporta has said we'll sign at least 3 or 4 players in the window. Eto'o and Yaya Toure are the two that appear most likely to depart. without being selfish i'd like to see us sign one of Ibra or Villa (don't care which one. love them both) Ribery, Masch (if Yaya goes) and Vidic would be nice but not 100% necessary.

----------------- Valdes ------------------
------------------------------------------
Alves ----- Pique ----- Puyol ----- Maxwell
-------------- Mascherano ---------------
------- Xavi ------------- Iniesta ---------
--- Messi ---------------------- Ribery ---
-------------- Ibrahimovic ----------------

that side would certainly be every chance of going back to back in all comps.

my personal priorities.

Ibrahimovic (my favourite non-barca player)
Ribery (him and Messi would be a sight to behold)
Maxwell (hopefully can sign him in the deal with Ibra. We desperately need a new LB)
Mascherano (would climb up past Ribery in the event Yaya leaves, but for now he stays here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back