The Summer transfer rumor thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ibrahimovic for Eto'o is such bad business.

Eto is good at what he does and is a better all round player but Ibra will fit Barcas system alot better. Ibra is alot better passer and can hold the ball up better than Eto.

Ibra is coming off a fantastic year. Got about 30 goals for the season playing in a much less creative team than Barca. Its a like for like trade IMO. Barcelona will be a bit better off for it even if Eto is a better player

Eto is good at what he does and is a better all round player but Ibra will fit Barcas system alot better. Ibra is alot better passer and can hold the ball up better than Eto.

Ibra is coming off a fantastic year. Got about 30 goals for the season playing in a much less creative team than Barca. Its a like for like trade IMO. Barcelona will be a bit better off for it even if Eto is a better player

You're clearly batty. It's practically the same move that United tried to pull last year by bringing in Berbatov, which even though he got some goals completely inhibited the fast, free flowing football played by United.

Sure Ibrahimovic is insanely skilled and a fantastic player but he's just far too lazy to fit in with a system that relies on pressure from the front and hard running to create space. Eto'o works in that kind of system because he puts the hard yards in, Ibrahimovic doesnt. The real key to Barcelonas game is the balls forward from midfield through the defense, they've never played with a 'ball to feet, hold up' center forward in recent times and i dont see why they would change a Champions League winning game plan to do so.

The only reason this transfer is even rumored is because Eto'o is off contract next season and the thought of putting him on wage parity with Messi or getting zilch for him next season is too much to bear by the Barcelona management.

You're clearly batty. It's practically the same move that United tried to pull last year by bringing in Berbatov, which even though he got some goals completely inhibited the fast, free flowing football played by United.

Sure Ibrahimovic is insanely skilled and a fantastic player but he's just far too lazy to fit in with a system that relies on pressure from the front and hard running to create space. Eto'o works in that kind of system because he puts the hard yards in, Ibrahimovic doesnt. The real key to Barcelonas game is the balls forward from midfield through the defense, they've never played with a 'ball to feet, hold up' center forward in recent times and i dont see why they would change a Champions League winning game plan to do so.

The only reason this transfer is even rumored is because Eto'o is off contract next season and the thought of putting him on wage parity with Messi or getting zilch for him next season is too much to bear by the Barcelona management.

Ibra can play as a hold up center forward but can also do what Eto does. I dont really see Eto as a hard worker. He workds harder than Ibra but hes no Carlos Tevez or Wayne Rooney thats for sure. If City are offering 20+ mill for a man with one year left on his deal of course youd accept. Ibra is the most sensible replacement in the end as im not sure Benzema is ready for that kind of responsibility yet

Looks like the work permit went through and we will announce in the next few days that Luis Jiminez has signed from Inter on one year loan with a 7 mill buyout clause

Sexy first signing IMO. From Di Michele on loan to Jiminez shows Zola already having a impact in the transfer market.

Did the table rise a few cm when you typed this?

No but it did when I saw this

dgothers1_web.jpg

Di Michele in all his manliness.

Alot of people seem a bit bewildered by the 20 mill fee for Valencia should take one thing in mind

His 40k per week contract. No player in the world of his talent would accept 40k a week but in his situation its quadrupling his 10k a week contract at Wigan. I think he could earn 80k elsewhere (city for example) so effectively signing him for 20 mill 40k per week on a 5 year deal is the same as signing say Shaun Wright Phillips for 10 mill on 80k per week.

Alot of people seem a bit bewildered by the 20 mill fee for Valencia should take one thing in mind

His 40k per week contract. No player in the world of his talent would accept 40k a week but in his situation its quadrupling his 10k a week contract at Wigan. I think he could earn 80k elsewhere (city for example) so effectively signing him for 20 mill 40k per week on a 5 year deal is the same as signing say Shaun Wright Phillips for 10 mill on 80k per week.

They probably seem bewildered by it, because he's not worth 10, let alone 20.

Looks like the work permit went through and we will announce in the next few days that Luis Jiminez has signed from Inter on one year loan with a 7 mill buyout clause

Sexy first signing IMO. From Di Michele on loan to Jiminez shows Zola already having a impact in the transfer market.

