the VENT thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
for f%*ks sake Broughton, where are you?

Why, he isn't injured if you go by Mr Christo's flawed logic. ;)

Truth is he hurt his ankle again in his comeback match through the WAFL. Have heard this from three seperate sources now.

I know it sucks as he looks the goods and I have him on my bench doing SFA too. :eek:

Not a heap to complain about thankfully ...

If anything (nothing serious):

• Raines & Anthony not playing
  • Broughton missing 2 games already after only a "minor" ankle injury
  • Holding onto Ottens for 4 weeks then finding out he is still another 4 away
  • Skipworth getting injured (however forced me to upgrade to Roo :D)
  • Wade Thompson sitting on 2 games and then getting dropped
  • Taylor Walker turning out to be a dud pick after all the hype from Crows fans.
  • Not getting a unique rookie like Gary Moss
  • Oh yeah and not upgrading Raines to Gilbert as soon as Raines got injured
In the scheme of things, not too bad!

Hmm I think I give up bothering with Supercoach, every week I'm getting players injured. Not the 1-2 week injuries but the 4+ week ones. It's all very well to replace them, but then I'm using more and more trades and can't improve my team.

So far had Andrew Raines, Liam Anthony, Trent Hentschel, Hayden Skipworth, Shaun Burgoyne, Brent Harvey, Sam Jacobs (to a lessor extent) and now Daniel Pratt.

Only 1 game into this round I'm sure someone else can get injured :)

Hmm I think I give up bothering with Supercoach, every week I'm getting players injured. Not the 1-2 week injuries but the 4+ week ones. It's all very well to replace them, but then I'm using more and more trades and can't improve my team.

So far had Andrew Raines, Liam Anthony, Trent Hentschel, Hayden Skipworth, Shaun Burgoyne, Brent Harvey, Sam Jacobs (to a lessor extent) and now Daniel Pratt.

Only 1 game into this round I'm sure someone else can get injured :)

I feel your pain mate, the same thing has happened to me except replace Pratt with Hille. I don't have Burgoyne but have had all the rest plus Broughton. :eek:

BEAMS to join ANTHONY injured on my bench !!! :mad:

Your supposed to be making me money you fools :thumbsdown: Very bad timing for Beams .. if it happened it two weeks time I would not care as he may have maxed out by then ... but now is not good :(

If BEAMS is going to miss a couple of weeks it might be time for a new cash cow. At least the midfield has more options !!

Another Vent ...

Leon DAVIS ... WTF :eek: How are they allowing him to avg 130+ :eek:

Surely someone will put a hard tag on him soon or he will do a hammy :cool:

I think Rawlings started on him and he just stayed in the forward 50 when he had an advantage over him. In the 2nd half Rawlings had to be moved to Pendlebury.

my vent... having pendles lockyear in my team all pre season then not picking them, then not picking up leon 2day when i had my finger on the button

I did a similar thing by having Pendlebury(614) and McIntosh(538) then at the last minute trading it to Selwood(510) and Hille(293) :(

Daniel Pratt - **** YOU! You've pretty much been a let down for me all year only scoring decent every 2nd game, and then you go and do your ****ing knee while trying to take a dive! You absolute *******!! I hope the docs at the Roos take Boris the rubber chicken and jam it up your ****ing arse as part of your recovery!

I feel your pain mate, the same thing has happened to me except replace Pratt with Hille. I don't have Burgoyne but have had all the rest plus Broughton. :eek:

Try having Pratt and Hille, to go on top of Raines, Anthony, Skipworth, Jacobs. After making 2 tactical trades this week (Hille > Mumford, Haselby > Barham) thinking i'd score enough points to cover it, Pratt going down has bent me over like adamjones25 does to asian inmates. Burning through trades quicker than Adrian Anderson gives out gobbies to Demitriou

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One big vent.

After a few weeks I brought IN Higgins since I nearly had him but then removed him at the last minute before lockout round 1.

Drummond + Higgins became Hodge + Garlett. Thought Dummond would av 90, Higgins 60 while Hodge 110 and Garlett 50.

Anyway, I bring in Higgins, but the only way I had the cash was to bring him in for Ziebell.

Didn't look too abd.
Ziebell ahd got 3 scores around 55.

