The Worsfold coaching situation mega-thread, part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya mean like Sheedy serious?
So from your reasoning he will never be a good coach because he's not serious enough on TV. OK.
I have neither said he would be a good coach or a bad coach, I merely responded to someone else's opinion that he wouldn't. Which was based on a similar rationale to yours.
Was Matthew Knights serious enough for you?
The Martians must have landed, sorry can't say that it's not serious enough. An AFL coach would never make a comment like that.
I don't think comparing Sheedy to Colbert is a "substantial" comparison.

Big write up in todays West about Scott Waters.

Do you think he would be keen to get involved at WCE, either along side Woosh or as his replacement?

Big write up in todays West about Scott Waters.

Do you think he would be keen to get involved at WCE, either along side Woosh or as his replacement?

Doubt he would want to move sideways to an assistant role, but would have to be in the running if Woosha goes later in the year. Ex Eages, WA fella, great WAFL track record, now premiership assistant coach. Not a bad resume.

Doubt he would want to move sideways to an assistant role, but would have to be in the running if Woosha goes later in the year. Ex Eages, WA fella, great WAFL track record, now premiership assistant coach. Not a bad resume.

IF we sack Woosh mid year, it needs to be done in a very clever way. I can see a similar outrage occurring to the one following Cousins sacking.

Would Waters be the kind of guy to jump straight into Woosha's grave?

There does appear to be a hierarchy in assistant coaches though.

Reid is numero uno at Collingwood at the minute.

I read that Buckley wants to retain them both - but attracting someone like Watters would be a good fit - offer them the senior assistant role - which is a step up. He'd also know he'd be in line for the top job if Woosha gets moved on.

There does appear to be a hierarchy in assistant coaches though.

Reid is numero uno at Collingwood at the minute.

I read that Buckley wants to retain them both - but attracting someone like Watters would be a good fit - offer them the senior assistant role - which is a step up. He'd also know he'd be in line for the top job if Woosha gets moved on.

Yes - would probably depend on Woosha's contract status. If he'd just got an extension/new contract, you can't see Watters coming across, but on the understanding he would take over? Perhaps.

Also, while clubs are usually prepared to let assistants go to take up senior roles elsewhere, they're generally not so keen to release them for another assistant job.

Re: Wooshaa has to goooo mid 2011!!!!!!

bit of an over-reaction don't you think.
I'm sure we would have been actively talking to clubs for our targets but if a suitable agreement couldnt be reached then at least we didnt get shafted. I dont think we got shafted for mckinley btw. He's a crab. Krakour or Leon for that matter would hold the development back for one of our juniors. Whilst I think it would have been a feel good story who cares!

Would you have liked Walker, Josh Hill or Motlop to come across for a 1st/2nd round draft pick?

We ARE the SHITTEST TEAM at Trade Week once again!!! :mad:

Who should we have gone after harder.

To get Sherman we would of had to pay over with #4
Hill?

No one else really worth going for because they would have cost too much, we needed a pick in the high teens. Its a shame we miss out on Krak but again it would have cost pick 4, some would argue pick 26 would have been too much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can he come out and say 'we will challenge for a premiership in the nxt 3-4yrs' with players like Ebert Swift MacKenzie nd co that have shit skills nd are slow??

WCE17 has a goood ring to it!!!! Dnt ya think??

How can he come out and say 'we will challenge for a premiership in the nxt 3-4yrs' with players like Ebert Swift MacKenzie nd co that have shit skills nd are slow??

WCE17 has a goood ring to it!!!! Dont ya think??

Intense training, self confidence and repeating their best on-field feats (which tease us)
which they have shown in snippets on a more regular basis.
At least 10-12% more often to challenge for top 4.

Realise that their have been moments of great team play in 2010.
And understand the psyche of it.

We do have the players in core perspective.

WCE17 has a goood ring to it!!!! Dnt ya think??

Don't ignore the questions that where asked of you earlier. Who would you have taken and what would you have paid.

Or are you simply in the "just trade someone FFS" camp.

Wasn't he the guy from Port.

correct

Eagles add Port assistant to staff

WEST Coast have offset the loss of Michael Voss to Brisbane Lions by adding former Port Adelaide assistant Phillip Walsh to their revamped AFL coaching staff.

Walsh, who recently ended his 10-year stay with the Power after a rumoured falling out with Port coach Mark Williams, will become the Eagles' strategy and innovations coach.

Walsh played 122 games with Collingwood, Richmond and Brisbane, and was also the strength and conditioning coach at Geelong from 1995-1998.

"West Coast contacted me after I had resigned at Port Adelaide and I am very excited with the opportunity," Walsh said.

"I am rapt to be working with John Worsfold and the rest of the coaching staff with a terrific young list.

"To work at a club like West Coast, which has such a proud history, is a dream come true for me."

West Coast chief executive Trevor Nisbett said the decision to appoint Walsh was part of an aggressive strategy to recruit the best available people.

"We are committed to securing the best-credentialed people in the business and there is no doubt that Phillip fits into that category," Nisbett said.

"He has a broad skills set which certainly will complement both John Worsfold and Peter Sumich."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...sistant-to-staff/story-e6frf3bc-1111117428314

Yeah Walshy hasn't exactly achieved much since he's been here. He probably would have been sacked if Fremantle were on his list of previous employers. Still he is not the main problem it's Worsfold, Sumich and Nisbett.

Yeah Walshy hasn't exactly achieved much since he's been here. He probably would have been sacked if Fremantle were on his list of previous employers. Still he is not the main problem it's Worsfold, Sumich and Nisbett.

What about Daniher? He is the direct boss of Worsfold and Sumich.

With the complete lack of game plan and innovation, how can you let Walsh get off scot free when that's his sole purpose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back