Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys. Let's be realistic here. Boyd would be great. But with Patton going down and Boyd under contract, he will be hard to get. Let's target jaksch. Second rounder won't get it done. Let's put our first out there. Say pick 5/6 for jaksch, their end of first rounder and second round pick. They need to use 3 picks in the draft, picks 3/4 (depending on frawley), pick 5/6 and say their third rounder on finlayson (academy player). We then hit the draft with 3 picks between 20-30. Just from reading the mock drafts there looks like some handy players around that mark. Plus we get jaksch with 2 years development.
Just a thought

I would say this is very unlikely. However with st kilda you never know, their trading of recent times has been very spasmodic
- pick 8 for andrew lovett
- pick 14 for tom lee

You never know it all depends on who they rate as number 1. I have a feeling st kilda may be after Jake Lever most of all as a general in their backline who has captaincy written all over him (vic metro U18 captain as a 17 year old) and in that case they get a serviceable forward in casboult and lever for pick 1

Of course that's what you'd be after because there is no chance that would happen. You don't downgrade 2 picks at the top end of the draft to effectively gain a second first round selection, even if he does want to return home.

Yeah it doesn't matter if it doesn't happen. I'm not fussed either way. If we can't get overs for pick 1, we'll just go to the draft, its just that simple. Just can't see us parting with Pick 1 for Pick 5 and Casboult. Because its pretty even steven for Petracca/McCartin/Wright, in terms of talent, we wouldn't forgo the opportunity of getting one of those guys for Casboult, I'm willing to bet we'd rather target a midfielder from GWS, and it seems far more likely that a deal will be done with them.

I would say this is very unlikely. However with st kilda you never know, their trading of recent times has been very spasmodic
- pick 8 for andrew lovett
- pick 14 for tom lee

You never know it all depends on who they rate as number 1. I have a feeling st kilda may be after Jake Lever most of all as a general in their backline who has captaincy written all over him (vic metro U18 captain as a 17 year old) and in that case they get a serviceable forward in casboult and lever for pick 1

haha pick 16 for Andrew Lovett. pick 12 for Tom Lee, Pick 24, Pick 43. (note, this was when we were trying to get the age-wise balance of our list back into shape, therefore opting for Tom Lee, Nathan Wright and Josh Saunders - all have shown a bit). But absolutely, we could certainly rate Jake Lever as pick 1, not sure we'd want Casboult though.

Yeah it doesn't matter if it doesn't happen. I'm not fussed either way. If we can't get overs for pick 1, we'll just go to the draft, its just that simple. Just can't see us parting with Pick 1 for Pick 5 and Casboult. Because its pretty even steven for Petracca/McCartin/Wright, in terms of talent, we wouldn't forgo the opportunity of getting one of those guys for Casboult, I'm willing to bet we'd rather target a midfielder from GWS, and it seems far more likely that a deal will be done with them.
It all comes down to who your recruiters have fallen in love with really. Obviously won't happen if you want one of those guys, but if there is a specific player you want that will be there a little lower, of course its a possibility. Just depends what range that player falls in who you would consider trading with.

This is true. If Boyd's ceiling is to become an elite 10/10 tall forward, and Casboult's ceiling is a solid 7, and Pick 5-6 was a 7 or 8/10 prospect, we need only a 4 or 5/10 to fill the other spot on the list. A 7 and an 8 are going to be best 22 every week. The replacement 5 is not and will eventually be taken over by a 7 or an 8. It's those 10 prospects that you have to get where you can. We need elite talent on the list.

Of course, this logic hurts us when we consider why Saints would make the deal, and the only reason I can see is that they might want solid numbers in their side. I just don't see it though. #1 sells hope. #5 and Casboult sells 'wait and see'.
Can you elaborate on why pick five and Casboult doesn't sell hope?

Pick five adds the hope that we can get a quick onballer or a KPD. I would love to see Ahern mentored by Thomas, Yarran, Murphy and Simpson. Another quick indigenous kid would go well with Walker and Yazz.

Wouldn't Casboult and Durdin/Lever/Ahern add more to a bottom team's list than one player?

They traded McEvoy to secure Dunstan, a pick upgrade (Hartung to Acres) and Savage. Moving down four picks isn't a bad move to get two for the price of one.

As MS3 said if St kilda have 5 or so kids they can't differentiate between then the pick down grade gets them casbolt (a proven afl level KPF) for free.

Say they draft a KPF and get cas then they have their forward posts sorted for when Captn nick packs it in.

Having said that if they have the chosen recruit they desperately want they won't part with pick 1 it depends on what their recruiting department have in mind.

