Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont like the deal MS3 has said will happen.. Its too much...

Pick 5/6 is like a Yarran. Then we also get rid of Garlett and Casboult?? No way..
We get rid of Casboult and what happens when Kreuzer gets injured again?? This has been Casboults break out season. Another full pre season under him and I reckon he will flourish next year.. Not to mention he is very durable.
Would people here give up Yarran, Casboult and Garlett for Boyd? Because that's essentially what we are proposing. There's every chance our first pick will be a ripper. For Boyd I would think our first rounder and Garlett is sufficient, with a swap of their early 4th rounder for our 3rd rounder.
I wouldn't be giving up two players and our first pick.. Its overs in my opinion.
Go back over the last 10 years of drafts and see what pick 5/6 can get you..

2004 Buddy Franklin
2005 Scott Pendelbury
2006 Travis Boak
2007 David Myers (Fail)
2008 Chris Yarran
2009 Ben Cunnington
2010 Jared Polec
2011 Chad Wingard
2012 Jack MaCrae
2013 Kade Kardashian

We picked up Menzel at pick 11... So pick 5 or 6 can get you a ripper...
Pick 5-6 can also be a bust.

I think you're forgetting what we get in return. Tom Boyd is nothing to sneeze at.

Pick 5-6 can also be a bust.

I think you're forgetting what we get in return. Tom Boyd is nothing to sneeze at.
Of course it can be a bust... So can pick 1. Boyd to me could be the gun we need.. But the games Ive seen so far haven't shown me anything of yet, that he will be the next Johnno Brown either (apart from the size of the lad).. Not to say he wont be, but it is still speculative as to what he will turn into.. What If he turns out to be another Jack Watts? I just think 2 players and our first rounder is too much..
Pick 1's haven't all come on... Tom Scully, David Swallow, Jack Watts and Kreuzer and Patton are injury prone and struggle to get on the park...

Last edited:
I dont like the deal MS3 has said will happen.. Its too much...

Pick 5/6 is like a Yarran. Then we also get rid of Garlett and Casboult?? No way..
We get rid of Casboult and what happens when Kreuzer gets injured again?? This has been Casboults break out season. Another full pre season under him and I reckon he will flourish next year.. Not to mention he is very durable.
Would people here give up Yarran, Casboult and Garlett for Boyd? Because that's essentially what we are proposing. There's every chance our first pick will be a ripper. For Boyd I would think our first rounder and Garlett is sufficient, with a swap of their early 4th rounder for our 3rd rounder.
I wouldn't be giving up two players and our first pick.. Its overs in my opinion.
Go back over the last 10 years of drafts and see what pick 5/6 can get you..

2004 Buddy Franklin
2005 Scott Pendelbury
2006 Travis Boak
2007 David Myers (Fail)
2008 Chris Yarran
2009 Ben Cunnington
2010 Jared Polec
2011 Chad Wingard
2012 Jack MaCrae
2013 Kade Kardashian

We picked up Menzel at pick 11... So pick 5 or 6 can get you a ripper...

Wait, we don't get both pick 5 and 6 and you can't cherry pick the best from each pick each year and hold them up as representative of the quality we could get.

If you list both pick 5 and pick 6 for each of those years, the strike rate is about 50%.

2004 Buddy Franklin/Tom Williams
2005 Scott Pendelbury/Beau Dowler
2006 Travis Boak/Mitchell Thorp
2007 Jarrad Grant/David Myers
2008 Michael Hurley/Chris Yarran
2009 Ben Cunnington/Gary Rohan
2010 Jared Polec/Reece Conca
2011 Matt Buntine/Chad Wingard
2012 Jake Stringer/Jackson Macrae
2013 Kade Kolodjashnij/Matthew Scharenberg

Wait, we don't get both pick 5 and 6 and you can't cherry pick the best from each pick each year and hold them up as representative of the quality we could get.

If you list both pick 5 and pick 6 for each of those years, the strike rate is about 50%.

