The which rookie do I start on the field thread?

Remove this Banner Ad

I need to pick two from Ziebell - Skipworth - M Brown - Gartlett. With injury and form concerns over Skippy and Ziebell I'm not 100% on what to do.

Thoughts?

I need to pick two from Ziebell - Skipworth - M Brown - Gartlett. With injury and form concerns over Skippy and Ziebell I'm not 100% on what to do.

Thoughts?

I would go Ziebell, he averages a solid 70 and skippy looked very average last week. Brown and Gartlett could get you 40's.

Who should I play this week out of Hartlett and Coughlan?

Stats would say Coughlan, but he didn't play last week and comes up against the dogs this week.
The power come up against freo at adelaide this weekend.

Any thoughts?

Who should I play this week out of Hartlett and Coughlan?

I'd go Cogs. I have Hartlett on my bench and have been watching him pretty closely the last few weeks. He got a decent score v Sydney thanks to a couple of goals, but doesn't seem to be getting involved enough to score a good score whereas Cogs is the possibility of 80 or more

Cogs against Dogs, or Muston against the Swans. Won't Cogs fire up for Wallets last game? Has given him lots of support over the last few years, maybe he should repay the faith. Maybe he just doesnt have it in him.
Muston has been on fire but we all know what Syd does to DT scores.
Tough call - leaning towards Cogs.

Cogs against Dogs, or Muston against the Swans. Won't Cogs fire up for Wallets last game? Has given him lots of support over the last few years, maybe he should repay the faith. Maybe he just doesnt have it in him.
Muston has been on fire but we all know what Syd does to DT scores.
Tough call - leaning towards Cogs.

go cogs but it could go either way both can score well

now muston or rich doing my head in all week, any thoughts?

go cogs but it could go either way both can score well

now muston or rich doing my head in all week, any thoughts?

I would go Rich over Muston.

Even though Carlton have been tough to score against in DT land Rich scored 91 this year against the Blues.
Muston is playing against Sydney. The worst team historically to play against in DT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suban or Broughton?

Suban is consistently average, but I don't like the chances of a 4th gamer backing up a 100point effort.

im going broughton. just seems to look like a player who racks up the marks on the flanks and wings. i dont think he will crack the ton again however 70-80 is more than realistic.

Muston or Cogs?

Similarly- Muston or Hartlett? Doing my head in, going for a league win, must win game this week and opponent has Hartlett playing: Do I just play it safe (Hartlett should score ~70ish anyways v freo) or take a punt and go muston? I think my team is fairly better than his...

Similarly- Muston or Hartlett? Doing my head in, going for a league win, must win game this week and opponent has Hartlett playing: Do I just play it safe (Hartlett should score ~70ish anyways v freo) or take a punt and go muston? I think my team is fairly better than his...

Go for Hartlett.

My theory is that if I'm looking for a league win, I'm aiming to minimise the amount of players my opponent could potentially beat me with, even if you think Muston will score more than Hartlett. When in doubt, play it safe.

Ballantyne or Walker?
Man that is a hard one Ballantyne kicked 5 goals in the WAFL last week but then got a cork and left the ground... so could be good or could be bad. Walker has had a few big games in the year but has not 2 in a row, he had a good game last week so i wouldnt expect too much there, but that isnt much to go on. i would probibly go with Walker anyway as i dont think the ball will go into the freos forward 50 much this week playing port at home.

Im in a similar boat to you i have to decide out of:
sidebottom vs Brown vs Ballantyne
Sidey and Brown are both on extended benches so i if all are named to play i will go sidey onfield and have brown as EMG.
I also have:
Muston Vs Rich
I think i will go rich just because muston is playing sydney.

I'm choosing between Skipworth & Sidebottom.

Skipworth is playing against his old side so will find plenty of extra motivation to perform.

Sidebottom is playing against Melbourne. Enough said.

Neither are guaranteed a spot at the moment as both are on the extended bench.

Id start Skipworth and have Sidey as emergency. Sidebottom hasn't got about 75 this year and Skipworth has the potential to do that.

Remove this Banner Ad

The which rookie do I start on the field thread?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back