Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remember what sos said about making tough calls to better the list said it in the interview hmmm. Knows his football I'd be a lot more comfortable in the trade table next year with SOS around their door

To be fair, blind freddy could have swung his cane at the draft board and did awesomely with the amount of premium picks GWS had.
Yes and no, GC had the same pics yet i would rate GWS list better especially if you took out Ablett.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mathieson got what he wanted..............great day for him..............I mean us.

Wait. So are we Matheson? Is this like a fight club, Tyler durdin thing? I'm so confused ;)

The first rule about SOS coming to the club is....

Last edited:
Happy with SOS. Even happier if Treloar and/or Cameron is in his plan. Question I'd have is how would we afford this? Not monetary wise but picks/players.

We're not in a position to throw away any of our good young talent (Menz, Cripps, Yaz, Doc) and can't see a Griffen type in the equation. I'm certainly hoping we don't have a top 4 pick in next years draft that's for sure. Shall be interesting.

Happy with SOS. Even happier if Treloar and/or Cameron is in his plan. Question I'd have is how would we afford this? Not monetary wise but picks/players.

We're not in a position to throw away any of our good young talent (Menz, Cripps, Yaz, Doc) and can't see a Griffen type in the equation. I'm certainly hoping we don't have a top 4 pick in next years draft that's for sure. Shall be interesting.

Treloar or Cameron would be worth a top 5 pick and then some and both will be outright guns in the near future. Highly unlikely we will land one of them but it's nice to dream.

Treloar or Cameron would be worth a top 5 pick and then some and both will be outright guns in the near future. Highly unlikely we will land one of them but it's nice to dream.
If you get one to pick you, you more than likely end up with the player somehow. We found a way to get KJ after initially thinking we wouldn't be able to. I know the Dogs overpaid, but they got Boyd. Players get where they want to go.

If you get one to pick you, you more than likely end up with the player somehow. We found a way to get KJ after initially thinking we wouldn't be able to. I know the Dogs overpaid, but they got Boyd. Players get where they want to go.

History suggests that this is very true. The other club still has to be reasonable with negotiations though. They would be asking for a top 5 pick and a good player and I don't know who that could possibly be on our list (based on them only asking for ones we won't let go).

I don't think the money will be Carlton's hurdle.

It cost the Dogs Ryan Griffen to land Boyd. Would you trade *our* 28 year old captain for Cameron?

I don't think the money will be Carlton's hurdle.

It cost the Dogs Ryan Griffen to land Boyd. Would you trade *our* 28 year old captain for Cameron?
As I said, the Dogs overpaid not just in dollars but in what they traded. I used it as an example as when Boyd first requested a trade to the Dogs the Giants flat out refused. But in the end, the player always ends up at the club they choose. The players have way too much power. Which can be good and bad - depending on if the player if leaving your club (you can get a crappy deal) or someone wants to come to you (get them cheaper sometimes). Brisbane paid pick 21 for Christensen? Perhaps his issues had something to do with it but on paper it looks like Brisbane got him on the cheap.

GWS will demand (rightfully) top 5 picks for Treloar or Shiel. But just like Collingwood playing hardball for Beams, the player gets where they want to go in the end. Collingwood ended up accepting pretty much the same deal that was on the table from day 1 with a nothing player in Crisp thrown in.

History suggests that this is very true. The other club still has to be reasonable with negotiations though. They would be asking for a top 5 pick and a good player and I don't know who that could possibly be on our list (based on them only asking for ones we won't let go).
Treloar should be worth the same Collngwood got for Beams.

As I said, the Dogs overpaid not just in dollars but in what they traded. I used it as an example as when Boyd first requested a trade to the Dogs the Giants flat out refused. But in the end, the player always ends up at the club they choose. The players have way too much power. Which can be good and bad - depending on if the player if leaving your club (you can get a crappy deal) or someone wants to come to you (get them cheaper sometimes). Brisbane paid pick 21 for Christensen? Perhaps his issues had something to do with it but on paper it looks like Brisbane got him on the cheap.

GWS will demand (rightfully) top 5 picks for Treloar or Shiel. But just like Collingwood playing hardball for Beams, the player gets where they want to go in the end. Collingwood ended up accepting pretty much the same deal that was on the table from day 1 with a nothing player in Crisp thrown in.
I think the Beams situation was a little different. Beams had his old man's health as a reason of sorts to head to one of two Queensland sides.
Also, don't forget there was a LOT of talk that Boyd was coming to the club he'd supported all his life at the end of his current contract. He landed at the Dogs only because Griff wanted out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back