The "We must get Tom Lynch at all costs...or maybe not" Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I believe Lynch has told Richmond what he is doing, whether it's a yes or no you'd feel he's given them clarity over the situation.

Quick fire re signings of big names Rance and Riewoldt, and big improver Jayden Short, point to the scenario that Richmond now know exactly what they can pay these players.

It does not seem like a coincidence that Rance, Riewoldt and Short have re signed in the same period of time where new reports have come out that Richmond's offer is too low, that we are the new front runner, and that we've had two meetings with Tom in what supposedly is the last fortnight.

I just hope that what appears to be the clarity that Richmond now have over the situation is that Tom has told them the offer is too low, and he's now only looking at the Pies offer and whatever the Hawks are going to throw him.

Surely Elliott gies to East Germany for rehab. They have better calves there.
How about all of these Richmond nuffies.

yep... the latest i am hearing from their board is that it's down to two offers. Lynch can get $2m a season at the Pies or play for $500 a game at Punt Road. And it's going down to the wire cos he just wants to be a Tiger

Amateur hour at the Gold Coast. :$

Tom Lynch’s departure causes tension in Gold Coast playing group
Andrew Hamilton, The Courier-Mail
6 minutes ago

Subscriber only

TENSIONS erupted when the Suns leadership group met with captain Tom Lynch last night after older players took offence at younger teammates questioning the former skipper’s loyalty.

Lynch met with the extended leadership group on Thursday night before addressing the entire playing list.

Touk Miller made his feelings known about Lynch’s departure, which did not impress some of his older teammates.

They were angered by the use of strong language about Lynch’s loyalty.

Lynch also pushed back, telling Miller he had served eight years and never breached a contract.

Brayden Fiorini, Lachie Weller and Jack Bowes were invited to join the leadership meeting and also gave strong feedback to Lynch.

After Lynch departed David Swallow berated the younger players for the way they had treated his long-time teammate.

The Suns have confirmed there were strong words exchanged in the meeting but say the entire leadership group was united on the decision to strip Lynch of the captaincy.

Tom Lynch has played his last game for Gold Coas. Picture: Adam Head
72deb7e9686f7e35fe7b8c3b0a38973d

Suns players Touk Miller and Tom Lynch at a footy clinic.

Former Suns coach Rodney Eade said today he was surprised by how the club handled Lynch’s decision.

“One past player I’ve spoken to said it was just so blunt and the playing group delivered it and a lot of younger blokes delivered it, not hierarchy and not sat down in a respectful way,”: he told Melbourne’s Macquarie Sports Radio.

“I found that very surprising, to be honest.

“There’s a lot of other players that have left, that have left after four years and three years but he’s given eight years.

“If I was a player in that room who’s been there for six to eight years equivalent, from what I’ve heard with the way it was done, I would think ‘Well, what are they going to do to me?’.

“I wouldn’t have thought it was a very positive way to portray the club to other players.”

You're a funny guy Matt.

You're talking about Tom Lynch like you were Stuart Dew last year :tearsofjoy:
Funny how?

How am I funny?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe Lynch has told Richmond what he is doing, whether it's a yes or no you'd feel he's given them clarity over the situation.

Quick fire re signings of big names Rance and Riewoldt, and big improver Jayden Short, point to the scenario that Richmond now know exactly what they can pay these players.

It does not seem like a coincidence that Rance, Riewoldt and Short have re signed in the same period of time where new reports have come out that Richmond's offer is too low, that we are the new front runner, and that we've had two meetings with Tom in what supposedly is the last fortnight.

I just hope that what appears to be the clarity that Richmond now have over the situation is that Tom has told them the offer is too low, and he's now only looking at the Pies offer and whatever the Hawks are going to throw him.

This is how I have read into it too, I'm not sure why your the first to post this view, bigfooty posters and journalists alike. It seems quite an obvious possible reality of what has transpired these past few days IMO.

Amateur hour at the Gold Coast. :$

Tom Lynch’s departure causes tension in Gold Coast playing group
Andrew Hamilton, The Courier-Mail
6 minutes ago

Subscriber only

TENSIONS erupted when the Suns leadership group met with captain Tom Lynch last night after older players took offence at younger teammates questioning the former skipper’s loyalty.

Lynch met with the extended leadership group on Thursday night before addressing the entire playing list.

Touk Miller made his feelings known about Lynch’s departure, which did not impress some of his older teammates.

They were angered by the use of strong language about Lynch’s loyalty.

Lynch also pushed back, telling Miller he had served eight years and never breached a contract.

Brayden Fiorini, Lachie Weller and Jack Bowes were invited to join the leadership meeting and also gave strong feedback to Lynch.

After Lynch departed David Swallow berated the younger players for the way they had treated his long-time teammate.

The Suns have confirmed there were strong words exchanged in the meeting but say the entire leadership group was united on the decision to strip Lynch of the captaincy.

Tom Lynch has played his last game for Gold Coas. Picture: Adam Head
72deb7e9686f7e35fe7b8c3b0a38973d

Suns players Touk Miller and Tom Lynch at a footy clinic.

Former Suns coach Rodney Eade said today he was surprised by how the club handled Lynch’s decision.

“One past player I’ve spoken to said it was just so blunt and the playing group delivered it and a lot of younger blokes delivered it, not hierarchy and not sat down in a respectful way,”: he told Melbourne’s Macquarie Sports Radio.

“I found that very surprising, to be honest.

“There’s a lot of other players that have left, that have left after four years and three years but he’s given eight years.

“If I was a player in that room who’s been there for six to eight years equivalent, from what I’ve heard with the way it was done, I would think ‘Well, what are they going to do to me?’.

“I wouldn’t have thought it was a very positive way to portray the club to other players.”

That's poor form attacking Lynch like that - don't they know it's Bucks' fault?

This is how I have read into it too, I'm not sure why your the first to post this view, bigfooty posters and journalists alike. It seems quite an obvious possible reality of what has transpired these past few days IMO.
On top of that, there is no indication from Richmond itself that we are still pursuing Lynch since the players signed.

I agree 100%

One way or another, Richmond now know exactly what Lynch is doing. So they have re-signed all their other players now that they can accurately gauge their salary cap.

My money is on Richmond been his club of choice at this stage.

I think the Darcy Moore situation will be interesting to keep an eye on as well. You would think that if Lynch has advised his team of choice and it is not us, then we would quickly look to re-sign Moore.

lol this is the same Tony Sheahan who only a week or so ago said Lynch to Tigers.
It is what it is, in due course.

As for Mark Evans- he's talking shit.
He made it clear they have been pushing him hard for months now for a decision.
Their decision to "strip his captaincy" had no bearing Lynch meeting us or any other suitor.

I agree..What a load of tripe.
Bit hard to keep him Captain when he is out for the year and formally announced he wants a trade.... GCS never waited until the end of the year to sihn ABlett up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back