Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to get Adelaide back for always claiming Gibbs was meant to be theirs....even if Gibbs is just being cheeky.

I remember Sando said this time last year that they're going to bring Gibbs home because his fate was to be a Crow. I hope (if Paddy stays) that he waits until the last minute to sign.

Betts... Sauce... what do they think we are, their feeder club? It would be hilarious if we plucked Danger from them!

Koutas contract was back in 2003, around an era where we weren't exactly doing things by the books. Franklin is on 1.1m per year for 9 years, period. At which point he decides he can't go on he severs that contract and he will stop being paid, but he is still only on $1.1m per year. The difference is he is guaranteed that amount up to the age should he go to that age, which seems unlikely.

Remains to be seen but I doubt Dangerfield will exceed $1m per year. Maybe 900k, but I feel like 800k is more likely. I think Frawley was at that market value and I think clubs will be reluctant to invest more than that much in a player except for a desperate club like a Bulldogs or Melbourne who really need marquee players to build their club around which would warrant that $1m price tage. Dangerfield seems set to head to a club that is going to garner success within that next contract period and he will maybe take a cut to that 800k figure to get there.

I was under the impression at buddy's 9 mil was garunteed, could be wrong.

If danger is only 800k jump on him, that value imo, he's top 3 in the comp imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was under the impression at buddy's 9 mil was garunteed, could be wrong.

If danger is only 800k jump on him, that value imo, he's top 3 in the comp imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep that's what i believe also.
A sneaky way of paying 2 mil or so per season for 5 seasons.

Am i the only one who's rather we signed Rory Sloane then Dangerfield. Danger is a nice, razzle dazzle sort of player, who sometimes is prone to have low possie games, but Sloane is like a rock of Gibraltar,absolutely does his job, week in, week out, arguably the most fearless player in the game today, puts his body on the line so often i actually fear for his safety. We certainly could use more contested possession gatherers like him :)

Am i the only one who's rather we signed Rory Sloane then Dangerfield. Danger is a nice, razzle dazzle sort of player, who sometimes is prone to have low possie games, but Sloane is like a rock of Gibraltar,absolutely does his job, week in, week out, arguably the most fearless player in the game today, puts his body on the line so often i actually fear for his safety. We certainly could use more contested possession gatherers like him :)

Both would be nice! We are more in need of a Dangerfield type than a Sloane type though. Plus, Danger will be a free agent whereas we would have to trade for Sloane.

Both are animals, but I'm pretty sure Danger had the greatest contested possession rate/ possession in the AFL this year. (I remember this because Cripps had the highest rate in the VFL). Either would be great, but where Sloan stands out for me is his ability to gut run up and down the ground and elite defensive play.

Razzle dazzle for me please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sloane has stood out to me as a 19 year old and I dont know why because we all know how good Danger is but I also somehow feel compelled to chase Sloane over Dangerfield.

Sloane has stood out to me as a 19 year old and I dont know why because we all know how good Danger is but I also somehow feel compelled to chase Sloane over Dangerfield.
I think Sloane wll last longer than Danger with the manic way he play his body has been beaten up. Not sure if he looks after himself the way Judd does.

I am shocked at what I am reading here. Sloan over Dangerfield...really??

Bit like choosing Hawkwind over the Rolling Stones. :eek:

I think it may come from people knowing we'd have to pay a lesser price to get him. Our best hope would be that Adelaide have to pay a premium to keep Danger, squeezing Sloane out in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back