There's something funny about these close Hawthorn wins...

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't going to reveal this, and now I am my life will no doubt be in danger. But the OP has blown the lid on it so I feel duty bound to BF to spill what I know.

Managed to get into Hawthorn rooms after a game earlier this year and got this photo of the players coming out of the showers...

Can't let them get close at the end. The difference is mental strength, If it is close in the last quarter, the Hawks think they are going to win, if your the team playing hawthorn in a close game you also think they are going to win.

They have really shattered the confidence of every other team.

[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]
Wasn't going to reveal this, and now I am my life will no doubt be in danger. But the OP has blown the lid on it so I feel duty bound to BF to spill what I know.

Managed to get into Hawthorn rooms after a game earlier this year and got this photo of the players coming out of the showers...

LOL
Mods should wrap this thread up now. All downhill from here.

We used to do it around the '05 era. Good mature players do it.

Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 11.16.45 AM.png

Last night's age profile. You can see the difference - crucially, Hawthorn have 4 extra players who've played over 100 games, and 3 less <50 gamers. And a lot of their >150 gamers are their best users of the footy, whereas ours are mostly inside mids with questionable disposal.

Last edited:
People on about Rioli being clutch and Buddy out on the full

Have any of you considered there's a remote control device in the ball? Of course Rioli can pull out a 55m goal in the last minute of a game with all his hamstring issues :rolleyes:
l heard its because every hawthorn supporter is genetically engineered with jet engines for lungs.

TLDR

Geelong won 10 games by 20 points or less in 2014, six of them by single figures. Smallest non finals loss was 23 points.

Finished equal wins with first, third in percentage, out in straight sets :'(
Similar to Freo last year.

Hawks might find another gear in finals like they have before but if they continue in the same vein then it could come unstuck. The best team always wins the Flag, luck won't last that long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Similar to Freo last year.

Hawks might find another gear in finals like they have before but if they continue in the same vein then it could come unstuck. The best team always wins the Flag, luck won't last that long.
Hawthorn '13 and Collingwood '10 are the only teams to win the flag from first in the past 8 years too, Hawthorn has shown us over the past 2 years that H&A results don't mean much if you can finish in September.

Matchfixing conspiracies and unconscious umpire bias aside, I'm also seeing people who seem to think the AFL want Hawthorn to get a fourth flag in a row. (Granted, after last night they are mainly swans fans)

Can anyone who believes this stuff answer me one question: What does the AFL have to gain from another Hawks flag? It seems obvious that if they would prefer anything it would be the exact opposite.

The economic benefits from success coming from elsewhere are obvious, and the whole project of recent history has been equalisation. There have been numerous high-profile figures recently saying the ongoing dominance of a few is a "bad look for the competition".

inb4 you are called a melting flog, hate hawthorn etc. etc.
You're a melty Hawks hating flog! :p

A dick looking for likes?
Or likes looking for dicks?

A little bit of venting, a little bit of indulging my imagination a little bit. I don't know though, it just strikes me as strange how it's happening so much though.
Is this a direct quote from either of your parents for you masterbating too much?

As someone who works with autistic kids, can I just say they know better than this rubbish.

Shit posts (yours and OP).
Here here, well said.

With the departing assistant coach being able to reveal inside information of the way Hawthorn does what it does.

Hawthorn should be celebrated, not denigrated, for their success.
But this is Big Footy so it is expected Dheads say the dumb things they say, and then some Dhead Hawthorn supporters reply back with equally stupid comments about other clubs.
I would say the wider, non-forum-commenting AFL community respect what Hawthorn has done.

They ARE respected for what they have achieved over the past three years, but the truth is they haven't been that brilliant this year, IMO. I don't believe the #freekickhawthorn thing is a real conspiracy but I think the hashtag is in part a response to their recent run of good luck. They're a bit like Freo last year, will probably win the minor premiership but I don't think they are the best team in it this year. Having said that experienced sides do know how to get the umpires on side, so other sides need to wake up to this.

Mods: I don't want to sound head****ed but how many Hawthorn threads do we need on the main board? I counted 5 Hawthorn-related threads on the front page alone and 2 about them winning 4 in a row. Can't we just have one thread for each team on the main board for the BigFooty community to discuss all things related to that team? Might make your job easier.

I don't believe the #freekickhawthorn thing is a real conspiracy but I think the hashtag is in part a response to their recent run of good luck.

Having said that experienced sides do know how to get the umpires on side, so other sides need to wake up to this.

Mods: I don't want to sound head****ed but how many Hawthorn threads do we need on the main board?

Agree. :thumbsu:

I think free kicks for the opposition are being coached out of our game & are frowned upon unless the free kick to the opposition benifits us by giving it away. Because of our structures & pressure it actually forces opponents to sometimes infringe upon our players or at least make rash mistakes, resulting in frees to Hawthorn.
We are not 100% pure football but I think we are striving towards it & free kicks are part of the game that we want to dominate as well. It makes sense to win more than you give away to gain an advantage.

The people want them, they luv us. :p

Can't let them get close at the end. The difference is mental strength, If it is close in the last quarter, the Hawks think they are going to win, if your the team playing hawthorn in a close game you also think they are going to win.

They have really shattered the confidence of every other team.

How scary must it be for an opposition player to see Burgoyne walk up to the centre square with 5 minutes to ago and a goal the difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

There's something funny about these close Hawthorn wins...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back