West coast did it last year as they were targeting Yeo they done graded knowing he was the kid they wanted and got something for free (can't remember if it was a 2nd rounder or something)

Having said that if they have the chosen recruit they desperately want they won't part with pick 1 it depends on what their recruiting department have in mind.

West coast did it last year as they were targeting Yeo they done graded knowing he was the kid they wanted and got something for free (can't remember if it was a 2nd rounder or something)
They downgraded to get Sheed (Pick 6 to Pick 11) and effectively picked up a second round pick for doing so. I think they traded their actual 2nd rounder for Yeo then used the pick from Collingwood to draft someone.

They downgraded to get Sheed (Pick 6 to Pick 11) and effectively picked up a second round pick for doing so. I think they traded their actual 2nd rounder for Yeo then used the pick from Collingwood to draft someone.
That sounds right.

We don't know what else other clubs (in this case St kilda) are planning on face value it looks average for them but it may fall in with other plans they have in the pipeline

S
st kilda are looking for players under 22. They won't take any free agents for a couple of years due to the age attached to them. Riewoldt hopes to go for another two years, st kilda will be worse before they get better theirs no doubt about that. Hopefully for my sake Stanley, White and lee begin to improve and mccartin or another young forward would come in.

You do realise this is not the St Kilda trade thread.

It's a Rumour thread.

I'm pretty sure you have your own Board to discuss the trade period and the draft.

With respect, isn't there the same hype around McCartin and Petracca? Boyd is a former 1 pick with 1 year of development in him. GWS effectively loose and 1 pick but gain one.
Boyd was rated far higher than McCartin is now too. Pick 1 this year isn't as good as pick 1 last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to burst your bubble mate, Saints wouldn't partake in that deal. I'd much rather get Petracca/McCartin or directly do a deal with GWS for Boyd, than get Casboult and a Durdin/Brayshaw.

*Sorry for the intrusion guys haha

There is NO WAY Boyd would even consider St Kilda haha

Clearly the saints are enamoured with Levi after he kicked a bag against them. Thanks Levi.

directly do a deal with GWS for Boyd
Whilst he is contracted he has to agree to go to the club. The reason why Boyd is linked to Carlton is there is a possible chance he will commit to Carlton due to being a supporter.

Boyd.. and the rest of the football world would never commit to St Kilda on the other hand. They're more of a basket case then Melbourne... or even worse. Their history is absolute pitiful and although there are many young players in the team. A small percentage of them are actually any good.

Whilst he is contracted he has to agree to go to the club. The reason why Boyd is linked to Carlton is there is a possible chance he will commit to Carlton due to being a supporter.

Boyd.. and the rest of the football world would never commit to St Kilda on the other hand. They're more of a basket case then Melbourne... or even worse. Their history is absolute pitiful and although there are many young players in the team. A small percentage of them are actually any good.

That last part is a bit harsh.

Would rather focus on the Boyd family's fanatical support of the CFC

Wasn't there talk of Toby Greene possibly being on his way out ? his stats are looking good the past 4 weeks , 133 disposals @ 67% efficiency, 27 tackles, 15 clearances 33 marks and a goal.

His efficiency could be better but if you take out today's game he had it sitting at 75 for 91 disposals.

the saints already had kosi to take great marks and then spray the ball in every direction? as a great man once said "fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - can't get fooled again."
Bush's speechwriters behind the screen stuffing their fists in their mouths every time he went off-page. Hilarious/terrifying...

I dont like the deal MS3 has said will happen.. Its too much...

Pick 5/6 is like a Yarran. Then we also get rid of Garlett and Casboult?? No way..
We get rid of Casboult and what happens when Kreuzer gets injured again?? This has been Casboults break out season. Another full pre season under him and I reckon he will flourish next year.. Not to mention he is very durable.
Would people here give up Yarran, Casboult and Garlett for Boyd? Because that's essentially what we are proposing. There's every chance our first pick will be a ripper. For Boyd I would think our first rounder and Garlett is sufficient, with a swap of their early 4th rounder for our 3rd rounder.
I wouldn't be giving up two players and our first pick.. Its overs in my opinion.
Go back over the last 10 years of drafts and see what pick 5/6 can get you..

2004 Buddy Franklin
2005 Scott Pendelbury
2006 Travis Boak
2007 David Myers (Fail)
2008 Chris Yarran
2009 Ben Cunnington
2010 Jared Polec
2011 Chad Wingard
2012 Jack MaCrae
2013 Kade Kardashian

We picked up Menzel at pick 11... So pick 5 or 6 can get you a ripper...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back