Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny you say that.

He actually posted pretty decent times for his sprints.. I'm sure A_M has then up on Matthew Watsons page in the Player Watch board.

If we actually got a look at Watson then I'd say we'd have a superior indication.

Really? That surprises me.

I went to 4 trainings this preseason and watched him very closely as I believed him to be the key to a successful season. In all the drills where he was defending he was often found out by what looked to be a lack of pace and slow awareness.

If Waite wants to chase one big final contract after we've stood by him throughout this 3 year deal when he couldn't get himself on the park then he can p*** off. If there is one player on our list that actually owe's us it's him. Not happy!

Yeah. He took a pretty big contract last time and never delivered on it, so it would be very self serving to go chasing more coin somewhere else this time round. Kind of reminds me of those guys who take your money to renovate your homes and then move on before finishing the job to take a big deposit of the next schmo. If Waite leaves, I reckon we should call ACA to do one of those "why didn't you finish the job" interviews as he's trying to leave his house :D

I went to 4 trainings this preseason and watched him very closely as I believed him to be the key to a successful season. In all the drills where he was defending he was often found out by what looked to be a lack of pace and slow awareness.
In my opinion he lacks repeat efforts and takes an age to recover from a contest...if he actually makes an impact on said contest.

Plenty to work on.

I remember kouta doing it against essendon, but I thought it was a marking contest (I'm likely wrong).

Nah, you are right. It was against Essendon in a marking contest - I was there. He was right at the peak of his form, taking games in the palm of those massive dukes that he used to pick up footballs one handed. Gut wrenching stuff....

That or hand pick the actual rumours from here and put them in a consistent format in a locked thread stuck at the top

eg

Poster:

Rumour:

Source: If provided

Poster record: ranking from 1-5 of reliability

Outcome:

Then you could rename this Rumour discussion thread and give it more flexibility
I really like this idea - it would be a little bit of work but i'm sure it would be a really positive thread on the Carlton board.
Aphrodite
I'm not sure how bigfooty works with who can post in a thread but if you felt it was too much work for yourself and the mods alone, could you allow some common posters on the board to quote the original rumours posted in the current rumour thread into the purely rumour thread which would be locked to general conversation?

I really like this idea - it would be a little bit of work but i'm sure it would be a really positive thread on the Carlton board.
Aphrodite
I'm not sure how bigfooty works with who can post in a thread but if you felt it was too much work for yourself and the mods alone, could you allow some common posters on the board to quote the original rumours posted in the current rumour thread into the purely rumour thread which would be locked to general conversation?
Great idea from you and Kruzering, could also add the post/page number (if possible), so if you wanted to see some chat about it you start there.

I probably only come here once or twice a week and check the injuries, rumours and Ants thread and I just spent over an hour skim reading this thread for any rumours. I can understand how it gets derailed and people who are here alot probably dont mind going through a few pages of chat, but we seldom readers need to read 10-20 pages of it.

The above would be a good way to keep everybody happy, except maybe the poor Mod who would do it.

Last edited:
Yeah. He took a pretty big contract last time and never delivered on it, so it would be very self serving to go chasing more coin somewhere else this time round. Kind of reminds me of those guys who take your money to renovate your homes and then move on before finishing the job to take a big deposit of the next schmo. If Waite leaves, I reckon we should call ACA to do one of those "why didn't you finish the job" interviews as he's trying to leave his house :D

Well said mate.

Nah, you are right. It was against Essendon in a marking contest - I was there. He was right at the peak of his form, taking games in the palm of those massive dukes that he used to pick up footballs one handed. Gut wrenching stuff....

Marking Contest , ruck contest!
Either way a part of me died that day!
I dont think we ever saw the best from Kouta.

Wouldn't say it's his straight line speed that is the issue, it's his lack of agility and reaction time. Just not particularly nimble.

Funny you say that.

He actually posted pretty decent times for his sprints.. I'm sure A_M has then up on Matthew Watsons page in the Player Watch board.

If we actually got a look at Watson then I'd say we'd have a superior indication.
are you sure Cringle?
We know you do love Watson, and i could never imagine Watson doing anything near good in terms of sprints.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK hearing this from a Bomber supporting acquaintance:

Ryder to Sydney for TMitch and a low pick say in the 40s

Sounds fair to both parties and meets needs on both sides.
(Assuming Ryder avoids a significant ban).
I would have thought Bellchambers would be the one heading to sydney. His model GF has now moved up their for work and he can't get a run in the seniors.

In my opinion he lacks repeat efforts and takes an age to recover from a contest...if he actually makes an impact on said contest.

Plenty to work on.
This is his downfall in my opinion, he will hit a pack and then stands back waiting for others to attack the footy.

...In our EXCLUSIVE, EXPLOSIVE, EXPLETIVE-LADEN, never-before-shown-on-Earth SPECIAL INVESTIGATIVE REPORT, our ACADEMY AWARD WINNING team goes undercover to reveal Jarrad Waite's darkest, most shocking secret: Other clubs are chasing him for his services in 2015 (shown in black and white and commercial-free ) :drunk:

...In our EXCLUSIVE, EXPLOSIVE, EXPLETIVE-LADEN, never-before-shown-on-Earth SPECIAL INVESTIGATIVE REPORT, our ACADEMY AWARD WINNING team goes undercover to reveal Jarrad Waite's darkest, most shocking secret: Other clubs are chasing him for his services in 2015 (shown in black and white and commercial-free ) :drunk:
now i know where my 6 pack of beer went bro..:D

At last a rumour! Jarrad Waite is Collingwood-bound. :(

OK hearing this from a Bomber supporting acquaintance:

Ryder to Sydney for TMitch and a low pick say in the 40s

Sounds fair to both parties and meets needs on both sides.
(Assuming Ryder avoids a significant ban).

Ryder isn't going anywhere.
Essendon have already come out and said that he's contracted and won't be put up for trade.

Mr Waite ... Mr Waite (chasing him to his car), you took a large sum of money and only did half the work before abandoning the project; now we find you've run off and taken another large payment from a new unsuspecting party. How can you justify taking these payments from people and never completing the work? Mr Waite ... Mr Waite ... will Carlton ever see their money again?

:D

Ryder isn't going anywhere.
Essendon have already come out and said that he's contracted and won't be put up for trade.

I believe Sydney have also denied it. Doesn't make it untrue, nor does it mean it wasn't floated or discussed by either club.

Personally I'm inclined to agree with you although at face value it seems a good deal for Sydney and may address the Bombre's issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back