Review The Week in Between - now we wait. Selection talk and other guff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Have a good look at the Hawks tonight folks.

Ask yourselves, could we afford to carry underdone players against that team?

It nearly brought us undone last week. Very fortunate it's not us playing Brisbane tomorrow night.

Big stakes, and big calls to be made next week.

Reid was obviously a terrible decision but don't base every decision the selectors make on that.
The majority of grand final teams over the past 20 years have gone in with players who were less than 100%, including the winners.
I remember seeing Ted Richards down at Bondi early the week of the 2012 GF and he could, literally, barely walk. 5 days later and he's matching it with Buddy.

Yeah I agree. The only way I think he does come in (Cleary that is) is if JMac isn't right, which I doubt. You get that feeling with Cleary he is already good enough to play some midfield minutes and his pressure is elite.

I still think he might be behind Adams and Fox so it's a long shot IMO, unfortunately.
I am another one that really likes Cleary,might not make the side for the remaining games but looks to have a big future in the seniors in 2025 and onwards.

Seems I'm the last one to hear Mills is out for the year. Terrible news for him. On top of his gastro last Friday, I'm sure he's had better weeks.
Robbie Fox to be back in I guess. Happy for Fox's sake.

My ins and outs:

Out: Jmac, Mills
Sub: Parker
In: Campbell, Fox, Adams
Don't mind it, but prefer Parker's marking inside 50 (we are desperate for it), he can kick straight for goal too.
The rest will have both Parker and Adams cherry ripe and one or the other should be in, the other on the bench from here on IMO. Fox has to be the selection. Deserves another shot at the grannie, he was a one man band last time.

Geez I hope no one from our team visit here.. they would depart being filled with doubts they didn’t have before they arrived.

Pretty sure 16 other teams & their supporters would be envious of the position we are in with the arsenal we have, plus the momentum we go on with & belief we (should) have from the way we finished that last tough final.
Three GF losses will do that to you.

It's not disparaging their efforts to question selection or form or not barely winning a first quarter for most of the year.

Jmac in then dropped would shock me big time
Me too. But I hope it's the case.

I couldn't possibly ignore the form of Campbell over the last month, and especially last game and play him with Adams the sub now.

A firing Campbell Vs a misfiring/ordinary JMac could well be the difference between winning and losing prelim or the big one. Jmac to emergency for me with still a chance of playing in the GF if injury strikes.

But I figure Horse will be Horse and do the stubborn thing like he did last GF which means Adams will be out again for the prelim.

Me too. But I hope it's the case.

I couldn't possibly ignore the form of Campbell over the last month, and especially last game and play him with Adams the sub now.

A firing Campbell Vs a misfiring/ordinary JMac could well be the difference between winning and losing prelim or the big one. Jmac to emergency for me with still a chance of playing in the GF if injury strikes.

But I figure Horse will be Horse and do the stubborn thing like he did last GF which means Adams will be out again for the prelim.

I think Jmac will be better for the run and another fortnight of training .

Campbell can come in now anyway.

So port. They've won our last 8 encounters. Haven't beaten them since 2016. 3 games in Sydney, 5 in Adelaide.

Not sure why we can't beat them but we absolutely need to find a way next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port we're fantastic on being able to take the hawks game away from them. We've been vulnerable when teams have done that against us so we got to get our run and carry game going.

That’s insane since we pumped you by 100 points. get on that bet asap

A week ago you got pantsed at home and all wanted to sack your coach I guess .

But feel free to put your house on Port

But also crazy odds for any prelim

Looking forward to it, confident, need to play well, but also needing to beat Port to get to a flag is a good thing, need to avenge the flogging.

Swans by 20

Things we know:

1. We will trail at 1/4 time
2. Sweet Caroline will continue to be deployed to ensure the crowd is kept cheerful and doesn’t boo corrupt umpires
3. We will hear endless talk of Port “playing for Ken”

Things we don’t know:

1. If we’ll win (but I think we will)

Last edited:
Very relieved we aren't playing the Hawks next week.

Our only finals meeting with Port was way back in 2003, when we beat them in the qualifying final at Footy Park.

We've lost the last 8 against them so this is the perfect opportunity to end that streak and redeem ourselves after our last outing against them.

Incidentally we have lost very few finals in Sydney to sides travelling from interstate. Apart from GWS, the last team to beat us in a final in Sydney was North back in 2015 when we were basically cooked coming off a narrow defeat to Freo in the QF at Subiaco. Before that you have to go all the way back to 2003 when the Lions beat us in the prelim on their way to a third successive premiership. Port are a good side but not in the same league. I think we can win this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review The Week in Between - now we wait. Selection talk and other guff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back