Review The Week in Between - now we wait. Selection talk and other guff.

Remove this Banner Ad

If we get through to the GF (big if), it will be a true test of whether we've truly learned our lesson. 17 days to GF is short of the standard hammy time frame. It's not like he's in AA type form worth warranting the gamble on either.

Sucks for him but he hasn't played much, Fox or Adams are adequate replacements. If we get through hope he takes a leaf out of Ben McGlynn's book rather than a few others in recent Gf's (himself included). Team and individuals don't need that hanging over them during a GF lead up. Might all be a mute point come Friday night though if we don't get our start better in the PF.

I think it'll come down to specific match ups. If it's hawthorn, despite the fact they are touted as a small forward line, it's probably fox (McCartin Melican and Fox v Dear, Gunston/Bruest and Chol) whereas Port have less in the way of marking targets so we can probably play Adams for extra midfield grunt

Options are:
Campbell plays HBF, Adams sub
JMac plays HBF, Camlbell wing, Adams sub
Fox/Francis in, JMac wing, Campbell sub
Fox/Francis in, Campbell wing, JMac/Adams sub

I would bring Fox in, Campbell wing and Adams sub

The 2024 version of Mills is replaceable. He was given every opportunity the be a part of the side, but the footy gods just weren't having it.

After the Reid debacle in 2022, and then carrying JMac last game. Surely Horse will be a little gun shy.

Fox is the logical replacement imo.

Adams' inclusion is dependent on whether JMac is fit or not.

But who knows.

You just know.. deep down you know Mills will play should we get there lol
Didn't he play injured when we went up against the Dogs or Hawks? Was another selection issue I hope he remembers because he was awful that day.

The worry is not that Mills is out.

It’s that an unfit Mills comes in.
It seems that everyone has forgotten that Mills was one of our best players against Adelaide in round 24.
27 possessions and 10 marks and he genaralled the defence superbly. He played poorly last week whilst under duress yet it seems that no-one is concerned that he will be missing.
Short memories.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez I hope no one from our team visit here.. they would depart being filled with doubts they didn’t have before they arrived.

Pretty sure 16 other teams & their supporters would be envious of the position we are in with the arsenal we have, plus the momentum we go on with & belief we (should) have from the way we finished that last tough final.

These guys really do get along - hang out at Bondi together etc. it’s still good to see Paps and Toby go at it tho.

Wonder how much of this animosity is media confected.
Personally, I would think none... Both these teams are full of competitors! They might get on fine at the pub, but once the game starts, they'll be at it...

It seems that everyone has forgotten that Mills was one of our best players against Adelaide in round 24.
27 possessions and 10 marks and he genaralled the defence superbly. He played poorly last week whilst under duress yet it seems that no-one is concerned that he will be missing.
Short memories.
There no denying that a fit, match-practiced Mills is a fine player.

Losing Mills isn’t great.

But for the first half of the season, we had no Mills & steamrolled everyone.

Mills is replaceable.

But if we do make the GF and pick a half-fit Mills who can’t compete or has to be subbed early, Sack Hinkley 12 will look tame in comparison.

Out: Jmac & Mills
Ins: Adams & Fox
Sub: Campbell

Fox is a direct replacement in defence for mills, we don't need anymore unnecessary positional changes. I don't want a slow start again or be significantly behind at halftime, so Adams comes in for midfield grunt. Campbell nailed the sub role & was noticeably quicker than most players.

TBH I don't want to carry too many injured players. Mills, Campbell & Amartey are the ones we know about...

Papley said he had doubts about his ankle & needed a bit of feedback from the sports psych, so it's not only the physical toll but mental too. "The 28-year-old was so nervous about whether his ankle would hold up that he spoke with the club’s sports psychologist, Emma Murray, to help him deal with the situation."

Short memories.
Against Adelaide ….. well I w not exacyly a torrid hit out. I think a slightly injured Mills is a no go. Last week showed it again. Players not fully fit do not play. We hav very good back up that are better options

Out: Jmac & Mills
Ins: Adams & Fox
Sub: Campbell

Fox is a direct replacement in defence for mills, we don't need anymore unnecessary positional changes. I don't want a slow start again or be significantly behind at halftime, so Adams comes in for midfield grunt. Campbell nailed the sub role & was noticeably quicker than most players.

TBH I don't want to carry too many injured players. Mills, Campbell & Amartey are the ones we know about...

Papley said he had doubts about his ankle & needed a bit of feedback from the sports psych, so it's not only the physical toll but mental too. "The 28-year-old was so nervous about whether his ankle would hold up that he spoke with the club’s sports psychologist, Emma Murray, to help him deal with the situation."

Wtf he had a car accident?

Yeah, celebrating a tough, come-from-behind win in a home final. What idiots, what ****ing losers. Should have just quietly walked off the ground with looks of steely determination.

We legitimately have a few of the most miserable supporters on this forum. It’s embarrassing some of this tripe they come up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Review The Week in Between - now we wait. Selection talk and other guff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back