Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parker is better than Caddy IMO and seriously underrated because he plays in Sydney and he flies under the radar a bit down here. Pick 11 is a fair trade for him BUT whether or not we should do it is another story as we need to attend to other areas of our list first IMO via the draft and i don't like the idea of us trading away pick 11 this year.

Parker can kick goals and i followed him very closely this year and he is as tough as nails and was hit by injury this year after breaking his jaw early on and 2012 was tipped to be his breakout year after a 30possy a game average in the NAB Cup which followed into the season proper but then the injury came around Rd 5 i think, then he fought hard to break into an established Swan midfield and eventually got a spot in the premiership team. Very surprised Sydney will let him go but i can understand it if he wants to come home to Vic.

Not sure how many weeks he was supposed to be out for with the jaw, but it was said on afl game day i think that his old man pulled him aside n gave his jaw a decent whack to see how bad it was n told him he'd had enough time on the sidelines. Tough as nails, decent pair of wheels on him as well, would love him at the blues unless we can get sometime for Warnock which wont happen... And i very much doubt we'll be apart of the tippet deal.

Parker > Caddy for mine.

Parker for pick 11, come off it.
Indeed. I want to draft our own players. You never know who and what you'll end up with.
Caddy might have Parker in front of goal but Parker has shown more as a genuine mid.
Caddy is a better footballer because he's a better kick. Parker is more your Hannebery type who is also hard, yet isn't a beautiful kick. Put Sloane in the same category.

Caddy is a better footballer because he's a better kick. Parker is more your Hannebery type who is also hard, yet isn't a beautiful kick. Put Sloane in the same category.

Caddy is a much better kick. However, that does not necessarily mean that he is a better footballer or will have as much impact as a guy who isn't quite as effective by foot but puts his body in the right position consistently.

Not contrasting him to Judd but if we were basing "better footballers" purely on their ability to kick the sherrin then Judd's name wouldn't be atop the list.

I love Caddy but I question that with his FIGJAM attitude whether he has the work ethic to reach his maximum potential. What happens when football gets a bit to tough for him at the Cattery? Will he revert back to his self-admitted GCS attitude? With Parker you just get this feeling that he wont accept anything less than one hundred percent. In that vein, Parker seems to be the team lifting type - the type that inspires others to never say die - and at the end of the day I believe we need more of his type than of Caddy's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They denied it so emphatically it was the final paragraph in an article about something else.

Not saying it isn't true, but given the article doesn't even have a cited author it is difficult to rest much weight upon it. Having said that it bears more weight than the vast majority of things stipulated and speculated on here

They denied it so emphatically it was the final paragraph in an article about something else.

Not saying it isn't true, but given the article doesn't even have a cited author it is difficult to rest much weight upon it. Having said that it bears more weight than the vast majority of things stipulated and speculated on here

Well it is something at the least, however talk of parker has been mainly bandied on the crows board. Like a lot of our player actually

Jon Ralph.

Indeed. I want to draft our own players. You never know who and what you'll end up with.

i would have almost put my house on it that Hannebery would have a norm smith hanging around his neck had it not been for ROK'S 15 tackles which is crazy! So if thats his knock i could handle that.

How is this gonna work we just signed him for 3 bloody years??? St.Kilda just have crap burnt-out hasbeens, who we gonna get? Is pick13 a power forward?
well that really depends on what our recruiters think, if we do get 13 we have more options, could go with two mids or one mid+one kpp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back