Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of it like this.

Jeffy - we're going to lose for nothing anyway.

Pick 5 + Levi for Boyd (who has done nothing to detract from his pick 1 status) seems in our favour. Add Jeffy to it and it's pretty fair.

I understand where you are coming from but both Garlett & Casboult would/should be worth a second-rounder each (not necessarily an early one granted).

#5 and those two seem like massive overs to me, maybe if there was a pick coming back our way it'd balance it up for me.

I understand where you are coming from but both Garlett & Casboult would/should be worth a second-rounder each (not necessarily an early one granted).

#5 and those two seem like massive overs to me, maybe if there was a pick coming back our way it'd balance it up for me.

I really think Garlett is worth a 4th round pick at best this year.
Previous years really count for nothing unfortunately.

Garlett is gone regardless, and to get quality you need to give something up. Again I say it's a win win for all involved. Our list management has pinpointed that we will be too top heavy with Kreuzer and Casbolt in the same side.
Tonight and last week shows how much we miss having Henderson leading and leading. Second most effective KPF in the AFL for scoring and retaining possession.

Do the Giants want Petracca?

You wouldn't move on a forward and let Levi go to another team if you were chasing McCartin who isn't a Boyd.

They do lack a power mid who kicks goals and a Garlett.

Good deal with Garlett and Casboult former rookie picks.

Last edited:

Garlett last year would've got you a second rounder at least.

This year he won't get us anything close to that. Out of contract. Clubs know he wants out. They don't need to offer anything to get him. It's like Laidler a bit.

At least this way we kind of get to control where Jeffy goes and we get a say in it.

Pick 5 + Levi (who lets pretend is a second rounder) seems fair price for a guy who was a clear pick 1. Pick 5 in this year's draft is worth far less than pick 5 in last year's draft.

True. But we get the best key fwd prospect in the last 10 years. What do we lose a good draft pick, an erratic small fwd and Levi.

Would rather keep Levi than lose him, but if that's the price so be it.
Yeah, but I wanted Ahern after seeing Port's speed and skill.:p

Want to see Watson forward...
How likely is this? Earlier you said due to Patton's knee a Boyd trade was pretty much off the table.
They still have that guy Cameron who will be fitter next year. Plus Tomlinson. Any side would love these two. Pies and Cats won flags with Hawkins and Cloke supported by two role players in Dawes and Pods. They'll survive. :straining:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Garlett is gone regardless, and to get quality you need to give something up. Again I say it's a win win for all involved. Our list management has pinpointed that we will be too top heavy with Kreuzer and Casbolt in the same side.
I am excited.
However, my concern is around your last sentence. Does that mean we still believe that playing Kruezer forward is the way to go. Are we hoping to keep Warnock?

I'll try very hard to not get to excited I'd do the deal levis a great mark but if u can't finish it's another richo great mark but goal kicking is the issue. I'll try not to get my hopes up but u do realise no.25 is still available for obvious reasons

I'll try very hard to not get to excited I'd do the deal levis a great mark but if u can't finish it's another richo great mark but goal kicking is the issue. I'll try not to get my hopes up but u do realise no.25 is still available for obvious reasons

It's saved for Jezza! :D

The Richo who kicked 800 goals?

Would be pick one in this draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back