The Summer transfer rumor thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least Johnson didn't go to Chelsea. That would have officially been the dumbest signing of all time. Good player but I'm not sure he's up to the standard of a big club. But he could kick on at Liverpool.
As Bus said, I'm not sure he's worth that much.

Yes, but buying Johnson on an inflated fee will only fast track your way to insolvency. That's 18m less you have to spend on interest payments.

I didnt wanna pay more than 10-12 Mill for him. Im already pissed as it is.

The owners have to sell their hockey teams and what ever other crap they own. Then sell us to Arabs.....please.

:p This is why football sucks....I bet you were saying how bad it was for the game when Roman took over at Chelsea as well ;) :p :D

Its mainly the way football is going.... All rich guys want to have a say in everything. They want to feel apart of something they beleive they created cause in the end it all comes back to money...that they handed over. Thats why I want an Arab to give us some $$$$$

I dont really care I just think soccer players earn ridiculous amounts of money. The amount of money being thrown around in transfers is scary.

18 and a half for Glen Johnson.... **** what is the game coming to !!

IMO the fee can be broken into 4 seperate fees

11 mill for Glen Johnson
3 mill for English citizenship
2.5 mill for West Ham academy tutoring
2 mill for the perm hair

(Log in to remove this ad.)

18 and a half for Glen Johnson.... **** what is the game coming to !!

Thats what happens when you've got quotas to fill and your useless academy has produced sod all for 10 years.

Basically it's not a huge outlay in terms of hard cash from the bank - as Arbeloa sounds like he's off to Real - and Pompey still owe us most of the Crouch fee.

I'm not saying it's not a ridiculous fee - it most certainly is - but it's the type of ridiculous that could be afforded - considering all the different situations - with add ons no doubt featuring heavily.

When you consider add ons - it probably cost us **** all straight up - but will hurt the pocket long term.

I like him as a player - we need a player with his attacking abilities at RB - but 18.5....... Bizarre fee. :eek:

New owners/investors on the horizon? :confused:

Basically if he wasn't English - he wouldn't be looked at anywhere near that fee.

We're absolutely desperate for English players to fill our quota unfortunately.

Although the media were about 9m off when reporting the Torres fee - so who knows what it is, really.

Although the media were about 9m off when reporting the Torres fee - so who knows what it is, really.

27.5 million :eek:.

Considering Pompey hold a press conference everytime one of there players experiences a bowel movement I think we can trust the figure this time around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back