Roast The Yakult Twins

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a good point.

No it's not, it's a bloody terrible point. He hasn't been in the gym just doing Bench Press and bicep curls all Summer. The majority of those kgs will have come through increased lower limb and core strength, of which should make him faster, stronger in the contest and more able to run out games.

No wonder when we have a home game the supporters are more interested in booing the umpires (or our own players) off the ground then applauding a win. Very much a flavour of the early Jetta threads going on here. I think somebody should of made an ex-Cat off season pick ups thread. Another hammy nobody asking for Robinson to be sacked, another match of poor fwd chemistry and no threads about does Egan know what he is doing?

Wasn't it in 2006 when the Cats fitness regime was question after they then came out in 2007 and tore the competition to shreds?

This season and last season is hopefully building the base to be able to "manage" our players from this point forward.

Melksham looked incredibly flat but he's bounced back nearly everytime after playing poorly. Hopefully next week will be the same

Wasn't it in 2006 when the Cats fitness regime was question after they then came out in 2007 and tore the competition to shreds?

This season and last season is hopefully building the base to be able to "manage" our players from this point forward.

Melksham looked incredibly flat but he's bounced back nearly everytime after playing poorly. Hopefully next week will be the same

This is my point, its a long road for a young player to become a consistently good player, if we are just going to drop our best young players every few weeks we may as well not bother. I'd like to know who people think we have in reserve to take his spot.

To be fair they've said all along they're training for the whole season rather than have them rip-raring to go for rd 1, and there's been a first quarter injury (affecting rotations) each week.
I know this is completely different to what I said last week, but let's watch the season unfold.

Neither were great early on in 2011 either.

Melksham is trying and bustiing a gut out there but his body is not allowing him to do things his mind thinks it can.

He's crashing in a lot and taking on the player and I think it's taking a toll on his body. He has grown a fair bit over summer and I think he can't sustain the workload with the extra kg's at the moment.

Zaka is the main concern as someone needs to tell him to go %100 all the time.

I think these two have been given hero status far too early in their careers and now we are seeing the results of that.
Melksham has shown promise but has not been awesome by any stretch and Zaka kicking that goal on Anzac day gave him 2 more years hero status no matter what he did.
It is time for the club to stop trotting these 2 out for all of the media crap and get them back to being focused on playing football.
I'm sure that they will both become important players in the team but lets stop putting them up on a pedestal when they haven't earnt the right to be there yet. They are still doing their apprenticeship at the moment and young men with big ego's can fall in a hole very quickly as we are now seeing.

I think these two have been given hero status far too early in their careers and now we are seeing the results of that.
Melksham has shown promise but has not been awesome by any stretch and Zaka kicking that goal on Anzac day gave him 2 more years hero status no matter what he did.
It is time for the club to stop trotting these 2 out for all of the media crap and get them back to being focused on playing football.
I'm sure that they will both become important players in the team but lets stop putting them up on a pedestal when they haven't earnt the right to be there yet. They are still doing their apprenticeship at the moment and young men with big ego's can fall in a hole very quickly as we are now seeing.

The guy is our reigning Best and Fairest....i think he deserves some hero status.

I prefer the other side of the coin. We're 3-0, and we're yet to play well and have seen very little from these two and Hurley. Last night was the first time Crameri had impacted the scoreboard. Even injuries aside, we have a tonne of upside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melksham has struggled with his tank since the beginning of his career - Obviously will improve his endurance but his ceiling may not be as good as others - He looks bigger but is one player who maybe should be focusing more on endurance.

The fact we have won 3 games with the plethora of soft tissue injuries and these two passengers is a damn right miracle.

All I can say is wow. Watch out when these two get their shit together because they are guns when they are on!

*crosses fingers that it's this week*

Did he really? Felt like he barely touched it, that post high shot from 60 aside.

Crameri has been good in all 3 games.

Expect he would have got B and F votes.

Opposition defences are putting all their efforts into thwarting Hurley, so Cram has been integral to our attack. Missed some shots, but I'm very happy with his output. Had a nice spread of goals against GC too.

My jumper as a kid had #5, then I jumped on #10 a few years ago. Now that Frothies is almost out, I was thinking about #17...but given his start to 2012, I'm reserving judgment.

Disappointing that Zaka can't impose himself on a match and break a tag. Sure he'll work it out eventually, but definitely need more from him. Shocked to find him around the bottom of player stats each week during a match.

Yeah, he's been good, but he hadn't really put a complete game together until the GC game. He had a lot of touches, but no goals v North. Port was better, but he should be pushing 20 touches each week. Then he played a perfect wet weather forward's game. I'm not saying he's been bad, just that there's upside in his performances so far, which was the thrust of my argument. We've won every game without some pretty big names firing. You can add Pears to my initial list. Hocking has barely fired a shot for obvious reasons, Hooker had one good game but wasn't playing for the other two.

If you want to know where the improvement is coming from...

Been a slow start to the season and to come away with 3 wins is a good effort.

We need fast improvement though.
Looking past this week, if we can roll collingwood on Anzac Day (and that is going to require some effort to keep Cloke from destroying us), it could be the platform needed to kickstart the season.

Crameri has been impressive IMO. Missed some sitters in round 1 with 0.5 as well

The 'Yakult Twins' have been very disappointing. We really needed them, and to a lesser extent, Heppell to go to the next level this year and become much consistent

We will get smashed by Carlton this week if we do not get an even contribution from our midfield, and, in particular, these guys. In fact, we probably need a lot more than just an even contribution

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast The Yakult Twins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back