The Summer transfer rumor thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton are reported to be leading the chase to sign Hull defender Michael Turner.

Moyes fears losing Joleon Lescott to Manchester City and is reported to view eight million pound rated Turner as a replacement.

The Toffees boss watched Turner several times last season but he faces competition from Liverpool and Portsmouth, while Hull manager Phil Brown is braced for a fight to keep the 25-year-old who signed a new and improved contract five months ago.

Everton are reported to be leading the chase to sign Hull defender Michael Turner.

Moyes fears losing Joleon Lescott to Manchester City and is reported to view eight million pound rated Turner as a replacement.

The Toffees boss watched Turner several times last season but he faces competition from Liverpool and Portsmouth, while Hull manager Phil Brown is braced for a fight to keep the 25-year-old who signed a new and improved contract five months ago.

Turner is a quality player. I hope he stays at Hull. He is very important to their defense and is pretty dangerous in the box.

According to the Spanish press (that being the Barcelona based media) Xabi Alonso is merely hours away from being signed as a Real Madrid player.

If it goes through, that's a massive boost for Madrid's already potent midfield and a huge blow to Liverpool. Along with Xavi and Pirlo, Alonso is one of the very best creative link-up midfielders in the world.

and no players involved? :D :D

Liverpool's title challenge. already gone.

I'm already calling it!

like those election nights, the networks all trying to outdo each other being the first to report it.

well guess what ****heads? I'm first! :D

Alonso controlls the tempo, allows midfield dominanace. He is irreplaceable I'm afraid.

And I can't see Liverpool bringing anyone decent enough in.

and no players involved? :D :D

Liverpool's title challenge. already gone.

I'm already calling it!

like those election nights, the networks all trying to outdo each other being the first to report it.

well guess what ****heads? I'm first! :D

Alonso controlls the tempo, allows midfield dominanace. He is irreplaceable I'm afraid.

And I can't see Liverpool bringing anyone decent enough in.

so if we included sneijder wed still be title challengers?

he isnt that great in the centre of midfield, so your first point is stupid.

i agree he is irreplaceable, but look at utds centre pairing.

United's teams have always had more depth and more than one option up forward, Liverpool's midfield dominance was what kept them close.

United's teams have always had more depth and more than one option up forward, Liverpool's midfield dominance was what kept them close.
not to mention their backline is better

err it's called strengthening in another area to counter balance your weakness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No matter which way you spin it for Liverpool, losing Alonso leaves a big hole in the short term. No one you bring in will do what he could, he is quite simply a key playmaker who is creative and controls the tempo of matches.

He is exactly what Madrid need to finalise their squad (that and a left back) so its no surprise as soon as he left the door open for a move, they have gone hard after him. Alonso pairing up in midfield with Lass Diarra and Kaka, with Ronaldo and Benzema/Higuain further up will be quite something to watch.

Key losses to Man Utd and Liverpool have thrown next seasons EPL wide open for the big 4 and maybe even Man City. Chelsea must be happy watching it all unfold.

Barring either side imploding, I can't see anyone touching Barcelona and Real Madrid in next seasons Champions League. Barca may still yet even tempt Mascherano away from Anfield also.

:eek:

Not Sneijder folester. I think say Huntelaar + Robben + 10 mill would be a awesome deal for your lot. Imagine..

Reina
Johnson Skrtel Agger Insua
Kuyt Gerrard Mascherano Robben
Huntelaar Torres

And with the 10 mill left you can get another CM in Miguel Veloso or someone of a similar stature.

Personally if Barca want Mascherano id off him too for 15 mill + Yaya

admittedly, it does make it a lot harder to sign macherano if alonso goes ... at least macherano has a valid reason to leave though

wanting to play for the Real Madrid Galacticos is not valid enough? :D

IMO Mascherano will end up with Barcelona, provided enough cash is offered for him. If his reasons are legit then surely he will push the issue...

No matter which way you spin it for Liverpool, losing Alonso leaves a big hole in the short term. No one you bring in will do what he could, he is quite simply a key playmaker who is creative and controls the tempo of matches.

He is exactly what Madrid need to finalise their squad (that and a left back) so its no surprise as soon as he left the door open for a move, they have gone hard after him. Alonso pairing up in midfield with Lass Diarra and Kaka, with Ronaldo and Benzema/Higuain further up will be quite something to watch.

Key losses to Man Utd and Liverpool have thrown next seasons EPL wide open for the big 4 and maybe even Man City. Chelsea must be happy watching it all unfold.

Barring either side imploding, I can't see anyone touching Barcelona and Real Madrid in next seasons Champions League. Barca may still yet even tempt Mascherano away from Anfield also.

:eek:
Chelsea were good enough last season and there's no reason why they won't be this season.

They have one thing that Madrid can't have/won't.

Fluent understanding/cohesion on the field.

wanting to play for the Real Madrid Galacticos is not valid enough? :D

IMO Mascherano will end up with Barcelona, provided enough cash is offered for him. If his reasons are legit then surely he will push the issue...
Still don't understand your username and then choosing to follow AC Milan.

Mascha's reasons need only go as far as the fact his wife has still not got a permanent visa. Perhaps UK immigration officials have a valid reason, but he should be pushing for an exit and is ... rafa and liverpool remain stubborn in letting him go.

Sure he's a great player, but to hold a player against his will whose reasons for leaving a purely family based is a joke. He should threaten them by saying he'll do an adriano should all negotiations fail lol!

Chelsea were good enough last season and there's no reason why they won't be this season.

They have one thing that Madrid can't have/won't.

Fluent understanding/cohesion on the field.

Chelsea were good enough last season and will be strong again, I think they will be the strongest EPL side if Liverpool end up hamstrung by these 2 potential defections.

However I also think this Real Madrid team will click far sooner than anyone expects. They won't be brilliant all season long, even Barca last season (and great teams before them) had average patches of form.....if Real play brilliant football at the right times though then they will be a major contender for all titles. Especially Champions League which sounds like it is already their main focus.

the really ghey thing about real madrid is that they arsed their way to soo many 1 goal margin wins last season ... hence why barca only shook them with 3 rounds to go. if barca fail to sign decent midfielders this summer, with gudjohnsen/hleb going and yaya/keita gone for january (or whenever the african nations cup is on) then we're stuffed.

Mata/Macherano/Fabregas ... at least one of these names (or equivalent) is needed + 1/2 lesser more reliable midfielders ... like hleb, but not hleb lol.

Still don't understand your username and then choosing to follow AC Milan.

Whats to understand?

Been a major AC Milan fan for the best part of 20 years. Love the club. However I follow all the major leagues and became a bit of a fan of the old Galacticos (until they rid Makelele) and enjoyed watching them play at their peak.

The username is in reference to them but I just chose it off the top of my head. AC Milan is my only European club though.

Whats to understand?

Been a major AC Milan fan for the best part of 20 years. Love the club. However I follow all the major leagues and became a bit of a fan of the old Galacticos (until they rid Makelele) and enjoyed watching them play at their peak.

The username is in reference to them but I just chose it off the top of my head. AC Milan is my only European club though.
ah k ... just a bit odd i guess.

ah k ... just a bit odd i guess.

maybe its also because I'm taking a fair bit of interest in whats going on at Real Madrid right now and not so much with Milan.....it pains me to say that.

However when Berlusconi won't spend any ****ing money (after selling Kaka), whats to take an interest in? Milan need to be doing more to re-build what was a champion squad and its slightly pissing me off. So I try to ignore it and hope for the best next season from Ronaldinho, Pato, Pirlo etc.

Too much will be left to too few at Milan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back