The Vent Thread - Richmond only

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course the players are gutted. They should be. That doesn't take away from the fact that they should be ashamed of disappointing the fans.

This experience will do us wonders? **** that. How could you say something like that. You know what experience would have done us wonders? Winning a final.

It doesn't matter how good a person's season is. All that matters is finals. AFL teams play for finals. His efforts today make his season irrelevant.
MR, maybe you should leave it an hour or two before posting. A tough day for all Tiger supporters and we're all gutted.

I am really not heart broken over this, we weren't going to win the flag anyway and it was a great experience. Damn it was nice to be at a fully packed G again its been too long. I honestly believe the biggest problems we had today were A) lack of experience and B) the fitness gap of all those extra pre seasons Juddy and co have really showed through in the last 3rd of the match. We are a very highly skilled team just need to be better conditioned to run out games when the heat is applied!

Always disappointed to lose but I sure as hell can see a bright future for our club!

Chin up guys. You have better future than carlton despite the result, take judd out today and i reckon they would have struggled to get up. Vlastuin is some kid look forward to seeing him improve:thumbsu:

Needed Deledio to stand up show some heart and really take a tight game by the scruff. He didn't and I've realized he is never going to be any more than a very good player who will occasionally smash weaker opposition. He is the original down hill skier and I hope he isn't getting paid elite money.

To keep things in perspective losing Conca early and Newman aggravating his ankle was a massive blow - we totally rang out of legs and unfortunately the game has passed Tuck by and in hindsight was poor choice as a sub when we really need dash.

I guess you need to ask the question whether players like Edwards, Grigg, King, Pettard, Tuck would have made it into one of the recent Geelong premiership sides - probably not - which shows us where our list is at as we continue to put together a top 4 side.

Riewolt was clearly carrying an injury and was moving poorly - the old chestnut about the risk of taking injured players into finals clearly didn't pay off today.

Taylor Adams and continued development in our new breed of leaders please.

Thank you Tigers for giving me my happiest year of football since Nathan Browns purple patch -Bring on a productive trading & draft period and another step forward in 2014.

Bunch of mentally fragile soft *****.

Jack can hand back his contract after today's effort.

And Shedwards was playing apparently?!

Maric, Cotchin, Martin, Vlastuin, A Edwards only guys who put in consistently. Maybe Jacko and Newy as well.

******* sick of this shit. Every single time.

Jamison beats Reiwoldt every time. So he plays up the ground. Should have been expected for him to be quite

Needed Deledio to stand up show some heart and really take a tight game by the scruff. He didn't and I've realized he is never going to be any more than a very good player who will occasionally smash weaker opposition. He is the original down hill skier and I hope he isn't getting paid elite money.

Lids was one of our best. Don't know how you picked him out of the 21 players when no one stood up.

Don't even know what happened in the second half. We have a brilliant midfield yet couldn't get a clearance. Our defense stood up all year, yet we couldn't freaking spoil the ball even when in good positions. Did we out mark them at all in the second half? Also how many players ran over the ball?
Rance, Morris and Grimes were all so poor in the second half. Didn't even see Chaplin. Really don't understand how it happened after they were so good all year.

Lids was one of our best. Don't know how you picked him out of the 21 players when no one stood up.

Agree. Emotional, reactionary post of mine. But each to their own.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shane Edwards was embarrassing today. King less so. We had no impact from those guys either offensively or defensively

Kingy at least did a few good things in the first half.

Edwards was always going to play but should've been the sub - made for the role. Other than that he has too many flaws that will always hold him back from being an A grader. I'd trade him if it were up to me- not essential IMO and still has currency.

The backline really let us down when the heat was applied and our midfield could get a clearance.

Why do we look so good for half a game and then have these terrible lapses? Is it a fitness issue or a mental issue (or a combination of both)? Only Vlas, Cotch, Maric and Newman can hold their heads up high tonight.

I will excuse Riewoldt on the assumption that he was playing injured.

I feel miserable:(

dimma outcoached. 5 goals up mate and yo do this stupid hold the ball over your head. attack. win the footy. drive them. he gave them bloody anti running tablets at half time.

Not really Dimmas fault that they completely ran out of legs. Doesn't matter what he changes, if you can't run, you can't win.

Cotchin lead by example tonight. True leader.

Thanks for a great year of bigfooty everybody. It hurts right now but we'll be better. We all knew deep down this wasn't our year but we're back where we belong. Hope everyone sticks around for the off season for a chat and get on board for 2014. We'll iron out a few deficiencies and be better for the run.

To all the supporters on the Punt Road end that stayed till the end when the scum wanted to wave goodbye. You did us all proud. That would have been tough but you stuck to your guns.

#gotiges.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Vent Thread - Richmond only

Remove this Banner Ad

Back