There's something funny about these close Hawthorn wins...

Remove this Banner Ad

A soul crushing 2011 prelim loss in the dying seconds by a Shoenmakers dropped mark and Luke Ball snap.

A heart smashing loss in the 2012 GF losing Guerra to a hammy, Hodge with a ruined knee, Ellis injured in the first quarter and the windiest GF I ever remember with a team who relies on kicking

Yeah lucky that with all that pain we fought back with a three and maybe a four-peat, whilst losing Buddy Franklin for peanuts, Roughy to cancer and an assistant coach every year ...

All luck ...

I think the Hawks are being secretly aided by aliens.

ffh.jpg

A lot of conspiracy theories did prove to be true...though I'm far from one who thinks everything is a conspiracy theory, but I do think some have some basis to them. It's hardly as if sport is totally immune as well.
If you can somehow explain/write Cyril's set shot from 55 - Something I can't remember happening before - into whatever theory it is you are trying to explore - I will listen.

You guys have no idea.

It should be clear to one and all that the umpires have sought out a medium to contact the spirits to find out how to end the last number of decades of Hawthorn domination. You see it all began with the Hawks beating Footscray in 1961 Grand Final. In order to restore equilibrium, the footy gods have declared a replay of the 1961 grand final—but with a Footscray victory—as the only way to end the Hawk curse on the AFL and Australian Rules football in general.

The AFL attempted to destroy the Hawks financially in the 90s, then umpire Goldspink took it into his own hands in the early 2000s. The AFL tried again by taking the Kennedy out of Hawthorn, and it seemed like it was going to work, but it didn't quite. Then they thought they had figured it out by getting Franklin to join him. Finally Razor Ray, on recommendation of James Hird, called up one of those mediums they advertise on TV and they revealed the truth.

Unfortunately, not all the clubs are onboard with this. Notably Geelong and until today, Sydney. This explains the shocking Free Kick differential. The AFL has directed the Umpires to make sure that the curse of 61 will end.

Last edited:
Yeah lucky that with all that pain we fought back with a three and maybe a four-peat, whilst losing Buddy Franklin for peanuts, Roughy to cancer and an assistant coach every year ...

All luck ...

With the departing assistant coach being able to reveal inside information of the way Hawthorn does what it does.

Hawthorn should be celebrated, not denigrated, for their success.
But this is Big Footy so it is expected Dheads say the dumb things they say, and then some Dhead Hawthorn supporters reply back with equally stupid comments about other clubs.
I would say the wider, non-forum-commenting AFL community respect what Hawthorn has done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the departing assistant coach being able to reveal inside information of the way Hawthorn does what it does.

But this is Big Footy so it is expected Dheads say the dumb things they say, and then some Dhead Hawthorn supporters reply back with equally stupid comments about other clubs.
I would say the wider, non-forum-commenting AFL community respect what Hawthorn has done.
I have my hope restored thanks mate.

I don't really like red cards given I've had the most ever apparently but I really wish they would be handed out for utter stupidity ...

PM's Chief about it once and he agreed but said he couldn't because he'd lose 80% of the community and the entire Port Power fan base ...

A post full of reason, sense and humility.

This is Bigfooty, get that stuff outta here!!

Not all conspiracy theories are equal, like not all mysteries are. I won't go into it, probably no point, but it's arrogant to think we know the answers to everything, or the official story is right. No need to be a tin-hat wearing crazy to realise that...

True. No need to actually be wearing a tin-hat to be batshiz crazy, you're living proof of that.

Are you sure you're forum name shouldnt be PerthBoy06?

Hodge always concedes shit goals in fourth quarters but then he does a 1%er in the last minute he is the hero. A 10 gamer danced around him and kicked a goal. Never see Mitchell, Rioli, Gunston or Burgoyne do this, but they end up cleaning his mess.

Yes you're right, they must be pretty pissed off having such a complete passenger as their captain. It will no doubt cost us dearly in a big game one day.

I have my hope restored thanks mate.

A post full of reason, sense and humility.

After the game today I watched the players and coach signing balls and giving them out.
It showed Alistair Clarkson and though if there is anyone I would want a signed footy from it would be him.
The greatest hero of Hawthorn is Alistair Clarkson, with 2nd place being daylight.
The guy is a flippin legend. And it shows in what assistant coaches who have come out from under him have been able to do ie Simpson and Beveridge.

Not to take anything away from Adam Simpson's achievements, afterall he did take a bottom rung West Coast from predicted wooden spooners to Grand Finalists in 2 seasons, but I am under no illusion he learned a lot of his craft from Alistair Clarkson.

Could this not have gone in one of 95 other Hawthorn masturbation threads?

I'm not convinced that Hawthorn's run of close wins makes them some sort of super-team. Close wins in finals are one thing, but 5 wins under 10 points just to secure a top 4/8 spot is a worry. Hawthorn lost by 2, 4, 8 and 10 last year and still won 16 games. They rolled us in Perth, smacked Freo in Tassie and smacked Sydney in Sydney. Message received loud and clear. It was dropping games to Richmond and Port than kept them in 3rd. This year they've already been beaten by Sydney, Geelong and GWS.

IMO you get a finite number of clutch Burgoyne/Rioli goals, big Hodge quarters etc. in a given year and using them up to beat St Kilda and North in the H&A season doesn't bode well for the business end of the season. But then this season is ****ed so who knows. We win against Carlton and we're back in the top 4, level with teams who have played a shitload better than we have.

Why are they finite? Nobody Has told Silk that.

Could this not have gone in one of 95 other Hawthorn masturbation threads?

I'm not convinced that Hawthorn's run of close wins makes them some sort of super-team. Close wins in finals are one thing, but 5 wins under 10 points just to secure a top 4/8 spot is a worry. Hawthorn lost by 2, 4, 8 and 10 last year and still won 16 games. They rolled us in Perth, smacked Freo in Tassie and smacked Sydney in Sydney. Message received loud and clear. It was dropping games to Richmond and Port than kept them in 3rd. This year they've already been beaten by Sydney, Geelong and GWS.

IMO you get a finite number of clutch Burgoyne/Rioli goals, big Hodge quarters etc. in a given year and using them up to beat St Kilda and North in the H&A season doesn't bode well for the business end of the season. But then this season is stuffed so who knows. We win against Carlton and we're back in the top 4, level with teams who have played a shitload better than we have.

Remove this Banner Ad

There's something funny about these close Hawthorn wins...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back