Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats Mr Lance to you

You like being controversial... but what I have gathered from three years of posting with you is that all roads lead to Shaun McKernan

Mr. Lance ................. pffft, Master Lance more like it.

I like being controversial ?? That's news to me but thanks for letting me know.

All roads lead to Shaun McKernan ?? I think you are trying too hard now.

The last year of his current contract was estimated to be ~ 500k as it was back ended.

Okay, we are on the same page here as I thought that was it too, big money now on a back-ended deal which had to be done that way with Judd and a few others getting theirs up front. His average annual wage was more like mid $300's ($340-350K).

I believe he has been offered two-years @ $430K from North whilst we are offering 1-year only at his average wage.

North are offering 1 year with option of second. As are we.

I highly doubt Waite will leave Carlton for an extra couple of dollars per year. Players don't move clubs for an extra 100k or so. Especially a father-son like Waite who is Carlton.

I reckon the dockers and the cats would be mad not to have a crack at Waite for a year or 2 as he could be the difference between a prelim and a premiership.
It did occur to me that Freo would be interested in Waite for the reason you mentioned TP.

I highly doubt Waite will leave Carlton for an extra couple of dollars per year. Players don't move clubs for an extra 100k or so. Especially a father-son like Waite who is Carlton.

Bugger that, I'd move for $100K !!! :D

North may be a bit further down the track than that now, two other Melbourne based clubs sniffing too (probably Bulldogs & Saints), no interstate clubs presently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bugger that, I'd move for $100K !!! :D

North may be a bit further down the track than that now, two other Melbourne based clubs sniffing too (probably Bulldogs & Saints), no interstate clubs presently.

According to who?

While I agree that I doubt Waite would leave for a few extra dollars I think an extra 100 K would be hard to turn down. If 100K is the difference in offer then I think it is very likely he would go.

Option performances based?

I would, even if my dad was Carlton's greatest ever player, and I swore to him on this death bed that i'd never leave Carlton

Probably do it for a lot less than $100 k, too.

But that's just me

ps - Estal 1, how do you get 12500 posts in less than 2 years? you must be averaging around 18 a day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back