The Summer transfer rumor thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
so if we included sneijder wed still be title challengers?

he isnt that great in the centre of midfield, so your first point is stupid.

i agree he is irreplaceable, but look at utds centre pairing.

It seems silly to try and not get a player exchange... Any number of players would be worth enquiring about that would improve the side...

Sneijder, VDV, Gago, Huntelaar, Negredo, RVN and Robben would all be worth mentioning in a deal.

Huntelaar doesn't want to go to Stuttgart and Arsenal and Tottenham (again) are fighting for his signature.
Man City are resuming their January pursuit of Toure.

I doubt we will get Huntelaar and I wouldn't be surprised if Toure goes. Fulham have made a bid for Turner from Hull, so hopefully we can increase our offer for Hangeland.

It seems silly to try and not get a player exchange... Any number of players would be worth enquiring about that would improve the side...

Sneijder, VDV, Gago, Huntelaar, Negredo, RVN and Robben would all be worth mentioning in a deal.

i wouldnt mind those players except for RVN or gago, but we wont get that much if we ask for one of those players to be included.

huntelaar is not an epl type striker and wont play second fiddle to torres, robben's injury prone and would never join us.

negredo is the player i want, but not 20 mill + negredo

rather swap arbeloa and cash for him

United's teams have always had more depth and more than one option up forward, Liverpool's midfield dominance was what kept them close.

they had the options but we still scored more goals then them last season (77 vs 68)

not to mention their backline is better
last season we only conceded 3 more goals.
err it's called strengthening in another area to counter balance your weakness.
our weakness is depth in all positions.
Not Sneijder folester. I think say Huntelaar + Robben + 10 mill would be a awesome deal for your lot. Imagine..

Reina
Johnson Skrtel Agger Insua
Kuyt Gerrard Mascherano Robben
Huntelaar Torres

And with the 10 mill left you can get another CM in Miguel Veloso or someone of a similar stature.

Personally if Barca want Mascherano id off him too for 15 mill + Yaya

as if we would get huntelaar and robben plus 10 million, huntelaar is worth close to 20 mill alone, robben is not far off that either. not to mention robben is always injured and would never come to us. we would change the best strike pairing in the world to accomodiate for huntelaar either.

id want the 35 mill, and then abeloa and 5-8 mill for negredo. get a replacement for alonso, and then use the money we have remaining to sign a winger.

Those players don't fit Benitez's system other than Robben. Huntelaar and Negrado would be handy but money could be spent in better other areas.

Say the reports are correct and we get 35 million euro for Alonso, 18-20 million could go towards Ashley Young (who we are apparently interested in and would fit perfectly) and the rest to Aquilani he seems set to be Alonso's replacement. In the end we get that extra player and Liverpool get to choice from anyone out there rather than just those 6-7 players.

Then if need be sell Arbeloa for 8 million euro i think Madrid were wanting him for and then spend that, plus maybe a little extra on a back-up striker just incase/when Torres gets injured. Doesn't have to anyone special, Benitez only likes the 1 striker anyway.

they had the options but we still scored more goals then them last season (77 vs 68)

last season we only conceded 3 more goals.

our weakness is depth in all positions.

as if we would get huntelaar and robben plus 10 million, huntelaar is worth close to 20 mill alone, robben is not far off that either. not to mention robben is always injured and would never come to us. we would change the best strike pairing in the world to accomodiate for huntelaar either.

id want the 35 mill, and then abeloa and 5-8 mill for negredo. get a replacement for alonso, and then use the money we have remaining to sign a winger.

Why do so many want to pay stupid money for Negredo, I dunno about you but IMO Huntelaar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> well yeh you get the point. Huntelaar is a deadset gun and whoever signs him for 18 mill is getting a deadset bargain considering thats how much Santa Crud cost.

Why do so many want to pay stupid money for Negredo, I dunno about you but IMO Huntelaar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> well yeh you get the point. Huntelaar is a deadset gun and whoever signs him for 18 mill is getting a deadset bargain considering thats how much Santa Crud cost.

huntelaar is a better finisher, but hes weaker, slower, not as good in the air.

have you actually seen negredo play? he reminds me of a left footed version of torres, but does not get in as good positions. negredo is a more then handy finisher, and i think people are underrating him. would be the ideal back up striker.

and your backline takes credit? no no ... Javier Mascherano takes credit for that.

When he was injured, we saw what Chelsea and others did to your defence. Sure he doesn't deserve all the credit, but the point is your backline isn't as good.

no it isnt that good, but man utd's isnt that much better.

you are an absolute goose, the chelsea game that we lost 3-1 was thanks to two goals from corners, we conceded one other from drogba, but conceding one goal from open play against a top quality side is not that bad.

Eto'o will sign for Inter today according to his agent, on the condition 'there are no surprises'.

As soon as Eto'o signs, Barcelona will talk to Ibrahimovic even though there's been an agreement for days already.

no it isnt that good, but man utd's isnt that much better.

you are an absolute goose, the chelsea game that we lost 3-1 was thanks to two goals from corners, we conceded one other from drogba, but conceding one goal from open play against a top quality side is not that bad.
it was plain to see your backline took a hammering in his notable absence, regardless of where the goals came from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't mind him.

First I've heard that link.

Good news!

After Poulsen to from Juve by the sounds of it. Its between your lot and Fenerbache. For the 7 mill itd cost it would be a fantastic deal I think. Had a bad time at Juve but has still played some wonderful football before that

Don't think it was be as appealing to his bank balance though

Pompey would win that if the Arab owners follow City's lead.

Don't think it was be as appealing to his bank balance though

Pompey would win that if the Arab owners follow City's lead.

Fenerbache would be the most appealing to his bank account I think.

Looks like Dean Ashton is gone to Stoke City from us. Came back in horrible shape this pre season and GZ wants to off him and replace him with Gudjohnsenn. Hard to miss something you never really had but its a shame he wont get a chance to prove himself with us

Stoke have a decent strike force if they sign Ashton. Him, Fuller and Beattie are more then handy. Can't see them going down if they fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back