The Summer transfer rumor thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"People who think that I have joined City for the money are wrong" - Adebayor

One of the more comical things i've heard in a while.

adebayor.jpg

Reporter : "How high was the pile of cash they offered you Ade?"

Stolen from West ham site btw

adebayor - wearing black.

err.. pc.

No doubt hes stylin and profilin in that pic but for 170k a week he should atleast have a attactrive honey on his other arm.

Still not as pimptastic as the Berbatov photos with Sir Alex last year however

Anyone but me getting sick of Hull City trying to sign strikers well out of there league

Frazier Campbell, Fortune, Michael Owen and now they have turned to Voronin. Someone needs to tell Phil Brown you are in control of quite possibly the worst EPL side in this decade. No one wants to live in Hull and they sure as shit dont want to play for them either.

Iwulemo, Rob Hulse, Ross McCormack, Darius Vassell. These are the players you should be signing. Campbell, Voronin hell even Zamora are way out of your league ya chump

In 2007 you won the final with
------------Inzaghi
-------------Kaka
Seedorf-Ambrosini-Pirlo-Gattuso
Jankulovski-Maldini-Nesta-Oddo
-------------Dida

In 2005 you fielded
------Crespo-Shevchenko
------------Kaka
Seedorf----Pirlo----Gattuso
Maldini--Nesta--Stam--Cafu
-----------Dida

Are you saying that 2007 side is on par with the 2005 one? You've replaced Shevchenko and Crespo by the guy who used to warm the bench because of them, Ambrosini has somehow got himself in the team and Stam & Cafu have been replaced by Jankulovski & Oddo.

That 2005 team consisted of 10 world class players and Dida; the 2007 side is what was left over from that side (Stam, Crespo and Cafu too old, you couldn't hold on to Shevchenko) and Seedorf and Maldini well past their best.

The 2005 team would've been a worthy European champion, they were class all over. In 2007 you lost against Lille and AEK (thank god Anderlecht were in your group), you needed extra time to get past Celtic, Kaka hit the form of his life against a severely understrength Man Utd defense and Liverpool were the better side in the final.

To me this just sounds absurd. You're saying you've got money to spend but you've chosen to let yourself slide down the European ladder and turn into a club with modest ambition instead of trying to win the CL again, that after having been about the best club in Europe for over a decade?

At least we know Real is making money. In 'ordinary' summers they also spend shitloads.

He's hoping to sign Fabiano but he's offering money that's nowhere near his market value (and the same re Hernanes I read)? Hmm.. sounds like he's not willing to spend the money that's necessary.

And good luck with Ronaldinho, he's been past it for 3 years.

Yes the 2005 Milan team was class all over and superior to the 2007 model. In THAT respect then you can say they declined. However its absurdly rich to claim a team declined from 2005 to 2007 when, in the latter year, they won the European Cup. Whether they were more deserving beforehand is irrelevant, whether they were lucky with their draw is irrelevant. You can compare the two sides (05,07) but to say Milan were in decline is ridiculous IMO. One being stronger than the other is a different argument.

I absolutely agree that its absurd that AC Milan are letting themselves slide from being a genuine European force to an also ran but this is exactly what is happening. They have money, as I said before I will put my house on it. Its a simple fact that Berlusconi will not spend the cash that is necessary to strengthen the team in the required areas. 2 reasons for this IMO -

1. He stupidly still thinks the squad is capable (with a firing Ronaldinho) of matching it with Europe's elite (Barca, Man Utd etc). Just listen to his comments, he genuinely thinks that the club under a different direction and gameplan with Leonardo will flourish unlike last season when they were stuttering right through the season. He even went as far as to blame Ancelotti for not running Inter closer in Serie A, given Ancelotti refused to start Ronaldinho after a certain point and other tactical mistakes which were made. He still believes, with a few minor (cheaper) adjustments, the squad is strong.

2. Given his position as Prime Minister of Italy and the financial climate (amongst all the other shit that engulfs Italy) he does not want to be seen splashing money around on players for AC Milan. His position is procarious and its why many have called on him to sell AC Milan.....given this stance is holding the club back. So again, as I said, if he can get away with spending next to no money on a couple of guns (Fabiano/Hernanes) and leaving it at that, he will. In the hope Milan somehow perform in both Europe and Serie A, he will be proven right. It's a stupid, massive risk but he's taking it. Look at the ridiculous saga involving Cissokho. They downgraded their bid because of his 'dental' problems FFS......problems which were deemed not an issue. Then they pushed to get him cheaper using that as a reason......

They have money. They simply won't spend.

As for Ronaldinho, I'm a dedicated Serie A follower. Last season he was hitting some impressive form until he was injured and fell out of favour tactically with Ancelotti (was a massive blue from Carlo). If he can get back to 3/4 of his best Barca form, it will go a long way to making Milan a contender. Whether it happens remains to be seen but I seriously would not write him off yet.

Same goes for Milan if they get Hernanes and Fabiano. Don't write them off yet.....but I do admit the squad needs an overhaul ASAP and it should be happening now.....it won't though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good news if true;

Chelsea youngster Frank Nouble is undergoing a medical at West Ham, skysports.com understands.

As exclusively revealed by skysports.com, West Ham are poised to snare the highly-rated starlet from London rivals Chelsea after Nouble rejected the offer of a professional contract at Chelsea.

Chelsea were keen to tie down Nouble to a long-term deal, but the young striker has decided to move on in search of regular first-team action.

West Ham are believed to have offered Nouble a five-year deal to lure the powerful attacker to Upton Park.

Chelsea and Hammers are believed to be in talks in a bid to thrash out a compensation packagewith the player expected to seal his switch to East London in the next 48 hours.

He's basically very comparable to Carlton Cole at the same age apparently. 191cms and he's a big striker who plays up front.

Arsenal were trying to sign him also.

Arsenal were trying to sign him also.
hehe

I love it how everyone automatically assume someone's good if "arsenal wanted him".

Wenger is brilliant at spotting youth, don't get me wrong, but I think it's funny how almost everyone links a player with Arsenal to qualify their position on how good a player is.

gl with that signing then

hehe

I love it how everyone automatically assume someone's good if "arsenal wanted him".

Wenger is brilliant at spotting youth, don't get me wrong, but I think it's funny how almost everyone links a player with Arsenal to qualify their position on how good a player is.

hehe

You're an idiot

gl with life then

hehe

or maybe they actually wanted him and if another big club were after him i would have mentioned them :eek:

Well Arsenal offered him a 3 year deal but we offered him a 5 year deal with a bit more coin. Sounds like a exciting talent. 191cm 90kg and runs 100m in 10.9 seconds so he is blistering quick. Not so great with the ball at his feet from what I read but Zola and co can iron that out. Will probably be in or around the bench this season and pushing for selection next

Sounds like he should be in the Olympics not on a football field.

That is his fall back option. Either way Cole got by with little footballing ability and pure athleticism, Nouble is athleticism to a tee. I think he will be alright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back