ZOMG. Great news if true.

They probably seem bewildered by it, because he's not worth 10, let alone 20.

You must be on crack. Any reason hes not that good. Particular major weaknesses in his game ya can point out for me?

Jimenez is an interesting 1st signing if it happens to say the least. He can basically play as an attacking midfielder or on the right wing, and is meant to be quite a creative player in the Benayoun mould. Would basically confirm that Faubert is on the outs, which was the case regardless anyways I would have thought.

Also rumors today that we're after Caicedo from Man Citeh and Acquafresca who got 14 goals on loan at Cagliari last season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be good news if this happened but i believe Villa has expressed his preference is Real Madrid if he is sold by Valencia

Manchester United could be about to break the British transfer record by launching a £45m bid for Valencia striker David Villa.

The Daily Mirror report that Sir Alex Ferguson is hoping to beat Real Madrid in the race to sign Villa, who is almost certain to be sold this summer by debt-laden Valencia.

Villa is one of the most coveted strikers in the world game and with Barcelona, Chelsea and Real Madrid all chasing the 27-year-old it would be a major coup if Ferguson were successful in luring the Spanish international to Old Trafford.

Would be good news if this happened but i believe Villa has expressed his preference is Real Madrid if he is sold by Valencia

He said the other week he'd only leave Spain for Liverpool.

Which you could argue isn't like leaving Spain at all (in a football sense)

Anyhow, he's a Real Madrid player so it's all pretty irrelevant.

Chelsea had a bid of the same value as your reported interest/bid ****ed off anyway - because discussions with Real were so far advanced.

He said the other week he'd only leave Spain for Liverpool.

Which you could argue isn't like leaving Spain at all (in a football sense)

Anyhow, he's a Real Madrid player so it's all pretty irrelevant.

Chelsea had a bid of the same value as your reported interest/bid ****ed off anyway - because discussions with Real were so far advanced.
Fking Real Madrid.

Not what he said at all, only that pool would be the most appealing of the English clubs because he has mates there already.

Barcelona have tabled a bid today apparently, 50 million plus Bojan and Caceres on loan.

i'd actually be cool with that.

as long as we got them back of course:p

Not what he said at all, only that pool would be the most appealing of the English clubs because he has mates there already.

I quit Spanish in Year 9 - so I don't care really.

But both he and Silva seem to be massive homers -Couldn't see them ever playing out of Spain unfortunately/fortunately (depending on who they actually played for)

Barcelona have tabled a bid today apparently, 50 million plus Bojan and Caceres on loan.

Pretty shite offer compared to whatever I'm sure Real are offering.

IMO offering players like that on loan in a deal for one of the worlds best footballers is very arrogant and lacks respect.

OK - So you give us your best player, we'll give you a bit of money - then you can have these 2 kids and develop them.

Oh - but we'll be taking them back, like.

Pretty shite offer compared to whatever I'm sure Real are offering.

IMO offering players like that on loan in a deal for one of the worlds best footballers is very arrogant and lacks respect.

OK - So you give us your best player, we'll give you a bit of money - then you can have these 2 kids and develop them.

Oh - but we'll be taking them back, like.

Valencia are in that much trouble they don't really have a choice.

they get 2 guaranteed starters and don't have to pay a fee for them.

they sort themselves out next season whilst still having a good season. Bojan is capable of 20+ goals IMO if he plays nearly all the games IMO.

Valencia need to spend as little as they can but still remain competitive and then bingo, they're back on track again.

(as long as they are able to sort out their financial troubles of course)

The key being that this story comes from El Mundo Deportivo. Which is basically the Barcelona equivalent of Marca.
no not necessarily. only EMD have covered the barca angle in this but it's been reported broadly that negotiations have broke down between R.Madrid and Valencia.

leaves barca and man u really. man u have more money but staying in spain is a prerogative for Villa. unless perez magically pulls more cash out of his arse, despite the fact valencia aren't impressed with him.

:eek:

Funded by the sales of Arbeloa and Doss no doubt - but that fee is crazy.

Especially when we're ****ing broke already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back