Meltdown The Western Bulldog's success is built on a lie (Trigger Warning)...

Remove this Banner Ad

You made a crap post. Suck it up and move on.

You know, I'm actually going to find it pretty hilarious when the umpire's decide to call the first 'throw' by a Bulldog's player.

Confusion in the crowd, turns to anger as incorrect disposal is repeatedly called throughout the game.

In the press conference Luke Beveridge questions these decisions and appeals to the AFL for some clarity about what's going on.

This is followed by a press release by the Umpire's Association, re-stipulating the laws of the game, and saying the Umpire's were 100% correct.

Panic sets in at Whitten Oval. "It's OK", you think. "We still have some gun midfielders, like Bont, Dalhaus, Daniel, Wallis....JJ and Libba are elite too...r-right?Boyd is going to reach his potential, Liam Picken...g-gun."

But it doesn't work. Without the classic 'egg laying' or 'professional fumbles' the Bulldogs struggle to keep up with the top 4 the rest of the year, and their true power level is exposed.

You know, I'm actually going to find it pretty hilarious when the umpire's decide to call the first 'throw' by a Bulldog's player.

Confusion in the crowd, turns to anger as incorrect disposal is repeatedly called throughout the game.

In the press conference Luke Beveridge questions these decisions and appeals to the AFL for some clarity about what's going on.

This is followed by a press release by the Umpire's Association, re-stipulating the laws of the game, and saying the Umpire's were 100% correct.

Panic sets in at Whitten Oval. "It's OK", you think. "We still have some gun midfielders, like Bont, Dalhaus, Daniel, Wallis....JJ and Libba are elite too...r-right?Boyd is going to reach his potential, Liam Picken...g-gun."

But it doesn't work. Without the classic 'egg laying' or 'professional fumbles' the Bulldogs struggle to keep up with the top 4 the rest of the year, and their true power level is exposed.

I like chips with my salt

Oh the salt is starting to come through. We've been caught for incorrect disposal.

Now go ahead and start to draw some "Welcome back" banners up for some players that have just come off doping bans for cheating. Now that is no lie

This is some pretty terrible trolling now. I'm sure the mods will clean this up.

If we get that sort of umpiring in the real season then you can start comparing it to the Bulldogs umpiring last year but I doubt that will happen.

It's not like the umpiring was the only reason Carlton lost, when you get smashed by 92 points you can't blame the umpiring.
How many frees in front of goals was it? 5 (30 points)? It was early on the game, so clearly wrecked all momentum for Carlton as they know St Kilda had the rub of the green.

giphy.gif

How many frees in front of goals was it? 5 (30 points)? It was early on the game, so clearly wrecked all momentum for Carlton as they know St Kilda had the rub of the green.

Worst umpiring performance since the 1966 grand final.

Is this Dogs-only fantasy what qualifies as erotic fiction for a Bomber supporter these days? How the mighty have fallen...

I'll be proven right. Might not happen this year, or in the same fashion that I mentioned. But there's no denying that everyone else is starting to pick up on it, and the honeymoon of the underdog winning the big one has come to an end.

The AFL themselves conceded that the umpiring was not up to standard, so now the magnifying glass will be right on the dogs this year. Just remember where you heard it first.

I feel like the OP was trying to clarify rules so that the game can be more easily adjudicated by the umpires and to provide a clearer idea to spectators as to what to expect. Not having a go at the Bulldogs game plan. Let's face it, if the club has exploited a 'grey area' in the games rules, more power to them. If it was illegal, they would be called up on it and would have to change that aspect of their game. I don't think anyone is disputing that the dogs won the flag solely due to some 'illegal' tactics. If they are, I would say they are trolling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be proven right. Might not happen this year, or in the same fashion that I mentioned. But there's no denying that everyone else is starting to pick up on it, and the honeymoon of the underdog winning the big one has come to an end.

The AFL themselves conceded that the umpiring was not up to standard, so now the magnifying glass will be right on the dogs this year. Just remember where you heard it first.
Heard it on afl.com.au first. Boom

Mods - can we slap a backfire on this thread??

Wake up Jeff! Plugger has been crapping on about this for months now. You are not only delusional but totally unoriginal.

Yeah, we heard it first from Plugger35. Is this a tribute thread? 3/10 if so. You've got nothing on Riesaldt.

Wake up Jeff! Plugger has been crapping on about this for months now. You are not only delusional but totally unoriginal.

So another poster I don't even know has the same thoughts that I do. That means I'm delusional and unoriginal, nothing to do with the fact we happen to see the same umpiring issues coincidentally.

I have never seen so many neutrals think the GF umpiring was a bit off. This is a team that most neutrals were probably supporting by the way.

A lot of teams get an advantage by finding loopholes and exploiting it. I personally don't have a problem with it because not only is it part of the game but it evens itself out.

However Bulldogs mostly won because they play like a team and their contested nature is insane; not because they exploited a rule.

Also Picken

So another poster I don't even know has the same thoughts that I do. That means I'm delusional and unoriginal, nothing to do with the fact we happen to see the same umpiring issues coincidentally.

I have never seen so many neutrals think the GF umpiring was a bit off. This is a team that most neutrals were probably supporting by the way.

But you said it first is what you said. Do you even English bro?

But you said it first is what you said. Do you even English bro?
No I said you heard it hear first, because my understanding of what was previously posted this was some kind of extremely left field prediction. Now you're backpedalling and are saying 'but others have said this'. You're only confirming that what I'm saying is closer to a Reality Check than you think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Meltdown The Western Bulldog's success is built on a lie (Trigger Warning)...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back