Rumour The Trade Rumour File

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Frawley is all but a done deal to Geel 500k x 5 years.

And Griffiths just extended his contract with Richmond.

Mason Shaw for Jon Griffen?

Port need rucks and Shaw needs a fair go at a club where he'd be a regular starter.

Mason Shaw for Jon Griffen?
Port need rucks and Shaw needs a fair go at a club where he'd be a regular starter.

So and Ex Adelaide Crow...with little perceived value this year due to not being able to break into our team...who previously left Adelaide cos he was homesick...and a HUGE Freo supporter into the bargain....going back there to play for the Crows hated rivals....in exchange for Mason Shaw?

I don't know where to start with that. Can you imagine the flak that say Zac Clarke would get if he went to play for Carlton for a year then came back to play for West Coast...?

And from all accounts if you think Perth's a Goldfish bowl for players...Adelaides a lot worse.

I can't see this ever happening...and I have a funny feeling Jono Griffin is going nowhere..He's 29 in January.

So and Ex Adelaide Crow...with little perceived value this year due to not being able to break into our team...who previously left Adelaide cos he was homesick...and a HUGE Freo supporter into the bargain....going back there to play for the Crows hated rivals....in exchange for Mason Shaw?

I don't know where to start with that. Can you imagine the flak that say Zac Clarke would get if he went to play for Carlton for a year then came back to play for West Coast...?

And from all accounts if you think Perth's a Goldfish bowl for players...Adelaides a lot worse.

I can't see this ever happening...and I have a funny feeling Jono Griffin is going nowhere..He's 29 in January.
It depends on his willingness to play AFL.

If he stays here, he might play 10 more games in his career. If he goes to Port, he might play the next 3 seasons in the starting 22. If he's happy to help develop the kids at Peel so be it.

I'm not the first person to suggest this trade. I thought it was pretty fair but whatever. What would you offer to Port for Shaw?

It depends on his willingness to play AFL.

If he stays here, he might play 10 more games in his career. If he goes to Port, he might play the next 3 seasons in the starting 22. If he's happy to help develop the kids at Peel so be it.

I'm not the first person to suggest this trade. I thought it was pretty fair but whatever. What would you offer to Port for Shaw?

I wasn't having a go at you mate, It's just that I see this trade (Or a trade involving Griff) offered up a lot and I think people forget why Griff came back in the first place.

I would suggest that he's at that stage of his career where he may give it up if told he was no longer wanted but another team in a different state did.

That's just conjecture though and he might be driven enough to continue on.

I think we have to understand his value to other teams may not be the same as he is to ours. When Sandilands was injured last year he was more than competent and he was less predictable. He would also become the team's senior ruckman to Clarke when Sandi goes.

...Now, with regards to a trade for Shaw. I don't know who I would give up because I really don't know what Port are looking for. I would suggest currently, being on the outer, one of De Boer, Suban, or Ibbo (yes I know he's not on the outer at the moment) plus a second round for third round upgrade might do it.

Alternatively if Port are desperate for a ruckman (as they appeared to be with their chase of Lycette) maybe one of the aforementioned and Hannath.

Who knows.

I've heard a rumour that both West Coast and Fremantle are interested in Brisbane's Rohan Bewick. West Perth lad, and has signed 1 year extension at Brisbane til end of next year. What do people think he is worth?

Mason Shaw has been in an AFL system for several years, what makes him better than Apeness? I think we are well prepared for when Pavlich calls it a day.
Freo have a proven track record for finding diamonds in the rough, Tabs could be the best in his class year.A Pearce is another who can play forward or back.
I would rather trade for a backman, small defender, that is where we are stretched next year.

what does everyone think of Shaun Mckernan from Adelaide? always seemed like a reasonably decent forward too me :p... he's just been delisted :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mason Shaw has been in an AFL system for several years, what makes him better than Apeness? I think we are well prepared for when Pavlich calls it a day.
Freo have a proven track record for finding diamonds in the rough, Tabs could be the best in his class year.A Pearce is another who can play forward or back.
I would rather trade for a backman, small defender, that is where we are stretched next year.
Two years, he was drafted the year before Apeness and had a late start to AFL football.

The power rate him highly, I read that he has put on 20kg since joining Port. A big tall forward kicking lots of goals.

If we get him it will be a steal.

I've heard a rumour that both West Coast and Fremantle are interested in Brisbane's Rohan Bewick. West Perth lad, and has signed 1 year extension at Brisbane til end of next year. What do people think he is worth?

Rohan Bewick .Can't even imagine what use he could be. Crozier is 10 time better than him.

Hey guys just seeing if Essendon were to coax Scott Gumbleton put of retirement and chuck him on a no strings attached one year rookie list contract would Freo be OK with that?
Would you feel like need to be compensated somehow?

Aah right. No way will he leave Perth.
That is why Adelaide released him generously.
Jon wanted to come back to Perth for personal reasons.

His grandfather was very unwell & has since passed.
Apparently he is keen to move back to SA. Hope we don't accommodate him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back