Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

why not?
mind you i agree football is a business and loyalty died about 10 years ago in football and you have to look after your best interests. So its all good. Booing relieves stress, i think Magruder will do it for wellbeing reasons, just like waitey if he does go. win win

I get that some people enjoy booing, I just don't like it personally. I don't boo anyone, whether they're a former Carlton player, an opposition player, or an umpire. To me it's bad sportspersonship.

Really? Hadn't noticed that o_O

That's not what I was questioning.

Sportspersonship is for players. Spectators don't have to support within any such boundaries.

Ahh, I see.

I think it does extend to the supporters/spectators. For example, my nephew used to be the sorest loser on the planet. I kept taking him to the footy to use it to teach him the principles of having good sportspersonship...after every game he now says "good game" rather than bursting into tears and cracking the shits because they lost.

If you don't want to call it sportspersonship because you disagree that we're bound by it, how about we call it appropriate supporter behaviour? I don't think that booing is appropriate, but if other people do then that's their prerogative. I just don't understand why people do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahh, I see.

I think it does extend to the supporters/spectators. For example, my nephew used to be the sorest loser on the planet. I kept taking him to the footy to use it to teach him the principles of having good sportspersonship...after every game he now says "good game" rather than bursting into tears and cracking the shits because they lost.

If you don't want to call it sportspersonship because you disagree that we're bound by it, how about we call it appropriate supporter behaviour? I don't think that booing is appropriate, but if other people do then that's their prerogative. I just don't understand why people do it.

I take it a Carlton supporter then?

Booing is uncivilized and primordial, definitely a need of the masses, but then what's any sport all about?
Let's just move on, if he remains a Baggers great if not then thanks for the years service and let's hope we can attract another.

Ahh, I see.

So effectively you have killed the competitive beast inside of him and prevented him from later learning to harness his passion for sport and competing?

So effectively you have killed the competitive beast inside of him and prevented him from later learning to harness his passion for sport and competing?

No, I've taught him not to be a sook.
He's still competitive, and we play games all the time, but when he wins he does so graciously. And when he loses he takes it on the chin.

can somebody help me understand why we dont get compo for Waite leaving ? is it only because we look like getting Higgins ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back