Centreline: C.Morton, C.Bruce, S.Buckley

Half-Forwards: B.Green, M.Bate, A.Davey

Forwards: P.Johnson, C.Sylvia, A.Maric

Followers: M.Jamar, C.Bartram, J.McDonald

Interchange: L.Dunn, A.Wonaeamirri, S.Valenti, S.Martin

Emergencies: N.Carroll, N.Jones, J.White

IN: B.Green, P.Wheatley, A.Wonaeamirri
OUT: B.Miller (Inj – Hamstring), N.Jones, M.Newton

The loss of Lucas was expected but I think Brad Miller is an equally significant loss for Melbourne. A bonus for us.

I like some of these match ups, particularly through the middle...The likes of Lovett, Dyson etc could come right into this game in the second half...

Nathan Jones is a bit stiff to be dropped.

Would've like to have seen Hooker play in this game, (Even though his last game for Bendigo wasn't that good) with Lucas not playing...

Lovett is a good in.

I'm assuming that Lloyd is going to play up the ground again so with Lucas not playing it gives Laycock or NLM the chance to bag 3 or 4 goals maybe even more.

I wish Neagle or Gumbleton was playing. It would be great to see them playing as a focus point in the forward line. Shame they can't play.

Melbourne's forward line is seriously undermanned and Essendons backline should be able to handle it easily.

Any chance of a late change due to a 'virus' if the weather is crappy, looking it up now and Bureau of Meterology suggests that it will be cold and crappy, drop maybe a Micheal, for say a Magin, as they really dont have any tall forwards apart from Johnson, and Bate, 2, we have 3 key backs(Micheal, Fletcher and Ryder) and another 2 third tall defenders (Atkinson and NLM) just dont think that we set up that structurally well, maybe planning for a loss,

Thoughts...??

Any chance of a late change due to a 'virus' if the weather is crappy, looking it up now and Bureau of Meterology suggests that it will be cold and crappy, drop maybe a Micheal, for say a Magin, as they really dont have any tall forwards apart from Johnson, and Bate, 2, we have 3 key backs(Micheal, Fletcher and Ryder) and another 2 third tall defenders (Atkinson and NLM) just dont think that we set up that structurally well, maybe planning for a loss,

Thoughts...??

we dont set up that well... we have too many tall defenders and too little genuine tall forward targets to stretch the demon defence.. therefore mal goes to FF.. i dont care if he doesnt kick a few goals just get it down there long to him he will spill a few packs cause some contests for the likes of jetta monfries and lonergan to crumb

we dont set up that well... we have too many tall defenders and too little genuine tall forward targets to stretch the demon defence.. therefore mal goes to FF.. i dont care if he doesnt kick a few goals just get it down there long to him he will spill a few packs cause some contests for the likes of jetta monfries and lonergan to crumb

yes, maybe, but IMO that the forward set up we had last week with the inclusion of Mcphee to CHF will be all we need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts...??

Yep, we are planning for a loss. :rolleyes:

C'mon, seriously dude. Fletch can play on smalls and Ryder is very mobile so we aren't too big.

NLM and Atkinson are quick and agile.

Lovett is quick and replaces a slow and out of form Lucas.

Thoughts...??

You would have to think that there is a big chance for a late change. Unless they plan on playing either one off Michael, Fletch or Ryder:thumbsu: forward it could be another case like ANZAC day and being to top heavy.

The start off last week match with Lonegan and Reimer starting up forward and Lucas and Laycock starting on the bench. Hopefully they take there run and gun gameplan into the match, apart from creating a contest Laycock and Lucas were nothing more than witches hats last week

yes, maybe, but IMO that the forward set up we had last week with the inclusion of Mcphee to CHF will be all we need.

with the new roles of monfries and lloyd i really dont think mcphee is needed tbh..
all three lead up to the wings and around the HF line and all 3 use their work ethic to gain an advantage over their opponents.. imo 3 lead up HF's is too many which is probably why mcphee has been in defence a bit lately. unless we use mcphee a lot deeper in the forward line i would rather him in defence to be honest. if we use him deeper then his fitness doesnt become a great advantage..

We should drop Mal coz hes been peforming well and replace him with a skinny kid who would be lucky to weigh 65kgs to go with the other change of a tall for a small. :rolleyes: Dont the Dees have a few tall defenders as well?

Big game for Laycock, a lot of signs point to Fletcher going forward but he has never really kicked straight when he has gone there in the past so maybe someone else.

Thoughts...??

Atkinson tall:confused::confused:

Thoughts...??

Fletcher and Ryder can both play small aswell. But with that note I'm more worried about Wonnemari and Davey than their talls.

melbourne start with paul johnson in the forward line so mal can play on him. mcphee will play at CHF so with lloydy and the resting ruckman we will have enough marking targets.

from an essendon point of view they were good outs for melbourne. jones is one of their only guys who can win the contested ball whilst miller has been their best forward easily over the past 6 weeks. even newton who hasn't done much has talent. i can't see them kicking a winning score now.

if we are any chance to make finals this has got to be a percentage booster for us

Wouldn't be surprised with a late change for your boys either as I can't see an obvious matchup for Michael in defense. Fletcher will go to Johnson (who should be too quick for Michael) and Ryder to Bate I would imagine. What's his form been like when he's been thrown forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back