Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres no they, it was one poster believing too much into a Facebook rumour. He was told that was no chance, it's ridiculous.

Having said that, would Parker for 11 be a fair deal? Pick 11 is speculative whereas with Parker you know you are getting a good young footballer.

Next time you want 1 of our players, maybe you should offer their real worth.
Your on your own muppets - SMALL KARMA.

The recurring theme in this thread from some posters is that we have to be trading, either for draft picks or players. Apparently one of our players did attract the interest of another club, but the general consensus on this board was that under no circumstances should the player in question be traded. In fact if he was traded, many posters were going to be quite pissed off.

There was also suggestions that a certain player from the Gold Coast should have been pursued by our club, with our first round draft pick being considered for such a trade. Again there were posters who would not entertain the idea of trading pick 11 for the player in question.

The reality is, if you want to be participating in trades you have to give something up, generally something of value. You are not going to be able to trade players at the bottom end of your list. Anyone who thinks you can, is dreaming.

To put it in plain terms, you can't hang on to your Tom Bell, or your pick 11, & still expect to be active during the trade period.

I don't buy any of this Mr nice guy talk!
Smart clubs can trade very nicely to make trades favourable to them more often than not.

1n1gjm.jpg

Maybe this is Parker? Peter is his first name.

"Spiderman, Spiderman,
Does whatever a spider can
Spins a web, any size,
Catches thieves just like flies
Look Out!
Here comes the Spiderman.

Is he strong?
Listen bud,
He's got radioactive blood.
Can he swing from a thread
Take a look overhead
Hey, there
There goes the Spiderman.

In the chill of night
At the scene of a crime
Like a streak of light
He arrives just in time.

Spiderman, Spiderman
Friendly neighborhood Spiderman
Wealth and fame
He's ignored
Action is his reward.

To him, life is a great big bang up
Whenever there's a hang up
You'll find the Spider man."

Hell give them 11 and Judd if we can land this fella!!! Go Spidey!!!

For those of you not at the grand final Luke Parker came on as sub for Goodes, if I recall correctly and had a fairly uneventful last quarter.

Whether he's worth pick 11 is debatable but he's a 19yo Victorian mature bodied premiership midfielder.

If we moved on him that would require us freeing up a list spot - to sacrifice the likes of Curnow, Ellard, Duigan or Collins for a 3rd round draft pick.

For those of you not at the grand final Luke Parker came on as sub for Goodes, if I recall correctly and had a fairly uneventful last quarter.

Whether he's worth pick 11 is debatable but he's a 19yo Victorian mature bodied premiership midfielder.

If we moved on him that would require us freeing up a list spot - to sacrifice the likes of Curnow, Ellard, Duigan or Collins for a 3rd round draft pick.
Yes, but you forgot we are trading Yarran for pick 23.:D

Not necessarily.

We currently have 4 spots available on the senior list.

If we trade pick 11 for Parker, that leaves us with 3 spots and draft selections - currently picks 36, 56 and 76.

Of course that hinges on Curnow not gaining elevation, which I don't believe will be the case.

Of course that hinges on Curnow not gaining elevation, which I don't believe will be the case.

Which means he will be elevated. I always get tripped up on the mixing of not's and don'ts.

There has still been no advice of Curnow being elevated, yet we've proudly announced Tuohy and Casboult to have been done so.
We also weren't shy in announcing the further signings of rookies, Dale and O'Keeffe.

Guess it will come out int the wash at some point in time.

Yeah I am assuming he will be elevated. 18 games in his second year deserves promotion. Keeping Curnow, Bell, O'Keefe and Dale all on the rookie list stifles opportunity (McInness' LTI aside) and ties us to a 2 year player at a speculative pick 76.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which means he will be elevated. I always get tripped up on the mixing of not's and don'ts.

There has still been no advice of Curnow being elevated, yet we've proudly announced Tuohy and Casboult to have been done so.
We also weren't shy in announcing the further signings of rookies, Dale and O'Keeffe.

Guess it will come out int the wash at some point in time.

Yes, it means I believe he will be elevated.

However it hasn't been confirmed yet and until it has, I suppose anything could happen.

No reason why we couldn't go down the Bell path with Curnow if we do land Parker, but I can't see it happening.

We'd effectively be locked into 2 rookie elevations for the end of next season already. Not sure I like that.

Caddy is better than Parker IMO, Parker has the benefit of not having to play a key role with McVeigh, Hannebery, Kennedy, Jack etc doing the hard work. Both very promising though and the Parker rumour may turn out to be nothing so who knows what we're gaining by discussing this :p

Check out Parker's highlights from the GCS game on youtube. Kid looks v. impressive. Can't see the Swans trading him - he's poised to fill Bolton's spot in 2014.

Check out Parker's highlights from the GCS game on youtube. Kid looks v. impressive. Can't see the Swans trading him - he's poised to fill Bolton's spot in 2014.

This.^^^^^^

I also can not believe we will be trading away our first round pick for anyone now. It simply will not happen.

Parker is better than Caddy IMO and seriously underrated because he plays in Sydney and he flies under the radar a bit down here. Pick 11 is a fair trade for him BUT whether or not we should do it is another story as we need to attend to other areas of our list first IMO via the draft and i don't like the idea of us trading away pick 11 this year.

Parker can kick goals and i followed him very closely this year and he is as tough as nails and was hit by injury this year after breaking his jaw early on and 2012 was tipped to be his breakout year after a 30possy a game average in the NAB Cup which followed into the season proper but then the injury came around Rd 5 i think, then he fought hard to break into an established Swan midfield and eventually got a spot in the premiership team. Very surprised Sydney will let him go but i can understand it if he wants to come home to Vic.

Not necessarily.

We currently have 4 spots available on the senior list.

If we trade pick 11 for Parker, that leaves us with 3 spots and draft selections - currently picks 36, 56 and 76.

Only 3 spots on the list.
Although there has been no official announcement, McKay's quote that we will have 3 draft picks and 1 rookie pick clearly shows that Curnow will be elevated come draft day along with Tuohy and Casboult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back