He got 55, 65, 44. And I thought, wow, he really isn't improving, infact he is hovering around 55. Got 10 above, but then fell down by 20 ro 10 below. Hes holding cash and since he was 134$ to begin with hes not picking up much cash.

So I trade him out and bring in Higgins.

Next week, Skippy goes down and breakes himself. Zeibell get s 94, I think CRAP, damn, I could have done skippy > Higgins a dn kept cash cow and good scorer now Ziebell and not have had to worry about Skippy.

Week after 77, another great score for him. DAMN, I really just jumped off him just before his great prices rises. And Skippy is bloody injured. DAMN. What are the chances. But Ziebell wont do well again. 86! this week.

Seriously,

Form the outset.

Ziebll averaging around 55, doesn't look to improve, may get booted out because there are plenty of roos rookies this year. Higgins around 100. Easy! and skippy around 90. Can't go wrong. I will have removed a crap cash cow for a good mid cash cow that earns points!!!

If I had done Skippy to Higgins.

I would have used less cash from the bank so i would have more cash now, which mean I could have pulled in Nick Riewoldt this last round. I also wouldn't ahve to have Walker on field, and I would have got Ziebell's great scores to boost up to 300k where Riewoldt comes in.

So..
I have

Skippy Injured av0 currently
Walker av 40 or something stupid
50k in the bank

COULD HAVE HAD
Ziebell averaging 80 for the last 3 rounds
Nick Riewoldt to take over in a round or two
More cahs in the bank, to upgrade heaps of other

FK!!!

Other things..

Pendles > Selwood pre season, had pendles last year, but everyone said selwood is going to brake out this year.... Pendles 120av Slewood 105 or something
Robinson, Beams, Tuck all stinking out he mid lines.

Robinson, Beams, Garlett, Walker, Jacobs, Cheney,
ALL FAILED CASH COWS.
Still have Harlett, Walker craper, Rance, Suban (shit but playing :)).

Robinson, Beams, Garlett, Walker, Jacobs, Cheney,
ALL FAILED CASH COWS.
Still have Harlett, Walker craper, Rance, Suban (shit but playing :)).

i would rate Beams as a good cash cow. Bit harsh to say Hartlett, Rance and Suban are sht, especially the first 2. Other than ziebel, ottens and rich, all rookies have scored fairly poorly.

i would rate Beams as a good cash cow. Bit harsh to say Hartlett, Rance and Suban are sht, especially the first 2. Other than ziebel, ottens and rich, all rookies have scored fairly poorly.

My bad,

My brackets comment about being shit, was only directed at Suban - the last one..

I meant to mean, I still have playing Hartlett, Rance, and Walker who isn't playing well, probs wont make his b/e this week, and Suban who shouldn't realy be allowed to play but atleast is going up in price, slowly.. i.e. being a bad cash cow.

Moss is doing well too. But out of those, I had rich and ziebel. Out of those I only was able to profit from Rich.

Hence I'm relying on mid level cash cows, Krak, Higgins, etc..

I am venting at AFL.com!!!! It's nearly qrt time og haw v car and still nothing on AFL gameday, disgraceful!!!

I am venting at superfooty.com!!!! It's half time og haw v car and still no SC points, disgraceful!!!

Sorrry.. couldn't help myself. But seriously! Half time and not a single SC point.

I am venting at superfooty.com!!!! It's half time og haw v car and still no SC points, disgraceful!!!

Sorrry.. couldn't help myself. But seriously! Half time and not a single SC point.
Agreed.

A little slack.

Roughy....130 odd??

On that a big **** you to Champion Data/AFL/Herald Sun for not working out any form of commercial agreement to bring live SC scores. Some have suggested the AFL/Champion Data have agreements that block the publication of the data duting the match, but **** me surely the Herald Sun, as the most published newspaper in the country would be able to offer something for the other parties to gain access to the scores. It would seem that Herald Sun doesn't care about developing extra support for its competition.

My moves so far had been good.

Friday night with bout 10 mins until lockout, I traded Roughy out, for Franklin in after several minutes of wrestling with my thoughts on whether I should make this trade.

So far, not so good.

Franklin you useless ****.

**** you.

Dumb****.

That is all.

X 2. But at least I'll be able to get him cheap in DT now.

I have both Roughy and Franklin. Generally if one does well the other does crap, so it kind of balances out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back