The trajectories of contenders in 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

You are severely underrating Collingwood here mate. St Kilda a smokey for top 4 but Collingwood 6-10?

Collingwood had an off year for a number of reasons. Firstly it was the shortest pre-season in history for Grand Finallists, Brisbane also starting 0-3, with that Opening Round rubbish. Brisbane got it together and won the flag, but the Brisbane's team was much healthier than Collingwood. Collingwood and Carlton had the worst injury list of any team I have seen in years, literally half the best 22 out at times.

It wouldn't be a surprise at all, had we made the top 8, that we would have played off with Brisbane in the Grand Final for a second year straight (had we not met them earlier in the finals series).

Collingwood for top 4 next year. I will not say if we will go all the way, as anything can happen, but what I will tell you is we will be much better than 2024. Longer pre season and no way we have a season as bad as this with the players we had in and out of the side.
Bit of sauce on our injuries there. We were hit, but Brisbane lost 3 or 4 players to ACLs very early in the year all of whom were best 23. We weren’t good enough to compete for a number of reasons. That said, I do think we’re top 6, possibly top 4 again provided we pick up either Houston or a defender that’s closer to Murphy than Frampton.

You are severely underrating Collingwood here mate. St Kilda a smokey for top 4 but Collingwood 6-10?

Collingwood had an off year for a number of reasons. Firstly it was the shortest pre-season in history for Grand Finallists, Brisbane also starting 0-3, with that Opening Round rubbish. Brisbane got it together and won the flag, but the Brisbane's team was much healthier than Collingwood. Collingwood and Carlton had the worst injury list of any team I have seen in years, literally half the best 22 out at times.

It wouldn't be a surprise at all, had we made the top 8, that we would have played off with Brisbane in the Grand Final for a second year straight (had we not met them earlier in the finals series).

Collingwood for top 4 next year. I will not say if we will go all the way, as anything can happen, but what I will tell you is we will be much better than 2024. Longer pre season and no way we have a season as bad as this with the players we had in and out of the side.
They're still pretty mediocre, imo.

Maybe I am, I think they're an average to good side, which fits in 6-10. They were being smacked by North and look well controlled by GC, Geelong, Essendon the second time etc.

Be surprised if they're top 4, but could happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

The trajectories of contenders in 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back