The Vent Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Muppets in the media that can't even be bothered in getting their facts right or doing the slightest bit of research.

Its ridiculous the amount of times I've heard on footy programs this morning bemoaning Voss' sense of occasion by giving Black the red vest.

Instead of simply providing the facts that he was unwell for the past 10 days etc., they rather go the man on Voss by ridiculing and criticising him, which to the unwashed massed will naturally think he is a prick.:rolleyes:

The media would never do that to the likes of Mick or Nafan.

All they need to do is stay slightly more informed than their viewers and unfortunately for us most of their viewers similar to the Freo supporter sitting next to me know yesterday SFA about the footy

In terms of development I would put us about where Gold Coast were last season. Gold Coast should start comfortable favourites against us in a couple of weeks.

We are such a "nothing" team that the game yesterday doesn't even warrant a story on the first 15 or so stories on the Age footy section.

When the **** did they change the type of buns they use for the Mighty Angus at Maccas??

When I post the wrong shit in the wrong ****ing thread! :mad::mad:

When I post the wrong shit in the wrong ******* thread! :mad::mad:
haha - I held back but now see a green light...

Belly full of beer + after the witching hour and your taxi driver spins around the round-about three times - amazing how a souvlaki/kebab caravan morphs into a Maccas drive thru and you post into the wrong thread on the smart phone. :p

The fact that Melbourne have gone cap in hand to the afl for priority picks. Vlad and the commission will no doubt tick it off and gift a clutch of picks, its melbourne afterall. Seriously WTF!!

Whilst against it, Caroline Wilson was quite adamant on Offsiders that the AFL will be granting Melbourne with a priority pick at season's end.

Disgusting if it eventuates.

thought it was very interesting to watch how port adelaide treated kane cornes this week with the lead up to him breaking the games record at the club. can't say the same for the way simon black was treated by the lions.
i have completely lost all faith in this club (those in charge) and i'm sick of vossy's bullshit excuses and reasoning at press conferences.
upside - we've got a couple of kids with talent.

thought it was very interesting to watch how port adelaide treated kane cornes this week with the lead up to him breaking the games record at the club. can't say the same for the way simon black was treated by the lions.
i have completely lost all faith in this club (those in charge) and i'm sick of vossy's bullshit excuses and reasoning at press conferences.

I know this is the vent thread but what the hell are you talking about? How was Black mistreated?

I know this is the vent thread but what the hell are you talking about? How was Black mistreated?

where did i say mistreated? i was comparing the two. maybe my choice of words was incorrect but i did not say mistreated.

did you see at all how port built this match up for cornes? was a big deal here in SA. i would have thought the club would have done a bit more than getting vossy to answer a few questions during the week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

where did i say mistreated? i was comparing the two. maybe my choice of words was incorrect but i did not say mistreated.

did you see at all how port built this match up for cornes? was a big deal here in SA. i would have thought the club would have done a bit more than getting vossy to answer a few questions during the week.

Does Kane have a commemorative jumper for sale like Blacky does?

No, I didn't see what a big deal Cornes 250th was in South Australia. Maybe because I wasn't there.

With that in mind, is it possible your location influenced the way you saw how Black was recognised here?

upside - we've got a couple of kids with talent.

images-2.jpg

My vent, again, is that this thread fails to serve it's purpose if people start picking holes in your vent.

Park the logic at the door, strap yourself in & embrace the emotional roller coaster.

I's sure it will be a different story if Blacky hangs around long enough to break the real games record of 333 games held by Bulldog Murray.;)

Irrespective, if you looked hard enough you would have found a heap of internal and external news stories in the past week celebrating Simon's achievement.

My vent, again, is that this thread fails to serve it's purpose if people start picking holes in your vent.

Park the logic at the door, strap yourself in & embrace the emotional roller coaster.

Meh some people need education to improve their venting in the future. Emotional rants are fine, rants based on completely incorrect premises cry out for correction IMO.

Gen Y have grown up being told that their opinions are all special and unique, valid snowflakes. This is not a good thing. Some people are just badly informed and go through life not knowing it because they keep getting patronising pats on the head.

That's my view anyway. If you don't like it, vent about it ;)

I'm sure some mod will come and agree with you though. Only a matter of time. :p

Meh some people need education to improve their venting in the future. Emotional rants are fine, rants based on completely incorrect premises cry out for correction IMO.

Gen Y have grown up being told that their opinions are all special and unique, valid snowflakes. This is not a good thing. Some people are just badly informed and go through life not knowing it because they keep getting patronising pats on the head.

That's my view anyway. If you don't like it, vent about it ;)

I'm sure some mod will come and agree with you though. Only a matter of time. :p

Piss off TBD. All my opinions are special, unique, valid snowflakes and you can go get ****ed if you don't think so. :p

Nope, but it is much more common.

As a teacher in training it is quite noticeable.

It's not Gen Y's fault though...

Pretty small sample size to be making this generalisation isn't it? I have dealt with numerous Gen X's/baby boomers who display the same traits you described. Maybe it's just possible we relate with our respective generations better?

Pretty small sample size to be making this generalisation isn't it? I have dealt with numerous Gen X's/baby boomers who display the same traits you described. Maybe it's just possible we relate with our respective generations better?

Not really worth making a big deal about, there aren't distinct generations anyway, I'm X/Y cusp.

It's just a convenient ways of pointing to trends over time.

Geez you Gen Y kids are sensitive. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back