Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 issues with that side: what if we lose Waite? Who is the 2nd ruck to give MK a spell?

Next year it's time for Kruezer to be the man , he thrives on the work and he will do most of it with a small chop out from Boyd who is already doing this at GWS in his first year .
Regarding Waite , i think he will stay but if he goes perhaps white can go forward and play third tall with Watson/Giles in the bp ?
Everitt is also a tall third swingman .

Ok then, let me just say I remain unconvinced and would prefer to keep Levi and retain pick 6.

Fair enough Azul

On face value it may look like we're selling the farm but we have to be practical.

1. We won't get the KPF we want/need with pick #6.
2. Garlett as a stand-alone is no better than a pick #40.........unfortunately.
3. Casboult would be a what? Pick #30 odd?

No doubt we still need mids but to have a bona-fide KPF forward for 10 years is more than just a little appealing.
All that aside, Boyd may only be part of the puzzle as we don't yet know who may be coming our way.

Again, we're looking at numbers and not talent.

This is true. If Boyd's ceiling is to become an elite 10/10 tall forward, and Casboult's ceiling is a solid 7, and Pick 5-6 was a 7 or 8/10 prospect, we need only a 4 or 5/10 to fill the other spot on the list. A 7 and an 8 are going to be best 22 every week. The replacement 5 is not and will eventually be taken over by a 7 or an 8. It's those 10 prospects that you have to get where you can. We need elite talent on the list.

Of course, this logic hurts us when we consider why Saints would make the deal, and the only reason I can see is that they might want solid numbers in their side. I just don't see it though. #1 sells hope. #5 and Casboult sells 'wait and see'.

Boyd will be at gws, no chance he goes to Carlton

Okay, we know what you think. It's a Carlton board rumour thread. Let them hypothesise instead of repeating yourself.

No doubt we still need mids but to have a bona-fide KPF forward for 10 years is more than just a little appealing.
All that aside, Boyd may only be part of the puzzle as we don't yet know who may be coming our way.

A star forward alone won't deliver success. We had dual Coleman medallist Fev for 10 years... :(

I think at this stage we do need a little quantity over quality. Judd, Carrazzo, Simpson, Waite all the wrong side of 30.

This is what I took out of my last conversation with me mate:

Carlton:
In: Boyd
Out: Pick 5/6 + Casbolt, Garlett

St Kilda
In: pick 5/6 + Casbolt
Out: pick 1

GWS
In: pick 1 & Garlett
Out: Boyd

Win win wn for all.

I've thought about this further overnight and I'm now calling massive bullshit to this one !!

If the Saints were prepared to trade #1, then why wouldn't we just give them #5 & Casboult for it and then draft Wright or McCartin with pick 1 ??

We all know that the only place Garlett is going to head to is Perth and regardless of where his head is at presently, he will still command a second-rounder.

Boyd is a player of some talent & potential but he hasn't turned games on their heads like a big dominant forward might so there are no guarantees he will be the superstar we hope he would. Furthermore, there is no goddam way GWS will trade him whilst Patton is out injured.

Sorry, this is porky-pies of the highest order !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what I took out of my last conversation with me mate:

Carlton:
In: Boyd
Out: Pick 5/6 + Casbolt, Garlett

St Kilda
In: pick 5/6 + Casbolt
Out: pick 1

GWS
In: pick 1 & Garlett
Out: Boyd

Win win wn for all.

Sorry to burst your bubble mate, Saints wouldn't partake in that deal. I'd much rather get Petracca/McCartin or directly do a deal with GWS for Boyd, than get Casboult and a Durdin/Brayshaw.

*Sorry for the intrusion guys haha

Sorry to burst your bubble mate, Saints wouldn't partake in that deal. I'd much rather get Petracca/McCartin or directly do a deal with GWS for Boyd, than get Casboult and a Durdin/Brayshaw.

*Sorry for the intrusion guys haha
Pretty impressive getting the Saints List Manager on our board. Welcome. :thumbsu:

Pretty impressive getting the Saints List Manager on our board. Welcome. :thumbsu:

Cheers for the sarcasm haha, no but honestly, I just don't really see the logic behind it. I mean, yeah Casboult is a good young player, but why dangle the pick 1 to Carlton when we can get something better, i.e. pick 1 for pick 3 and Jaksch (which in my view is probably more what we'd be after), as we need a swingman.

Cheers for the sarcasm haha, no but honestly, I just don't really see the logic behind it. I mean, yeah Casboult is a good young player, but why dangle the pick 1 to Carlton when we can get something better, i.e. pick 1 for pick 3 and Jaksch (which in my view is probably more what we'd be after), as we need a swingman.
You're having a laugh if you think that's more realistic than a 5 pick downgrade and Casboult.

A star forward alone won't deliver success. We had dual Coleman medallist Fev for 10 years... :(

I think at this stage we do need a little quantity over quality. Judd, Carrazzo, Simpson, Waite all the wrong side of 30.
Problem being is we didn't have someone of the quality of Henderson to play with Fev long term. Kennedy was just finding his feet when we shipped him off for the best player in the game.

It should've been Whitnall to go with Fev, but he started having his injury issues just when Fev started getting great.

You're having a laugh if you think that's more realistic than a 5 pick downgrade and Casboult.
A gws upgrade for them to get petracca is a possible deal. I think he was just using that as an example, whether they use jaksch or another player/pick to get the deal done is another thing. For jaksch the saints would probably have to put something in though I agree. He is making the point that is the type of age/player the saints are trying to top up with, not a player like casboult.

Of course that's what you'd be after because there is no chance that would happen. You don't downgrade 2 picks at the top end of the draft to effectively gain a second first round selection, even if he does want to return home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back