Training The Thread Formerly Known As The Training Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

ES8dWckU0AAKHq2

The real concern is that it will take years for a vaxine to come into effect, so next year might be even worse.
The real concern is that it could mutate further, which becomes more likely the more people become infected.

Actually the virus may mutate to make itself less lethal to ensure its own survival and not be self-limiting.
Let’s not attribute a hive-mind mentality to strings of protein, but yes, it’s possible that a mutation makes it less lethal, and the outcome of that may be that hosts are less likely to die and more available to spread the virus.

Season now needs to be delayed unfortunately, this virus will blow up with 2 weeks of games.

I'm also happy for the league to play games without crowds for the time being.

Any update on Scharenberg's potential (rib?) injury?
Looked painful tbh. Cox seemed to have knocked him down in a contest. Was on the ground for many minutes. Looked real sore. Hopefully just a bit of bruising.

Looked painful tbh. Cox seemed to have knocked him down in a contest. Was on the ground for many minutes. Looked real sore. Hopefully just a bit of bruising.

Well he has a Month to get over it

****. He needs every break he can get to prove himself - this is really concerning. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Training report: March 13 (friday....)

Arrived and sat on the hill on the AAMI Park side, just in case they weren't letting people that close to the fence. During this time, the players started to come out on the ground. The rehab ones first.

On a sidenote: I was told Stevo tried earlier, but didn't stay out with the rest of them. Take that what you will.

No Pendles too.

But otherwise, everyone else was present. Including Langdon who did some running. Broomhead (I did announce on my twitter he was joining full training - I was wrong) Did almost everything but match sim. But he is very close to full fitness.
Reid, running only, but looked strong at it. Greenwood and Varcoe the same. They also did some extra things with the trainer. I would say Varcoe is very close to joining the main group. Wearing a yellow cap, which Appleby wore just before he joined the main group.

First up; they went into their line groups. Forward. Mid. Defense. Did a bunch of drills amongst one another. Then that was followed by rotational stoppages and clearances.

Match sim was then followed. A few sat out, mainly the injured. It also seemed Nathan Murphy was carrying a sore shoulder. Whether that's from the VFL game last week, or something else. But he did running, then went inside.
Matthew Scharenberg had a mishap incident when in a contest with Coxy. Mason must have gotten a hip into Matty's back region, and he was then on the ground for many minutes. Looked to be in a lot of pain. A few players went over to see him, and called a trainer to help him out. Was helped off the ground a little by the trainer, but mostly he was also to walk off. But granted, he was battling the pain throughout. He was then taken inside, and didn't return. Hopefully it's just a bit of soreness or bruising toward that region.

Adams only did walking around the ground. But also did some ball work, but pretty light from him. Treloar stepped up his running program as he tries to recover from the nicked Hamstring. He also participated in some warm up drills prior.

Arrived and sat on the hill on the AAMI Park side, just in case they weren't letting people that close to the fence. During this time, the players started to come out on the ground. The rehab ones first.

On a sidenote: I was told Stevo tried earlier, but didn't stay out with the rest of them. Take that what you will.

No Pendles too.

But otherwise, everyone else was present. Including Langdon who did some running. Broomhead (I did announce on my twitter he was joining full training - I was wrong) Did almost everything but match sim. But he is very close to full fitness.
Reid, running only, but looked strong at it. Greenwood and Varcoe the same. They also did some extra things with the trainer. I would say Varcoe is very close to joining the main group. Wearing a yellow cap, which Appleby wore just before he joined the main group.

First up; they went into their line groups. Forward. Mid. Defense. Did a bunch of drills amongst one another. Then that was followed by rotational stoppages and clearances.

Match sim was then followed. A few sat out, mainly the injured. It also seemed Nathan Murphy was carrying a sore shoulder. Whether that's from the VFL game last week, or something else. But he did running, then went inside.
Matthew Scharenberg had a mishap incident when in a contest with Coxy. Mason must have gotten a hip into Matty's back region, and he was then on the ground for many minutes. Looked to be in a lot of pain. A few players went over to see him, and called a trainer to help him out. Was helped off the ground a little by the trainer, but mostly he was also to walk off. But granted, he was battling the pain throughout. He was then taken inside, and didn't return. Hopefully it's just a bit of soreness or bruising toward that region.

Adams only did walking around the ground. But also did some ball work, but pretty light from him. Treloar stepped up his running program as he tries to recover from the nicked Hamstring. He also participated in some warm up drills prior.
What’s up with Stevo?

No Pendles too.

Might be the last Training you be able to go for a Long Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Training The Thread Formerly Known As The Training Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back