Rumour The Trade Rumour File

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mason Shaw
Shane Kersten
Sam Grimley (Leading VFL goal kickers and can ruck for small periods - on Hawks list)

These are three players I would be looking at, I think we could get all three with out giving up our 1st round pick and I am pretty sure they are all out of contract. Then if we can get Hugh Goddard with our 1st round pick he is the perfect replacement for Johnson and our key position stocks are set for the next 5 years.

Mason Shaw
Shane Kersten
Sam Grimley (Leading VFL goal kickers and can ruck for small periods - on Hawks list)

These are three players I would be looking at, I think we could get all three with out giving up our 1st round pick and I am pretty sure they are all out of contract. Then if we can get Hugh Goddard with our 1st round pick he is the perfect replacement for Johnson and our key position stocks are set for the next 5 years.
I'd be shocked if we got Kernsten. Didn't he say 'anywhere but Freo' when asked where he'd like to be drafted? You can cross him off the list.

Mason Shaw - I can't find any record of him getting a contract extension. Would we consider trading him for a ruck. I would think so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hurty Mybumba

326254-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

no :mad:

While we're trying to attract kpf's from other clubs that are either not leaving, or never coming west, can we try & draft Tex Walker too please! :D

But seriously, think we'll try for any of the recently delisteds?

I am sure some might get asked to train with Freo in the preseason to gauge their value.

Before we get a thread started for every single fricken player started as other clubs go through list management; dump all you rumours and suggestions for players to chase or ones that may be leaving us here.

You crack me up, Seppo.

James Frawley?
Ben Griffiths?

Maybe that explains Griffin as in inclusion: trade bait.
Sandi's knee last week is a more likely explanation for griff's inclusion.

Edit: wow. If clarke, sandi and griff all play in the same team we may as well concede. Hopefully it's a red herring.

Last edited:
Would be the one i'd go after if we didn't have such depth in the ruck position. Feel he's more of a ruckman then a forward, he just played forward for long periods this season as the Hawks always had one of Ceglar, Hale or McEvoy in the reserves. If Clarke goes we should have a look at Grimley otherwise probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back