Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I've taught him not to be a sook.
He's still competitive, and we play games all the time, but when he wins he does so graciously. And when he loses he takes it on the chin.
im more of when we win i love it and i wont ever hide it. when we lose i am a good sport and congratulate others or team.

can somebody help me understand why we dont get compo for Waite leaving ? is it only because we look like getting Higgins ?

Probably will receive nothing anyway as his stats aren't flash, I'm not having a go as I feel he is of importance to our setup and can play the game, however on paper there is nothing really there to sell him, has not been a prolific goal kicker and has finished in our top 10 x 3 times? Not sure how they work it out and I'm pretty sure they're not sure how they work it out.

Ralphy also mentions at the end of his article something about 'his relationship with Malthouse'. Would that have something to do with Waitey possibly leaving?

MS3 mentioned the other day an approach made by CFC to Spenser White's management? Big wraps on the kid but after just 1 senior game of footy it sounds to me like we are definately searching far & wide for a KPF this off-season.

Personally I'd love us to approach GCS and enquire about Tom Lynch. I know he is contracted and about as unlikely to move as Boyd is, but I just reckon Lynch with 50 games under his belt now is just around the corner from becoming elite.

So effectively you have killed the competitive beast inside of him and prevented him from later learning to harness his passion for sport and competing?
I don't understand this response. It has nothing to do with a competitive beast at all. Throwing tantrums when losing is a byproduct of a bad attitude, not competitiveness. Learning to use that failure as ammunition towards improving yourself is the competitive side of things, and that's what good players do. Children who take tantrums through losingto their teenage years and beyond are set on a bad path, and that path isn't success.

can somebody help me understand why we dont get compo for Waite leaving ? is it only because we look like getting Higgins ?
The rules for calculating free agency compensation have been printed on the AFL website - you can probably find them, but they are explained in general terms. It involves using the player's salary in the calculation as well as other factors, so the general public can only speculate on what we will get.

An important factor is whether we bring anyone into the team via FA in the same trade period. The 'bands' the players going in and out belong to are also taken into account, so if we get Higgins and lose Waite, we have probably gained more than we lost in the eyes of the AFL and won't receive any compensation.

Some people tend to believe that even if we don't bring in an FA, Waite will be in the lowest bands of free agents and we will get next to nothing.

I don't understand this response. It has nothing to do with a competitive beast at all. Throwing tantrums when losing is a byproduct of a bad attitude, not competitiveness. Learning to use that failure as ammunition towards improving yourself is the competitive side of things, and that's what good players do. Children who take tantrums through losingto their teenage years and beyond are set on a bad path, and that path isn't success.

Thanks subby, you said it much better than I did.

"sportspersonship" hurts me physically to read.

I'll be booing Waite because for over a decade he's been frustrating us, playing below his abilities, teasing us with good form when it's time for a new contract, and generally doing dumb shit on the field. That is if he leaves of course. If he stays I'll just have to put up with his crap for another year or two.

The rules for calculating free agency compensation have been printed on the AFL website - you can probably find them, but they are explained in general terms. It involves using the player's salary in the calculation as well as other factors, so the general public can only speculate on what we will get.

An important factor is whether we bring anyone into the team via FA in the same trade period. The 'bands' the players going in and out belong to are also taken into account, so if we get Higgins and lose Waite, we have probably gained more than we lost in the eyes of the AFL and won't receive any compensation.

Some people tend to believe that even if we don't bring in an FA, Waite will be in the lowest bands of free agents and we will get next to nothing.

In short, it is open to interpretation as per the rules of the game and can, therefore be seen as the right result regardless of whether it is in fact correct or not and logic does not enter into the equation.

I get that some people enjoy booing, I just don't like it personally. I don't boo anyone, whether they're a former Carlton player, an opposition player, or an umpire. To me it's bad sportspersonship.

There's an exception to every rule MEB
If that filthy cheat hird coaches essendon* against us next year we'll all boo him ... And we'll all like it !!

Really don't like to be the bearer of bad news, but...

*There is a talented Carlton player who is facing the very real prospect that his sacrificial injuries are career threatening :(

I know he has recently played a VFL match or two, but TBH, immediately thought of Kreuz when I read "sacrificial injuries". Is Kreuz ok????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We received no compensation for Betts because of acquiring Thomas, so yeah.

In any case, the Hawks lost a player to Collingwood for nothing because he was considered peripheral. A 31yo with not much left in the tank might receive a similar ruling.

Football is a business. Can't begrudge a guy for trying to squeeze out some extra money or time.
Didn't someone once say "you're a long time retired"?
But MEB, the deals are the same. If Norf were offering more it would an entirely different story.

But MEB, the deals are the same. If Norf were offering more it would an entirely different story.

But, isn't Carlton only offering incentive/condition-based option for 2nd year, vs unconditional 2nd year at Norf? Meh, either way, given how patient CFC has been with Waitey over such a long time, would not be a good look for him.

Actually, he's playing and moving so well. I mean, what kind of condition(s) would CFC be setting that would freak him out of staying?

But, isn't Carlton only offering incentive/condition-based option for 2nd year, vs unconditional 2nd year at Norf? Meh, either way, given how patient CFC has been with Waitey over such a long time, would not be a good look for him.

Actually, he's playing and moving so well. I mean, what kind of condition(s) would CFC be setting that would freak him out of staying?

The latest reports are that both offers are 1 yr + 2nd yr option if he plays enough games.

Even if Norf are offering 2 years guaranteed, why not back yourself in to earn the 2nd year with us?

Hope he realises if it wasn't for the coach he wouldn't be in the form he is now and probably wouldn't have offers from other clubs.
Dont get me wrong Etsal 1.

Im all for Mick and what he is doing!!!
Perhaps Waitey aint.

Lets see how Waitey reacts at the end of the game tomorrow!!!

Final goodbye Maybe!!!

Maybe Not!!

Who Knows!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back