Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon he'd be in a world of trouble if he wasn't contracted. A club might want to trade for him anyway.

Maybe Sydney ??

They wouldn't have to pay him much which suits their cap and they might fancy they can do with him what they did with Ted Richards ... Both unfashionable and slow at this early stage of their careers but not much risk for potentially high rewards ??

Reckon he'd be in a world of trouble if he wasn't contracted. A club might want to trade for him anyway.

Maybe Sydney ??

They wouldn't have to pay him much which suits their cap and they might fancy they can do with him what they did with Ted Richards ... Both unfashionable and slow at this early stage of their careers but not much risk for potentially high rewards ??

Waite has been the Waite we wish he always would be since he returned from purgatory a month or so ago. Before that, for all of this year and too often in years prior, he has been the Waite we wish he would not be: inconsistent, suspended, injured. And overpaid for it.

I love red hot Waite and want him to stay. Norf are welcome to the other one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For $100k (more like an extra $50k net) would you really leave a club when you are a father/son pick and have spent so long there?

Would be a pretty low act for mine. It's not like Carlton is saying "We aren't offering you a contract at all", in which case I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Wonder what Vin would advise his son.

We put up with season of after season of poor discipline, injuries, idiotic suspensions, questionable application... and now that he's finally strung a handful of games together, his first move is to burn the club to chase cash?

You'd hope it doesn't come true. If it does, it's a pretty bad look unfortunately. :(

For $100k (more like an extra $50k net) would you really leave a club when you are a father/son pick and have spent so long there?

Would be a pretty low act for mine. It's not like Carlton is saying "We aren't offering you a contract at all", in which case I wouldn't have a problem with it.

It's not $100K difference, it's $500K !!

So you're telling me Norf are offering 800k minimum per year?

Please Sheik.

Let Waite go. I don't understand why the undying love for him. He has disappointed us for so long and now he plays a stretch of decent games we are throwing money at him. 10 years to late. Seriously, what is the upside of keeping him? Will he be the difference to drive us to a premiership in the next two years. I think we really know that answer.

And while we are on it, I'm hoping Carrazzo calls it a day. Even if his body stands up to a preseason, he will suffer the same fate as Scotland did this year.

It's not $100K difference, it's $500K !!

Serious??? If that is the case he would be gone and you can't really blame him for that sort of coin as he probably only has a year or so left in the tank. I would love him to stay but even if he does I can't see his consistency improving, you'll get your good games and bad games out of him at a rate of 13-16 games per season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back