Yeah but arguably some of those players are better than pick one in their respective drafts, so if you get it right, you can win big time (was the point I was trying to make)... Every pick position has busts, but we haven't got a douche running our recruitment department anymore so we have less chance than before of drafting a dud that early in the draft... I just think the deal proposed is overs.. Anyway thats my opinion..

Are you guys seriously entertaining the notion of trading Watson for this guy:

Farren+Ray+Sam+Grimley+AFL+Rd+20+St+Kilda+VLEb4SLAPTcl.jpg

HE'S NOT EVEN LOOKING AT THE BALL!

Look at him in these ones:

Sam+Grimley+St+Kilda+v+Hawthorn+WRGKzARQQcrl.jpg

Sam+Grimley+vU4gjuT5stlm.jpg

WHAT ARE YOU SO SCARED OF GRIMEY? ITS JUST A STOPPAGE!

And then there's this one:

Tom+Scully+Sam+Grimley+aGaox5Gnffum.jpg

I DONT EVEN KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN.

Thank you for your time Steven Tyler but you can hold onto Hampson 2.0 "The spuddening" :thumbsu:
Grimley goes ok hey!

Weird way to express your point. The strike rate may be 50%, but there are some absolute elite guns in Franklin, Pandles, Boak, Wingard.

I'm confident Kolodjashnij and Macrae will be A-graders. Cunnington is a severely underrated inside mid.

Nice. Beats up on a VFL squad with 8 AFL listed players.
Relax mate, was just responding to invinciblues hilarious crack at Grimmers last week!
I hope Grimley gets a game against Collingwood on Friday night, just to hopefully increase his trade value
He is leading the Coleman medal in the VFL with less than 40 goals :eek:

Weird way to express your point. The strike rate may be 50%, but there are some absolute elite guns in Franklin, Pandles, Boak, Wingard.

I'm confident Kolodjashnij and Macrae will be A-graders. Cunnington is a severely underrated inside mid.

My point was that he listed the best one of pick 5 or 6 from those years whereas listing all of them would show that these picks can be hit and miss regardless of the quality of some of the players listed. I'm making no judgment on the players as such, just the picks and their history of success.

Relax mate, was just responding to invinciblues hilarious crack at Grimmers last week!
I hope Grimley gets a game against Collingwood on Friday night, just to hopefully increase his trade value

Do you guys actually rate Grimley ? Is there any reason why you are trying to trade him out?

If we were to say hypothetically give you guys our third round pick for him what would you do with it?

My point was that he listed the best one of pick 5 or 6 from those years whereas listing all of them would show that these picks can be hit and miss regardless of the quality of some of the players listed. I'm making no judgment on the players as such, just the picks and their history of success.

With pick 6 we could get the next Macrae or Wingard.

Or we could get someone exceedingly average like Myers.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's called the Frosty Miller Medal, named after an ex-Carlton player.

I've thought about this further overnight and I'm now calling massive bullshit to this one !!

If the Saints were prepared to trade #1, then why wouldn't we just give them #5 & Casboult for it and then draft Wright or McCartin with pick 1 ??

We all know that the only place Garlett is going to head to is Perth and regardless of where his head is at presently, he will still command a second-rounder.

Boyd is a player of some talent & potential but he hasn't turned games on their heads like a big dominant forward might so there are no guarantees he will be the superstar we hope he would. Furthermore, there is no goddam way GWS will trade him whilst Patton is out injured.

Sorry, this is porky-pies of the highest order !!
Pretty happy for you to just ignore my posts Sheik. I'm very comfortable with how close my source is to the inner sanctum of the club, so calling it porky-pies is just foolish!!!

There is just so much in your post to get stuck into, I won't bother wasting my time!!!

Pretty happy for you to just ignore my posts Sheik. I'm very comfortable with how close my source is to the inner sanctum of the club, so calling it porky-pies is just foolish!!!

There is just so much in your post to get stuck into, I won't bother wasting my time!!!

Ms3 what have you heard about Jaksch?
I'd also love to hear!

I think we'll all enjoy you getting stuck in to him

Sheik is a member of GWS by the way

Feel free to get stuck into whatever you feel like.

In this instance, I reckon your mate is having a lend of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back