Review The Week in Between - now we wait. Selection talk and other guff.

Remove this Banner Ad

The negativity, albeit sporadic, is tiresome. We just had one of our most remarkable wins of all time with the best player in the game standing up like never before, but according to some we can’t go all the way? We can’t beat the Cats (already have) and our brand can’t stand up in the biggest game of the year.

I’ll admit to emotionally giving up after the Port game but that can be somewhat justified. Now is the time to believe more than ever before. How can we judge our team and bemoan the times we don’t think they’re digging in when we aren’t even digging in as supporters?

They deserved the criticism a few times this year but they don’t deserve any of it now. We’re all welcome to support in our own way of course but I have to admit some of what I’ve read in this thread is so baffling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Team is the highest scoring in the league .

Is the team perfect- No

Are the talls superstars- no

But are they doing their job and is it working - yes

Not sure what the constant issue is really at the end of the Day.

They will combine for over 100 goals this year , plus whatever work they do to help Hayward Paps and the mids score.

It’s worked all season. It’s not perfect and maybe it would be nice to have a 60-70 goal forward but we had that for a while and have no flags to show for it.

The last time we won a flag, Sam Reid was our biggest weapon up forward. The system is working, even if unconventionally.

It’s worked all season. It’s not perfect and maybe it would be nice to have a 60-70 goal forward but we had that for a while and have no flags to show for it.

The last time we won a flag, Sam Reid was our biggest weapon up forward. The system is working, even if unconventionally.

If big tall gun forwards were the main way then Carlton would win premierships , they have 2 of the best

Who would you rather face in the GF ?

Geelong redemption arc ?

GWS in an up yours to the establishment ?

Brisbane cos they also have the MCG yips ?

yes yes Ticky009 we have to get there first but we’ve gotta give Bonz some time to prep these 3 previews !

Geelong redemption arc ?

yes yes Ticky009 we have to get there first but we’ve gotta give Bonz some time to prep these 3 previews !
GWS as they will be the 'easiest' match up on that side of the draw.

Brisbane are better than GWS and the MCG advantage Geelong has over any non victorian team means we'd want to avoid them if possible too.

And wouldn't it be sweet if we can knock off GWS for the 4th time this season and beat them in a granny

Team is the highest scoring in the league .

Is the team perfect- No

Are the talls superstars- no

But are they doing their job and is it working - yes

Not sure what the constant issue is really at the end of the Day.

They will combine for over 100 goals this year , plus whatever work they do to help Hayward Paps and the mids score.

just one more imaginary scab the vic media can pick at in attempts to play down our season and death-ride us through the finals
if the three had come out the other night and kicked 12 between them, but heeney and/or gulden and/or warner had been quiet, that would be the focus ... a lot of praise the swans are getting is backhanded, mostly comes with a "but ..."

they might shut up about it when mclean, mcdonald and amartey are holding the premiership cup together on their lap of the mcg

Geelong redemption arc ?

I think it would be nice to get a revenge big win over the cats preferably by more than what they beat us

I feel like the week off is relaxed cocky fun no stress.

Then Monday it's going to be like shit, prelim this week, playing a team that just won and looked good .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we make it to the GF. IMO fans are getting a bit ahead of themselves (including me) which is fair enough but I don't wanna piss off the footy gods 😂
I’m definitely taking it one day at a time.

You’re only as good as your next match.

That being said and all, we defs have one hand on the cup.

JHWF - keeping it real since 2023.

I know you're all hanging our for a weather forecast.

At this point. Looks quite cold and windy.

One of the most significant cold fronts of the season will roll in from the SW.
With decent snowfalls.
During Friday.

That usually results in cold, clear and blustery conditions at the SCG.
Can someone in Adelaide do a rain dance for 50mm around Adelaide Oval at 6.30pm?
Then the game go into overtime with a 20-20 scoreline. Thanks in advance

If they weren't doing as asked Horse would have dropped them.
It looked to me that Horse had a particular job for each of the talls last weekend and Amartey does his ankle at training and they believe he still can do the role, which was most likely taking Taylor out of the action which is difficult under any circumstance.
He will be good to go and will be more active in the PF.

Shhh don't tell Horse. He will definitely get him out of retirement for the GF. He won't be able to resist.

I remember thinking in 2016 that I hope we play the Bulldogs in the GF 🤦‍♂️ Point is no matter who we play, it's going to be a tough game and we must turn up to play. Sick of making GFs for nothing.
can i get an amen church GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Review The Week in Between - now we wait. Selection talk and other guff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back